Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has Discord changed in the Season 4 Premiere?

~XCOLIDE~

Has Discord changed for the better. what's your thoughts.

-radicalpony

• Brohoof 2

Yes, but he still has some more changing and growing to do. He is still a troll as we have clearly seen in the season 4 premier but he did kind of help in his own round about way. He is still a troll but he is becoming a troll with a heart of gold if that makes sense.

Once a troll, always a troll. You just gotta see beyond his trolling. Like, all the trolling that he did in Season 4 Episode 1 was very important. Otherwise Twilight wouldn't have learned that friendship lesson.

• Brohoof 1

He isn't actively trying to do bad, but he certainly doesn't try and help out. He's more of a neutral character. He has good and bad moments now. And I love him that way!

• Brohoof 3

Yes he has, he will always have his moments to troll and have as much fun as possible. He is sort of an ally to the Elements of Harmony, while at the same time he will have time to cause trouble to help the Mane 6 learn a moral/lesson.

• Brohoof 1

Discord doesn't need magic to be Discord.  He's a puppet master first and foremost.  In Return of Harmony he relied heavily on magic and illusion to make a show of what he was doing, but his riddles and mind games were the real core of his strategy.  Similarly, in S4 he relies on careful omissions of truth to get what he wants.  Even when found out and confronted with this, his defense is simple, yet elegant: Twilight succeeded, and learned a valuable lesson along the way; who is one Draconequus to deprive her of that?

(Touchy subject for this guy)

He isn't actively trying to do bad, but he certainly doesn't try and help out. He's more of a neutral character. He has good and bad moments now. And I love him that way!

True. I guess the Discord/ Professor Snape Theory is true :3

Yes, he is now boring than ever.

Few past seasons, he is awesome with mastermind plans and now a clown servant.

He becomes too repetitive for me to hate.

I love the episodes for the flash backs but i lost the interests soon because there was no specific villain.

What made the show great because of villains now the studio ruined it by putting some spiky plants out of nowhere with no much of consciousness or direct evil masterplans.

Plain soap drama episodes!

His personality hasn't changed, and I love it. I was hoping he wouldn't be a goody-two shoes and make everything too easy. I like what the writers did to him. He's still his old self, just as humorous as before, but now he doesn't abuse his power to create his own chaos (Or at least when nobody is looking xP).

• Brohoof 3

Please note that this post contains spoilers for the season 4 opening.

I believe that Discord has indeed changed for the better, but he still has a lot of growing to do. His current nature is similar to that of Princess Luna's in the episode Luna Eclipsed from season two that was her first appearance since being changed back to good at the beginning of the show. However, Discord has much more development to do at this stage than Luna had to do. Luna just needed advice on how to fit in after being gone for 1,000 years - Discord is still pretty mean. 

However, regardless of Discord's rude behavior, I do believe that he has changed for the better. He had plenty of opportunities throughout the events of the two episodes - particularly at the end - to cause harm and destruction, but he, for the most part, did not do so.

• Brohoof 5

Hard to speculate. Even if he has, he still enjoys chaos and confusion which he still seems to like to cause. Of course that is his personality, and I doubt he will ever completely be "reformed." Once a troll, always a troll I guess.I know some people don't like reformed Discord, but I have mixed feeling about him. He could make a great ally, but at the same time he could be a lot better villian. Either way I like him, he's still my favorite "dark" character. I just think he's hilarious.

• Brohoof 1

Hard to speculate. Even if he has, he still enjoys chaos and confusion which he still seems to like to cause. Of course that is his personality, and I doubt he will ever completely be "reformed." Once a troll, always a troll I guess.I know some people don't like reformed Discord, but I have mixed feeling about him. He could make a great ally, but at the same time he could be a lot better villian. Either way I like him, he's still my favorite "dark" character. I just think he's hilarious.

Please note that this post contains spoilers for the season 4 opening.

I believe that Discord has indeed changed for the better, but he still has a lot of growing to do. His current nature is similar to that of Princess Luna's in the episode Luna Eclipsed from season two that was her first appearance since being changed back to good at the beginning of the show. However, Discord has much more development to do at this stage than Luna had to do. Luna just needed advice on how to fit in after being gone for 1,000 years - Discord is still pretty mean. 

However, regardless of Discord's rude behavior, I do believe that he has changed for the better. He had plenty of opportunities throughout the events of the two episodes - particularly at the end - to cause harm and destruction, but he, for the most part, did not do so.

I agree with both of these Statements.

@Self

Now that I think about it, actaully more like Lucius AFTER  his Imprisiment

Edited by ~Tian_Disharmony~
  • Brohoof 1

i get the feeling that hes going to be more of a secondary character, or at least reoccurring, hes been let out and since there are no more elements, he cant be sent back where ever he was at the beginning (the phantom zone i suppose) not to mention his appearance in the intro, i think its cool, and i am also willing the bet that the reason his importance was increased was because of us, we made him a regular in the show

i get the feeling that hes going to be more of a secondary character, or at least reoccurring, hes been let out and since there are no more elements, he cant be sent back where ever he was at the beginning (the phantom zone i suppose) not to mention his appearance in the intro, i think its cool, and i am also willing the bet that the reason his importance was increased was because of us, we made him a regular in the show

Your saying he's a Prisoner or do you mean   He's a background non-pony tongue.pngtongue.png

Your saying he's a Prisoner or do you mean   He's a background non-pony tongue.pngtongue.png

lol hes not quite background status, hes probably in the tier of Celestia and Luna, secondary characters that appear every now and then, though we may see more discord since it appears he live in ponyvill now

Well, yes and no. I mean he has changed to the fact that he no longer is out to takeover the world.

However he still messes with the ponies, and still has the wonderful humor that i love to his character.

So really since the alternative is that he just would no longer showup, i'd say that he has changed for the better. His overall personality really hasn't changed though, just his intentions are no longer worldwide takeover. 

He does still cause a bit of random small trouble, but nothing compared to season 2.

I think Discord was handled incredibly well in the premiere though I was actually surprised to see him this early in the season. :P What a great thing though. The premiere quelled many fears I think and answered many questions and this was one of them. Discord is still an over the top, funny prankster but he does care about Fluttershy and is willing to not be completely evil and show some restraint for his friendship. That is awesome and it also showed that 'reformed' Discord is just as loveable and fun as the 'evil' Discord. I love that. I never liked considering Discord as 'evil' despite some evil intentions. He is just immensely carefree to the point of insanity.

So has he changed? In some ways yes, in others no. The ways in which he has changed, are by far for the better in my opinion. :)

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 6

I think Discord was handled incredibly well in the premiere though I was actually surprised to see him this early in the season. tongue.png What a great thing though. The premiere quelled many fears I think and answered many questions and this was one of them. Discord is still an over the top, funny prankster but he does care about Fluttershy and is willing to not be completely evil and show some restraint for his friendship. That is awesome and it also showed that 'reformed' Discord is just as loveable and fun as the 'evil' Discord. I love that. I never liked considering Discord as 'evil' despite some evil intentions. He is just immensely carefree to the point of insanity.

So has he changed? In some ways yes, in others no.

Agree with this..

Brohoof.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OoD (Out of Discussion):

If interesting on asking My OC anything here:http://mlpforums.com/topic/77787-ask-tian-disharmony/

Edited by ~Tian_Disharmony~
  • Brohoof 1

We don't know. We might never know.

We haven't really seen how he was before.

We could have a chance to know him better, if "Keep calm and flatter on" had been a two-parter.

They could and should then show the path of Discord's "reformation". And so we could know how deep and genuine his reformation had been.

And how is he now? Who knows. I don't even understand, why he provoked Twilight to return to her friends.

I think Discord was handled incredibly well in the premiere though I was actually surprised to see him this early in the season. tongue.png What a great thing though. The premiere quelled many fears I think and answered many questions and this was one of them. Discord is still an over the top, funny prankster but he does care about Fluttershy and is willing to not be completely evil and show some restraint for his friendship. That is awesome and it also showed that 'reformed' Discord is just as loveable and fun as the 'evil' Discord. I love that. I never liked considering Discord as 'evil' despite some evil intentions. He is just immensely carefree to the point of insanity.

So has he changed? In some ways yes, in others no. The ways in which he has changed, are by far for the better in my opinion. smile.png

You have expressed my thoughts concisely. /)

I don't think the writers even know what they're doing with him now. Maybe they'll surprise me later but, his role in today's episode felt so phoned in and unneeded and the episode would have been so much better with out him and if they had a different origin to the roots. He's basically the only bad part of today's episode in my opinion and he was one of my favorite characters ever when he first appeared in Return of Harmony.

Edited by Grumpy Enchantress