Yellow Diamond

597 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

...what is this I don't even.

I mean seriously, I NEVER thought they would pull a twist like that. A delayed Discord dastardly deed. Color me very, VERY impressed.

Not to mention the flashbacks, the drama between the Mane 6, Discord himself, holy crap.

I just hope they actually use that box as a season-long plot device. They SO missed their chance with Sombra's horn.

I have high hopes for season 4 now.

• Brohoof 5

I liked it but it somehow felt a bit rushed like they could gave done another episode. I was waiting for discord to be a villian again thought for sure it was coming, but his comic relief and trolling of ponies was great. And Scootaloo in pic to Celestia in the opening now along with others.

• Brohoof 2

Man, I loved it!

I really liked Discord and AJ; I was worried for both of these, but they got them perfectly, especially Discord.

Fluttershy, RD, and Twilight were on par for me.

I wasn't the biggest fan of how they put Rarity in this episode, but, hell, it's huge step up from S3. I think it's going to get better in that department, though :D She is my best pony, after all :D

Pinkie was overdone in part 1, but she made up for it in part 2, so meh. Still love her :lol:

The plot was awesome! I'm glad we got a season long thing going on here, or, at least, I presume :D

• Brohoof 3

So much better than The Crystal Empire but why are the mane 5 so useless without Twilight? I'm a fan of the lesson though not a fan of how it was executed. Twilight get sent away just because she's a  princess and Discord teaches the lesson then she goes back yeah that was handled slobbery.

I was a fan of Discord in this episode he was handled well and I;m just glade they used him well.

And wow those Rairlight undertones at the beginning of the first episode I can't be the only one that noticed that right.  Anyway 7/10 easily my favorite 2 parter but could have been paced a bit better and the out of character mane 5 kept it from a 8 or 9.

(Spoilers are in the spoiler boxes, you have been warned.)

First off: I did like it. However, I think it felt a touch rushed, honestly. They tried to fit too many concepts into 44 min.

(1) Being a Princess won't undermine the friendships of the Mane 6 coupled with (2) Deaus Ex Machina Brand flash-back soda world building and (3) evil plant monster... All cool stuff, just too much for the time frame.

But hey!

We got some canon back-story of the Princesses and Discord; which is huge to me.

And now...

The Mane Six are off on a season-spanning fetch quest to open that darned box! happy.png

And, best of all: 

Discord in a French Maid's outfit! "I don't do windows." lols~

All in all, a good start to the season. I'm looking forward to what comes next.

Edited by eightbithoof
  • Brohoof 3

Absolutely Amazing!! Season is off to a great start. Two parts that I really liked in the episodes:

1. Discord singing Winter Wrap Up

2. They all Pinkie Promised, but sadly never followed through with it.

Also everybody is wondering about that box. Wonder what that would say for a later episode.

I truly enjoyed this episode.  Even though I missed the first 5 mins of the premier, I still felt like I got the whole story.  Trying to be a little more serious.  I found it extremely interesting how the other mane 6 basically kicked Twilight out of the group (for safety purposes, since she is the "last princess" to look over Equestria).  Another thing I really liked about this premier... The lock-box.  I think we are going to have a solid full season arc similar to season 1 (in how the season really started with the ticket master and ended with the gala episode).  Side note.... They gave up the elements of harmony.... EEYUP this season is definitely going to be interesting

I would love to hear other ponies thoughts about my comments to reply to me if you want to discuss the aspects of the episode I brought up.

I missed a few parts, but from what I did see that was amazing. I can't believe they were so edgy and dark during the whole Nightmare Moon/Celestia flashback. Discord was great, and overall its just amazing. This might just be better than the Return of Harmony. I can't even function properly right now. I thought I was going to be disppointed, but wow I was wrong. This was just great. :D Maybe later I'll post a proper review once I've watched it again, and I calm down. :P I wonder if theres going to be a story arc..

• Brohoof 3

So much better than The Crystal Empire but why are the mane 5 so useless without Twilight? I'm a fan of the lesson though not a fan of how it was executed. Twilight get sent away just because she's a  princess and Discord teaches the lesson then she goes back yeah that was handled slobbery.

I was a fan of Discord in this episode he was handled well and I;m just glade they used him well.

And wow those Rairlight undertones at the beginning of the first episode I can't be the only one that noticed that right.  Anyway 7/10 easily my favorite 2 parter but could have been paced a bit better and the out of character mane 5 kept it from a 8 or 9.

I don't think it was because the mane 5 are useless without Twilight. It's that they can't do it unless they are together. Even if it was just Twilight or someone other than Twilight was missing. The same thing would happen because they all need each other.

Just got finished watching this over here...

IT WAS SOOOO COOOOOOOOOL!!!

The actualy episode itself was ok, but those flashbacks! They answered many of my questions and actually provided backstory on the Elements!

That duel between Nightmare Moon and Celestia was pretty legit as well. (The whole time I was thinking: "ON THE MOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNAAAAAAA!!!!"

And the end of Discord's tyranny, the rainbows even existed back then....

Really sweet flashbacks.

Am I the only one that thought this episode was just... Awful? It just seemed more like a showcase of ponies rather than a story that facilitates them. There just wasn't much in it for me to like, I guess. :/

Maybe it's just my mood, or maybe I'm just on a hating spree after watching the horrendous book 2 of Korra...

Either way, here's hoping the rest of the season will impress me... I'll have to watch it again to get my true feelings on it worked out.

Well I don't care that much if it's considering showing off but I just don't like the fact that she did it cause she can't fly that well and there's no explanation how or why she could do that thing. It was just something unnecessary they added just for the sake of it. But whatever, it's nothing important :3

Wait so you're saying that you dislike the fact Twilight isn't use to flying? 

I absolutely loved it! Truly an epic start of a new season, I can't wait for more. The two episodes gave us a lot of story, it was awesome and Twilight with wings was just adorkable. I loved it, one of my favorite episodes now it had a very epic feel to it.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 2

Ok EXTREME SPOILER ALERT FOR WHO EVER DIDN'T WATCH THE EPISODE(read if you watched)

To start with, rating :9.5/10 Why? Because the events ran a bit too fast needed a bit more development. 

Analysis + a few extras

Now complete analysis+everything wrong:
First thing is Twilight should be acing the wings by now as if you rewatch the end of MMC you can see here making a perfect barrel loop.
Now, Seatbelts on ponies, something seems wrong, ok I understand there is safety reference, but seriously not on ponies xD.
The tentacles plants, really? + Discord in maid dress i know there will be some clopping material coming out of there (no I am not a clopper)
Whenever Twily saw the flashback where discord was throwing out those seeds (the first flashback) 
Too much fanbase feed! Hasbro gave in too much in one episode! Ok we got Luna and Celestia suddenly disapear? whoa a bit too much, and only one princess to control a whole kingdom?
The tree was overpowered, though the idea that they had to sacrifice the elements was well elaborated + new mystery box to save?
Some questions to be asked: what happened to zecora?
Why is discord such an a**? 
Those spikey clouds how did they disappear?
Three seasons... they passed next to castle where Nightmare moon was defeated and suddenly a cave with a tree appears? I mean the thing is huge how could they have missed it ?!

Am I the only one that thought this episode was just... Awful? It just seemed more like a showcase of ponies rather than a story that facilitates them. There just wasn't much in it for me to like, I guess. :/

Maybe it's just my mood, or maybe I'm just on a hating spree after watching the horrendous book 2 of Korra...

Either way, here's hoping the rest of the season will impress me... I'll have to watch it again to get my true feelings on it worked out.

I think it's just not your type of episode maybe. MLP seems to be at it's best at Slice of Life stories and this just wasn't one. Do you like these kinds of mlp episodes? You know the Adventure type ones?

It wasn't awful. They just went a little bit skee-wiff with the plot movement, everything else within the story was fine. Remember that a story isn't just how the plot moves, there's characterisation, messages/themes, settings etc. and of course what the plot it self is. It was more centered around characterisation as it should be

Edited by Fubz

The 6 Key-Keepers:

Rainbow Dash's boss = a calm, cool world-champion master flyer with flying/wind attacks 

Applejack's boss = an old-fashioned, honor/pride master farmer that can grow plants instantly with plant attacks 

Pinkie Pie's boss = Vinyl Scratch, Equestria-renowned party DJ who can use musical attacks

Rarity's boss = flamboyant/vain master designer that can manipulate materials and tools for attacks

Fluttershy's boss = hotheaded master animal ranger that uses animals to attack

Twilight's boss = Sunset Shimmer who has the Alicorn Amulet + Sombra's magic + Discord's chaos captured

let's do it writers

• Brohoof 1