S04:E03 - Castle Mane-ia  

393 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it.
    • Meh, it was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

This scene :

is just amazing, my favorite moment of the show.

The episode is decent, but this scene is amazing, I love the music, the ambiance, how they walk while wondering who it can be... :wub:

Edited by BlobuIle
  • Brohoof 2

This scene :

is just amazing, my favorite moment of the show.

The episode is decent, but this scene is amazing, I love the music, the ambiance, how they walk while wondering who it can be... :wub:

I love this scene too!  XD  I'm surprised Twilight was able to carry all of them.  Guess it was just comic relief.  xD

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

While watching the episode I was like, "where did pinkie go? She would be most likely to skip into the castle. And she likes pulling pranks with raonbowdash so where is she?" So when a pony started playing the organ, it was super obvious it was pinkie.

• 3 months later...

I really liked the episode! Especially the part with the organ. I always loved organ music. Especially Beethoven's Toccata del Fugue in D Minor for the Grand Pipe Organ. ..... did I spell the piece right? :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found this to be a pretty funny episode. But it was also a clichéd episode. There's always the guy on the organ, doing the bad things. However, the lesson, there's a simple, reasonable explanation for everything, is one that all scientists should keep at heart.

But it was also a clichéd episode.

Clichés aren't always a bad thing.

You do know the whole point of the episode was to use as many of the haunted house / scooby doo clichés as they could, right?

It was just supposed to be a fun romp through an old castle, which they delivered. They consciously included the clichés to add more silliness.

Clichés aren't always a bad thing.

You do know the whole point of the episode was to use as many of the haunted house / scooby doo clichés as they could, right?

It was just supposed to be a fun romp through an old castle, which they delivered. They consciously included the clichés to add more silliness.

I know, but they could have done it in Season 1 when they were getting all the clichéd things out of the way.

I know, but they could have done it in Season 1 when they were getting all the clichéd things out of the way.

I don't think it matters if an episode is in the season 1 or 4. To me it would be the same.

Yeah, there's nothing to "get out of the way" if there's nothing wrong with what they're doing.
If you ask me, this episode wouldn't have even worked in season 1. The animation is far superior now, which added to the visual aspect.

And it sounds like you think there are no clichés anymore?
Have you even SEEN Trade Ya? :P

Edited by Luffyiscool
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, there's nothing to "get out of the way" if there's nothing wrong with what they're doing.

If you ask me, this episode wouldn't have even worked in season 1. The animation is far superior now, which added to the visual aspect.

I agree with Luffy, the animation now is far superior, for a person like me, who watched the four seasons at the same week, it is pretty easy to notice this

Also, this was one of my favorite episodes of the season: Spooky castle with everypony scarring everypony else without realizing? There's a Scooby Doo feeling to this that I simply love to the bone.

PLUS: we have this amazing scene <3

488230__safe_solo_pinkie%2Bpie_animated_

I agree with Luffy, the animation now is far superior, for a person like me, who watched the four seasons at the same week, it is pretty easy to notice this

Wow, that's an epic marathon.

Kudos to you for your commitment! The show must've truly hooked you in :D

• Brohoof 2

In my opinion, this episode is a near perfect representation of your average mlp episode. All the characters have equal screentime, pinkie is crazy, rainbow and applejack are competing, twilight is loving books and taking occasional charge, spike is getting things dropped on him, rarity is being dramatic and fluttershy is scared.

When I want to introduce somebody to the show, I send them this episode and hope they like it. Its great :P

who watched the four seasons at the same week

I watched all 4 seasons in 2 days
I didn't sleep at all for those 2 days because I was too busy watching

I had pony voices in my head :muffins:   

Edited by Hazukashii Flux
  • Brohoof 1

I watched all 4 seasons in 2 days

I didn't sleep at all for those 2 days because I was too busy watching

I had pony voices in my head :muffins:   

If My Little Pony creators were to read this, probably their reaction would be: You're the real MVP xD

No, serious, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who started watching the series just now xD

Edited by Caleb Rosengard
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Let's face it. RD and AJ and AJ and Rarity pairings are just the best.

Rainbow and AJ were hilarious. The duo of them together is just too funny!!!! They both compete and tie (unless Rainbow cheats) and it happens every time, it's just too funny!!!!

I love this episode. It does have Scooby Doo feel, but not overdone where it screams Scooby Doo.

And Pinkie at the end.... Ahahahah that's classic, that never gets old :)

• 3 months later...

I really liked this episode! It was really cool with all the traps n stuff. so far they've been leaving cliff hangers and the end of alot of episodes so far. But this episode pinkie was the one activating some of the traps down in the basement which i thought was pretty cool

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

no i am not sure if this was discussed earlier in this thread but i think that when pinkie pie was showing the results of the earlier dares the images on the could have represented earlier dares

• 2 months later...

I liked it, I liked seeing everyponies overreaction to things, it was quite enjoyable :P