Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you prefer ponies wearing clothes?

Rainbow Eclipse

Just a thought, because I saw artwork of the ponies wearing the outfits their human counterparts wear in Equestria Girls and it looked pretty. So, do you like the ponies with clothes on or do you prefer them disrobed? (NOT suggesting anything dirty, just wondering.)

The artwork is here, BTW. http://mlpfanart.wikia.com/wiki/File:My_Little_Pony_Equestria_Girls_in_human_outfits.png (not by me)

Edited by Red Pegasus

No, I don't. It can look fancy sometimes, like on the GRAND GALLOPING GALA!!! THE MOST AMAZING GALA IN ALL OF EQUESTRIA! OOOH THE GRAND GALLOPING GALA IS THE BEST PLACE FOR ME...... I just love that song :)

Well, yeah, I prefer them without clothes usually. The artwork that you linked, is like, meh. Prefer without.

Whoa, they do look pretty cute in those clothes wub.png

But I like the show as it is, probably because clothes are mostly a human thing, and the fantasy world setting of FiM, which is very far apart from ours, is a sizable part of its appeal.

Ofc, I love it when ponies wear 'clothes'

post-20017-0-13477000-1382952851_thumb.png

That said, i like it when there wear stuff like Armour, like Dashie and Flutters in jousting armour. also seen some insane detailed versions of Royal Ponies and Shining Armour himself in full plate that look badass. 

• Brohoof 1

They do look nice on them on the occasions, but I'm happy they don't wear them all the time.

For example, Grand Galloping Galla, or the wedding or Twilight's coronation just wouldn't look the same without clothes... it wouldn't have the same rank of formality.

But in normal life... it's just more natural seeing them with no clothes. They are horses, and no humans, after all.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here. I think clothing them would be an interesting concept. It would make each character look more varied per episode, and it would open the door to differing uses of clothing within episodes. Perhaps there are construction workers who use heavy duty steel exo-suits with hydraulic lifting arms, then one goes haywire and has to be stopped before it destroys the town. I dunno, just rambling a bit, but it would be interesting to see something like that.

I wouldn't say I prefer it.  I like it how it is now, when they wear clothes during special occasions only.  I think it's so much fun to see them in different outfits every now and then.  But if they wore clothes all the time, then they would probably always wear the same clothes, like in most cartoons.  And then when they actually got new clothes, it wouldn't be as exciting.

Wait, is this making any sense.

Whatever.  That Pinkie Pie is adorable though!

No, I like them naked.. ;) lol, just kidding I don't really think too much about it but I love it when they wear socks. Ponies wearing socks is adorable and you know. They just look very good in socks, but regarding clothes they look a bit different in them. So it's better that it's only accessories, like glasses, scarf and socks.

• Brohoof 1

I used to wish they would wear clothes regularly back in my early days of watching the show, but now, it's something I don't even really think about. If anything, it actually feels more natural to me to see them without clothes today.

Edited by CloudMistDragon

Nope. It's nothing perverted of me, but I prefer them being 'naked'. I just can't imagine them wearing clothes throughout the whole series. Nope. Sorry. Have a nice day

They look really cute in clothes, but I like them better without clothes. I think it's nice for them to dress up on occasion, but I wouldn't like it if they wore clothes all the time. 

No, I like them naked.. wink.png lol, just kidding I don't really think too much about it but I love it when they wear socks. Ponies wearing socks is adorable and you know. They just look very good in socks, but regarding clothes they look a bit different in them. So it's better that it's only accessories, like glasses, scarf and socks.

I agree, scarfs, a Fez, or bow ties (Doctor Who references and if you remember Tom Baker the you would get the scarf reference!) that's what makes them look cool, or fedora's or if we're talking soviet ponies then Ushanka's  are cool too!  Overall I don't care much about them wearing clothes, except for the Gala maybe only because it fit.  As for ponies like Doctor Whooves them it a bow tie or just regular tie makes sense.

Edited by OldSkoolBrony

Depends really on the setting/occasion.For something like the Gala or Twilight's Coronation, or the Royal Wedding..yea...clothing makes sense as it gives it a "formal look"It'd look rather improper and not very formal if they were at those events, well naked.

Though this also brings up something else......depending on the attire, ponies can look much more attractive (Read sexy) vs them being naked (as we usually see them)...I don't know why either, Sure that picture of Twilight lying on her bed in lingerie is hot,but given the same picture without said lingerie, and she just looks like regular Twily...

• Brohoof 1

Um, I like both honestly?  I mean lets rewind what if they always had warn cloths?

Would anyone honestly say it would have cheapened anything?
I find the naked humor on mlp pretty damn funny,

Rainbow dash snapping back flutter shy's sheet and she blushes after words in the super cider episode.  that's just good fun.

You know if hasbro was really money grubbing you think the ponies would always be wearing something so they could sell it to the fans.