Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Evil Discord or Reformed Discord

Mywas

What Version of Discord do you like better  

39 users have voted

1. 1. .

• Evil Discord
    • Reformed Discord

Which Version of Discord do you like the best.

The reformed one or the evil one?

I personally Think Evil Discord is slightly cooler, why? Because I like Evil, I am a loser I know.

• Brohoof 1

I like reformed Discord because it allows him to have more personal interaction with the ponies and there isn't a big chance they'll have to fight him again if he's good. The new Discord is always definitely up to his antics. Just on a much smaller scale than world takeover

Edited by ~Sadistic Luna~
  • Brohoof 1

Reformed Discord is still "evil" in his own way. He's not against the ponies now, but he still loves pulling tricks and trolling them, which he always did even when he was evil. For me, the only difference between the two's that Evil Discord's biggest intention was to destroy all Equestria and make it his own.

• Brohoof 1

My dear boy I thought you mean evil discord fighting a good discord,

like their personality split.

I'd like that.  I'd like that alot.  The fun has been doubled!

and i consider the new discord evil so i can't vote.

Edited by FNGRpony

I like him as he currently is.  I think the way he currently is the writers can do more with him.  If he were to remain the villain then the main thing with his every appearance would be stopping him and him opposing them, or not thinking they can do anything against him.

I guess reformed Discord is a little more tame but other than that, I don't see a huge difference between "evil" Discord and reformed Discord. Still, Discord was more interesting when he was "evil", so I'll go with evil.

• Brohoof 1

I don't see the difference between the evil Discord and the reformed Discord, because he is still Chaotic neutral. He still causes chaos while no one is looking, while he is still neutral/reformed and he still trolls the Mane 6 since he needs to find his own fun somehow without having to go against them.

• Brohoof 3

As interesting and entertaining as evil Discord was, "reformed" Discord provides many interesting options for the writers to work with (and simultaneously, becoming more like his ST:TNG counterpart). But more than that, Discord also provides the show with it's (arguably) first canon gray character.

That's actually a pretty big deal if you think about it. While Luna may have had some somewhat darker characteristics, up until the premiere we've never really seen that side of her. Same with Discord; when he was reformed, many people expected him to turn (completely) good, yet in the premiere, he seems to be leaning towards what many people call "chaotic neutral". Kid's shows, like MLP, tend to stay away from these types of characters, because they've been a taboo in cartoons for a very long time.

The fact that they're starting to experiment with this, as well as elements such as story-arcs and connecting episodes (which we saw a preview of last season), makes me think that Hasbro has given the writers more leash to do things they wouldn't necessarily have agreed to before. This, to me, is a good thing.

Anyways, long story short, I view "reformed" Discord as a definite step in the right direction, and I think it represents the fact that this season may be a bit different than what we've seen before. Hopefully in a good way.

• Brohoof 2

It depends. I like reformed discord for being able to show up more and interact more, however discord as evil is slightly very slightly more entertaining to me.

But really both are awesome I think.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe its just me and my own warped sense of the world but I've never considered Discord good nor evil. I try to look at things from a broader perspective then just one side of that coin.

Discord is just that, and cannot be placed into an organized category no matter how hard you try.

So technicly he is both... and neither... such is the way of discord.

So there's been no real change for me. I like him all the same

Edited by Argumedies