Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Dash is Loaded with Cash

Carbon Maestro

Nah, AJ and the apples are always on the edge of ruin because they are terrible at economy and business.

Nah, all apple family members probably bank it all else where. Especially how they are quite happy to destroy barns and build anew than just repair them. 

I beat she get's all her money from her wealthy dad Rainbow Strike.

I thought of the same thing, but she also probably makes good money from weather stuffs too :3

Or maybe from Celestia whenever they fend off stuff with the elements, Dash's pretty much the one who asks for money.

• Brohoof 1

Something tells me money in Equestria does not work the same way as money IRL.  Obviously they have to pay taxes (a pony said that in the "Ticket Master")   Despite that, it seems like money sparks greed in ponies (exclude Filthy Rich's family and the Flim Flam Bros.)...I mean, there are ponies who are greedy, but it seems like an uncommon trait in Equestria.  In Canterlot, it does not seem to be how lavish your home it, but more of how you carry yourself in the social sphere.  Perfect example, Twilight Sparkle was Princess Celestia's student, yet it's been shown over and over, she's nothing in the eyes of the canterlot elite.  The Mane 6 have saved Equestria multiple times and the citizans know this, yet, they are the "same as everyone else"......All this can also tie into how ponies will treat Princess Twilight Sparkle as Season 4 rolls along.  If she stays on par with ponies the way she was prior to princesshood, I can honestly not see much changing (unless sh** hits the fan like the season opener)...If she carries herself AS royalty, then she would be elevated in status no matter where she went....Back to RD, she's been shown to have a lavish home, I mean come on, her home is HUGE, yet she's the only one there....thinking further into this, she must be a clean freak....her home is beautiful and CLEAN....never thought I'd see RD and tidiness go much together....With her personality, I'd think she's best suited for "organized chaos"..... :huh:125350%2B-%2Banimated%2Bbed%2Bbedroom%2B

Edited by Treble Bolt

I think this isn't the first time we've seen Rainbow's house. 

img-2096466-1-Rainbow_Dash_home_s1e25.pn

img-2096466-2-125350%20-%20animated%20be

If Rainbow's rich than I better start thinking of a plan to steal some of her bits.

After seeing the top picture and comparing the door with the one I originally posted:

tumblr_mxky9kBnWb1r8y0avo1_500.png

I think it's safe to assume that this is more likely to be the wonderbolt's academy than RD's house. The door on her house in S1E5 is clearly smaller than what's shown in S4E4. That or the artists weren't really thinking about size too much. Still it looks cool nonetheless.

Wow, Dash is rich! I think it is her house, because when you look at her house, it's obvious there's some sort of circular staircase, due to how it's shaped and all. And, in the picture where she gets the book, there's a circular staircase. Plus the windows match up :P

So the episode "Daring Don't" in the end has the mailpony giving RD her book at her address. . . and to be honest the place is pretty damn spacious (And what a nice house).

This could actually be a Wonderbolts barracks/dorm which makes more sense considering how nice the dorms sometimes are in universities. But do you think it's her house considering that she opened the door for the mailpony, or does she really live alone in that pimped up mansion?

Rainbow Dash could be living in some sort of communal housing.  As for why she opens the door for the mailpony, she might be one of the few ponies that happen to be there in the middle of the day.  She's constantly seen napping, and she might have decided to do it at home for once.  (What is with her sleep schedule?)

It could be her house given her weather management position.

But, I'm not ruling out her parents owning it either since the Mane Six seem to be around their mid to late teens, so it would make since for her to live with them.

(Unless the Pony equivalent of being able to live on your own is at an earlier age than ours.)

Plus, the Apples live with Granny Smith who could possibly own the farm, Pinkie lives at Sugarcube Corner with her employers/surrogate family The Cakes, and we've seen Rarity and Sweetie Belle's parents who could live with them, but are never shown for some reason.

Damnnnn Dashie you rich :o seriously, wow. Her cloud house is amazing, and it is kind of surprising that a weather patrol job would pay so much. Maybe she inherited the money? Meh, I try not to overanalyze how she's able to live in such a nice house :P

• Brohoof 1

Considering that market values are so poorly defined in the show, it may just be the Rainbow's house is a common cheap standard pegasus variety home, especially if a large chunk of it is made from cloud material. Also bigger doesn't necessarily mean better or more expensive. In the West Coast where I'm from or places like Texas, houses with large amounts of space and land are often cheap and equally as affordable if not cheaper than houses in places like New York with far less land. Its also possible that Rainbow hired some cheap labor to help build her house greatly reducing her costs overall.

Clouds, of the habitable variety, also seem excessively abundant in Equestria and also unlike regular land or water, don't take up as much space, which can easily factor into them being cheaper to live in.

Of course regardless, she does have the Weather Duty Captain job to make a sizable decent income and also:

640px-Rainbow_Dash_holding_Daring_Do_boo

I don't know if Equestria has any copyright and patent laws but if I were Rainbow, I might try and negotiate with Daring Do for a publishing contract to get royalties off that latest book. I mean Daring Do and her publisher are making money off of Rainbow's likeness, name, and personal experience and info. Unless this is like the Seinfeld lawsuit where it was just a coincidental similarity to someone who looked like George Costanza, Rainbow could well get a lot of money off of the book. Her likeness is being used and there's a good chance the descriptions of her in that book closely match her own. I understand that Daring Do was probably being partly nice including rainbow in her latest book, but unauthorized use of someone's name and likeness is still unauthorized. Didn't we learn that yet from Ponyville Confidential?

Bottom line, if she wasn't already, Rainbow should be swimming in cash by now.

It could be her house given her weather management position.

But, I'm not ruling out her parents owning it either since the Mane Six seem to be around their mid to late teens, so it would make since for her to live with them.

(Unless the Pony equivalent of being able to live on your own is at an earlier age than ours.)

Plus, the Apples live with Granny Smith who could possibly own the farm, Pinkie lives at Sugarcube Corner with her employers/surrogate family The Cakes, and we've seen Rarity and Sweetie Belle's parents who could live with them, but are never shown for some reason.

Rarity's house is her own. Rarity's parents have their own house as seen in One Bad Apple. When the CMC get kicked out of their clubhouse, they head over to Sweetie Bell's Parents house, you can see her dad fishing outside.

There is the possibility that the cloud structure is actually a pegasis-equivalent apartment building, not just her house. Yeah, I'm not sure I'm able to convincing myself of that, actually.

What's that supposed to mean? Are you saying that rich people are all arrogant?

it is one of the last safe  stereo types you can make fun of with out getting an out cry from the left.

Yes most people think poorly of other people with alot money.

yes i think the horse shoe fits in this case.  I'm not even gonna sugar coat.  I straight up feel rainbow dash is a terrible pony. (person).

is that because she has money?

well lets imagine rarity with money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZueXYKSJ34

it is one of the last safe  stereo types you can make fun of with out getting an out cry from the left.

Yes most people think poorly of other people with alot money.

yes i think the horse shoe fits in this case.  I'm not even gonna sugar coat.  I straight up feel rainbow dash is a terrible pony. (person).

is that because she has money?

well lets imagine rarity with money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZueXYKSJ34

Well, that's fair enough to think that RD is a terrible, mean character, but it isn't because she's rich! The two aren't codependent. Lots of rich people are very nice, and lots of arrogant jerks are poor as dirt.

Well, that's fair enough to think that RD is a terrible, mean character, but it isn't because she's rich! The two aren't codependent. Lots of rich people are very nice, and lots of arrogant jerks are poor as dirt.

you know, now that you mention it,

imagine if her character had started off as humble and lovable and she blew up into a super jerk after becoming a wonder bolt?

I don't know.

I've had this discussion with friends who said "well pot doesn't make people worse."

"what about phil?"  "...... okay pot doesn't make most people worse." 

I have no idea if money made rainbow worse.

but it might have.  Maybe she had the kind of personality that couldn't handle fame, and fortune.

you know, now that you mention it,

imagine if her character had started off as humble and lovable and she blew up into a super jerk after becoming a wonder bolt?

I don't know.

I've had this discussion with friends who said "well pot doesn't make people worse."

"what about phil?"  "...... okay pot doesn't make most people worse." 

I have no idea if money made rainbow worse.

but it might have.  Maybe she had the kind of personality that couldn't handle fame, and fortune.

I think maybe we're just all way overthinking the whole sitch. I think she's just a caricature because the show needed to fill certain archetypes

1. The fish out of water protagonist (Twi)
  2. The shy one (Fluttershy)
  3. The arrogant/brash one (RD)
  4. The "girly" one (Rarity)
  5. The random one (Pinkie)
  6. The sane voice of reason (AJ)

I doubt it really has to do anything with money, just because of one background design of little consequence. You know what I mean?

• Brohoof 1

I think maybe we're just all way overthinking the whole sitch. I think she's just a caricature because the show needed to fill certain archetypes

1. The fish out of water protagonist (Twi)
  2. The shy one (Fluttershy)
  3. The arrogant/brash one (RD)
  4. The "girly" one (Rarity)
  5. The random one (Pinkie)
  6. The sane voice of reason (AJ)

I doubt it really has to do anything with money, just because of one background design of little consequence. You know what I mean?

1 Book smart and unwordly, but her arch type has changed, as she's become more wordily.

2 I would argued the cute one, but shy and cute have kinda started to slip away in the last two episodes, hopefully it's just a glitch in the machine so to speak.

3You kinda made R.D. sound like a blustering samurai.  Heh i like it.

4 You mean the materiel girl?  (tell me that didn't fit)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts5HLeouZtc

Honestly i think it's awesome.

5 Nuts, chaos, she has so many stichs.

6... the voice of sanity... OOO Bro hoof.  Oh my God I loved that!

Edited by FNGRpony