Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Snips and Snails in Season 4

lighting flash

It's my suspension of disbelief.  or rather my wishful thinking.

snips and snails are likely coming back if i was a gambling man.  (I am).  Unless the writing staff is heading in a new direction.

which it kinda feels like they are.

In a new direction? Maybe but, it's a suspension of disbelief if we don't see it coming.

In a new direction? Maybe but, it's a suspension of disbelief if we don't see it coming.

well the writers have been kinda pandering supposedly lately, and I've been fine with it.

i mean if they are we can't going to get snips and snails cause i think most fans, (Yes I can say that and feel confident) don't really ask for them.

I don't really care much for those two... I honestly can't see why they would be included in the intro. I mean, they're not really that connected to the Mane Six. The hardly appear in episodes either.

• Brohoof 2

I think they're just there because Snips and Snails are mainly considered as secondary characters as they appear as characters in some episodes. Some other ponies I can remember in the intro are Mrs Cake, Mr Cake, Big Macintosh, Granny Smith and some other ponies. They're secondary as well which most likely brings to the fact (excludng the CMC and Mane Six) that the pair are most likely there for secondary character reasons.

In my opinion I really dislike the two and I think they're complete morons.

Edited by Cherry Changa
  • Brohoof 1

well the writers have been kinda pandering supposedly lately, and I've been fine with it.

i mean if they are we can't going to get snips and snails cause i think most fans, (Yes I can say that and feel confident) don't really ask for them.

They are secondary characters after all, they make appearances in most of the episodes that I've seen because they're in the background.

They'll probably show up somewhere sooner or later. Though, I don't think they will have a major episode, and I think they will just be side characters as usual. I never really hated them, but I don't really like them either. So, if they were to get an episode; I guess I wouldn't really mind. Who knows; it may even show them in a better light, and I may start liking them.

FreshPrince-Nooooo.gif

Like just about everypony else, I hate Snips and Snails.  They are annoying idiots.  The only episode in which they worked well (purely in a literary sense) was Ponyville Confidential.  They were using their stupidity to get attention, and when the story was no longer interesting, they were properly ignored.  They fit well within the context of that episode and it's the only time I can't complain about their inclusion.

• Brohoof 3

I don't really care much for those two... I honestly can't see why they would be included in the intro. I mean, they're not really that connected to the Mane Six. The hardly appear in episodes either.

What about mayor Mare though?

Snips and Snails have to grow some brains and show that their destiny is something more than hanging out in the background as a team, even if they both have talents that allow them to work together.  (I think they could both work in the royal hedge maze.)  IIRC, Laurel and Hardy eventually developed annoyances to the point of not talking to each other off-camera.

I could see the idea of Snips & Snails having relatively more prominent roles sorta work but in a limited fashion. One of their defining traits being they're a team which could be put to work in more interesting ways.

Personally, I think those two have some potential and I'm confident enough in that the writers know what they're doing if they do decide to push those two (a bit) further at the forefront. Who knows, they may end up like a kind of CMC but for other stuff.

As it stands, I don't have anything against them and I don't find them annoying. Sure, they're dimwits but come on, if everypony were smart and wise, there wouldn't be much potential for conflict and character growth now, would there? XP

What about mayor Mare though?

I could see the idea of Snips & Snails having relatively more prominent roles sorta work but in a limited fashion. One of their defining traits being they're a team which could be put to work in more interesting ways.

Personally, I think those two have some potential and I'm confident enough in that the writers know what they're doing if they do decide to push those two (a bit) further at the forefront. Who knows, they may end up like a kind of CMC but for other stuff.

As it stands, I don't have anything against them and I don't find them annoying. Sure, they're dimwits but come on, if everypony were smart and wise, there wouldn't be much potential for conflict and character growth now, would there? XP

i don't think you had to include "limited fashion." LOL.  dear God could you imagine them getting the main focus?

for... a scene of an episode?  not a whole episode.. but for a 7 min. block.

like snips talking with snails and the audience being forced to pear into the void.

.....i think i hurt myself.

When I saw them in the new Group Pic, I thought "They're giving those idiots a bigger role?!? :o"

Everyone else has shown up a lot, made themselves useful, or has potential (it would be nice if the Mayor was more helpful).

These two?

...what...the...buck? :okiedokielokie:

Their spot couldn't have gone to someone more worthy like Cheerilee, Wonderbolts members, Discord, Shining Armor & Cadence, Diamond Tiara & Silver Spoon, or someone else more worthy?!?

Heck, trying give them bigger roles almost sounds like even worse shark bait than Twilicorn!  :blink:

When I saw them in the new Group Pic, I thought "They're giving those idiots a bigger role?!? :o"

Everyone else has shown up a lot, made themselves useful, or has potential (it would be nice if the Mayor was more helpful).

These two?

...what...the...buck? :okiedokielokie:

Their spot couldn't have gone to someone more worthy like Cheerilee, Wonderbolts members, Discord, Shining Armor & Cadence, Diamond Tiara & Silver Spoon, or someone else more worthy?!?

Heck, trying give them bigger roles almost sounds like even worse shark bait than Twilicorn!  :blink:

well they were kinda funny,

kinda. sorta,

maybe funny in episode 5.  it's like they admited they sucked.  but that was an awesome episode.  

Under no circum stance did we need more of them, than was there lol.