Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Snips and Snails in Season 4

lighting flash

So I saw the new intro for Season 4 of MLP. And I saw discord (WIN) and a few others included in the new theme. Including Snips and Snails. I never really liked they're characters but I could stand them. But with the new intro, do you think they will be more involved? And if so, how would they (or how you think they) will be worked in the new season?

• Brohoof 1

I would say they will play a role in an episode or two, that's for sure!
Come to think of it, they may be less likable characters, but think about how they seem to get involved with the rising action, or the climax of an episode where they are most necessary! Admit it, without these two boneheads, we wouldn't have a Boast Busters episode, now would we?

I say they were most unneeded for Equestria Girls on a few levels, but a character is a character. ^_^

Edited by Kitteh O' Shy
  • Brohoof 1

Meh, i don't like them a ton, but they don't exactly annoy me.

I don't know if they're really going to have any bigger roles though, probably just there because.

• Brohoof 1

All together, the scene "And magic makes it all complete" has:

The mane 6

The CMC

Zecora

Snips and Snails

Mr. And Mrs. Cake

Mayor Mare

Big Mac and Granny Smith

Photo Finish

I thought that those ponies were probably the "most important" ponies (not counting Celestia and Luna of course), which made me think that maybe those listed would have more major roles in S4.

• Brohoof 3

Honestly, I hope that they don't because I find them really annoying.

But, I think that will for any future Cutie Mark Crusader episodes that they have this Season-if for no other reason than to have two designated 'boy' characters in Miss Cheerilee's class (I'm not sure if Rumble is in it or not) and possible comic relief what could be an episode that's only about colts and fillies with no adults.

• Brohoof 1

All together, the scene "And magic makes it all complete" has:

The mane 6

The CMC

Zecora

Snips and Snails

Mr. And Mrs. Cake

Mayor Mare

Big Mac and Granny Smith

Photo Finish

I thought that those ponies were probably the "most important" ponies (not counting Celestia and Luna of course), which made me think that maybe those listed would have more major roles in S4.

well if i may lend some optimism sure their in the intro,

but does anyone think we'll see photo finish again?

I kinda don't.  She might been in the intro as a gag on her talent,

but i'm not sure what they'll do with her.

so maybe snips and snails will get demoted to back ground pony.

which in truth is already to good.

Way to Good and insulting to back ground ponies.

• Brohoof 1

They are always at the recieving ends of the antagonists..so maybe a change of roles where they are not the bumbling sidekicks is a refreshing change, but i guess it won't make them any less annoying though.

Edited by Renon Strike
  • Brohoof 1

Perhaps Snips and Sails will get a episode to themselves :P I don't like them very much but they are interesting characters and it would be cool to see a episode on them. I mean all in all I would like to see all the background characters get more attention :D

*throws a shoe*

I'm gonna give you 30 seconds to edit remove that suggestion.

this is normally were i laugh, you laugh, 

the dog laughs,

but secretly i die inside a little, 

no.. no. no no. no. no.

snips and snails get their own episode....

let me count the waves of things i'd rather put up with.

flutter shy goes away, and is replaced by bon bon. for a whole episode.  I'd put up with that because we might get more lyra.

Sombre is brought back reformed off screen, and he's all happy, magical and rainbows.

AGAIn i would put up with this because i'd be expecting the shoe to drop, and see it's a put on.  

Dr hooves gets an episode and his assitant is colgate.  we see derpy in the back ground crying.

we get an episode where colgate ends up being pinkie pies foil.  the dentist vs sugar cube corner.

diamond tira and silver spoons become good guys because some spell takes away their bitchyness for one whole episode (like shego in kim possible that one time).

i mean anything but snips and snials getting their own episode.... gah.... i feel ill.  gonna lay in bed and cry now.

*throws a shoe*

I'm gonna give you 30 seconds to edit remove that suggestion.

this is normally were i laugh, you laugh, 

the dog laughs,

but secretly i die inside a little, 

no.. no. no no. no. no.

snips and snails get their own episode....

let me count the waves of things i'd rather put up with.

flutter shy goes away, and is replaced by bon bon. for a whole episode.  I'd put up with that because we might get more lyra.

Sombre is brought back reformed off screen, and he's all happy, magical and rainbows.

AGAIn i would put up with this because i'd be expecting the shoe to drop, and see it's a put on.  

Dr hooves gets an episode and his assitant is colgate.  we see derpy in the back ground crying.

we get an episode where colgate ends up being pinkie pies foil.  the dentist vs sugar cube corner.

diamond tira and silver spoons become good guys because some spell takes away their bitchyness for one whole episode (like shego in kim possible that one time).

i mean anything but snips and snials getting their own episode.... gah.... i feel ill.  gonna lay in bed and cry now.

Hey It's good to try new things ^_^ I wasn't crazy about EG but it turned out amazing. Sometimes you just gotta give it a chance. 

Hey It's good to try new things ^_^ I wasn't crazy about EG but it turned out amazing. Sometimes you just gotta give it a chance. 

hay,

i'm am not a staunt pony conservtive.

I'm all for back ground ponies getting air time.

i'm okay with shipping (but don't need it)

and do you know why?

Cause i can point at snips and snails and say 

"if they have time for snips and snails to be on air why can't we have derpy, time turner, or who ever else talk."

yes i will put up with snips and snails if i get some trixie.

snips and snails as the focus.... ... i've seen the comic where snips has that joke about the scirrors and okay that was kinda fun.

but it was what two panels?

A whole episode?

I hope there is more of them, yes go ahead eat me. Serve me at 190 degrees

okay,

why do you hope their's more of them.  ^^.

let me induldge you.

• Brohoof 1

hay,

i'm am not a staunt pony conservtive.

I'm all for back ground ponies getting air time.

i'm okay with shipping (but don't need it)

and do you know why?

Cause i can point at snips and snails and say 

"if they have time for snips and snails to be on air why can't we have derpy, time turner, or who ever else talk."

yes i will put up with snips and snails if i get some trixie.

snips and snails as the focus.... ... i've seen the comic where snips has that joke about the scirrors and okay that was kinda fun.

but it was what two panels?

A whole episode?

Sure why not? Maybe Hasbro can pull it off. They've done some pretty amazing things so far *shrugs* I'm just saying maybe ^_^ You do have a point and I feel it might be challenging but it would be interesting to watch  

Once I call them the "Those two guys" or "The fat one and thin one" instead of Bulk and Skull, my arguments against their potential likability fall apart.  gwxj, I have this idea in my head that Bulk and Skull were on the show for so long, they developed into interesting characters after I stopped accidentally leaving that channel running.

Snips and Snails have to grow some brains and show that their destiny is something more than hanging out in the background as a team, even if they both have talents that allow them to work together.  (I think they could both work in the royal hedge maze.)  IIRC, Laurel and Hardy eventually developed annoyances to the point of not talking to each other off-camera.

Once I call them the "Those two guys" or "The fat one and thin one" instead of Bulk and Skull, my arguments against their potential likability fall apart.  gwxj, I have this idea in my head that Bulk and Skull were on the show for so long, they developed into interesting characters after I stopped accidentally leaving that channel running.

Snips and Snails have to grow some brains and show that their destiny is something more than hanging out in the background as a team, even if they both have talents that allow them to work together.  (I think they could both work in the royal hedge maze.)  IIRC, Laurel and Hardy eventually developed annoyances to the point of not talking to each other off-camera.

that's an insult to laura and hardie.

look I'm even fine with the writes giving flash sentry a second chance.  because well, he got one chance, and he really didn't do anything.  he was just sorta there.

but snips and snails have been here, doing things, none of which have been all that good lol. 

even from a bad perspective.  (hi)

they've been around long enough and serve no purpose other than,

well i don't even know? 

Here let me play it this way,

hay rairty fans who would you feel if those two jerks got saddeled up with  rarity for an episode as fans?

they'd be horribly offended.

Horribly offended.

because the implication the show would be drawing a line from snips and snails and the rarity faithful.

and no one would wanna be like those two.

that's an insult to laura and hardie.

look I'm even fine with the writes giving flash sentry a second chance.  because well, he got one chance, and he really didn't do anything.  he was just sorta there.

but snips and snails have been here, doing things, none of which have been all that good lol. 

even from a bad perspective.  (hi)

they've been around long enough and serve no purpose other than,

well i don't even know? 

Here let me play it this way,

hay rairty fans who would you feel if those two jerks got saddeled up with  rarity for an episode as fans?

they'd be horribly offended.

Horribly offended.

because the implication the show would be drawing a line from snips and snails and the rarity faithful.

and no one would wanna be like those two.

Sorry, most of my Laurel & Hardy knowledge is that they were worthy of multiple cameo, and the half-remembered detail from somewhere.  Digesting into tropes may be not-automatically bad, but results in bad often enough.

I'm a Rarity fan... There are actually a few scenarios that might work, most of them end with Rarity saying that they are not what she is looking for.

Maybe we are, we don't know.

It's my suspension of disbelief.  or rather my wishful thinking.

snips and snails are likely coming back if i was a gambling man.  (I am).  Unless the writing staff is heading in a new direction.

which it kinda feels like they are.