NavelColt

S04:E05 - Flight to the Finish  

338 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it.
    • Meh, it was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

i've been mad at diamond tiara and silver spoon before.....but this time i'm thoroughly DISGUSTED in them! this is the pony equivalent  of mocking a kid for being handicapped and quite frankly it makes me sick

Edited by ggg-2
  • Brohoof 1

i've been mad at diamond tiara and silver spoon before.....but this time i'm thoroughly DISGUSTED in them! this is the pony equivalent  of mocking a kid for handicapped and quite frankly it makes me sick

You and me both!

P.S. I HATE not being allowed to post less than 20 characters!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now I'm sure I am not the only one to say this (Didn't go reading through 18 pages x.x) but the only thing I disliked about this episode is that Scootaloo DIDN'T get her cutie mark.... At the end of the episode she realizes that she doesn't need to fly to be an awesome pony like she is. She knows that her talent is riding her scooter.. Yet.. No cutie mark...

• 2 weeks later...

I can't say I liked this episode :huh:

I'm not a fan of Scootaloo or RainbowDash by any means so it just kept me from enjoying it.

I always enjoy CMC episodes. It's a full twenty minutes of their short, cute little legs trotting around!

Anyway, I might have liked a bit more sister-sister bonding betweem RD and Scoots, but then again, Rainbow Dash was too busy trying to be professional.

"Hearts as Strong as Horses" was also a very inspiring and funny song.

Favorite part: Anything with Rainbow "Professionalism" Dash

Favorite line: "But how do we stop them? We already called them blank flanks!"

• 3 weeks later...

Decent episode but a little weak for a CMC episode, nothing really new here.

One of my least favorite episodes of the season, but a good point: Rainbow Dash was amazing. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I loved it! I hope that Scootaloo's wings grow, however, that would make her more awesome and unique  if they don't. Then she would be one of a kind and she clearly has enough friends that support her no matter what she can or can't do. It's great to see that kind of friendship. You don't see that much IRL. I've lost a couple of friends because I didn't turn out to be what they expected. It shows you should always be yourself and not worry about what you can't do but just do your best and your true friends will always support you no matter what.

(edited)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this episode might have left Scootaloo's future flying status uncertain.

Is it still unclear as to whether Scootaloo will fly with her wings or not? 

Edited by MalekPony

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this episode might have left Scootaloo's future flying status uncertain.

Is it still unclear as to whether Scootaloo will fly with her wings or not? 

Clearly, I think it's clear that this is unclear.  Scootaloo clearly has an unclear future of flight.  Of this I am certain.

(Have I confused you yet? :))

Clearly, I think it's clear that this is unclear.  Scootaloo clearly has an unclear future of flight.  Of this I am certain.

(Have I confused you yet? :))

Could it mean Scootaloo might be able to fly with her wings later on in the series, or could she remain disabled forever?

Could it mean Scootaloo might be able to fly with her wings later on in the series, or could she remain disabled forever?

It could mean either one of those things.  This is clearly unclear.

(Okay, I'll stop being a smartass now.)  They deliberately left that open. Scootaloo's inability to fly has not been firmly established as a temporary or permanent thing.  This is one of Scootaloo's defining characteristics - not just that she can't fly now, but nobody knows if she ever will.  Nobody knows that she definitely won't, but nobody knows that she will either - time will tell.  As soon as they actually answer that question, though, Scootaloo's character fundamentally changes.

Same thing with the CMC not having their cutie marks: It's basically a given that they'll get them eventually, but nobody knows exactly when, what those marks will be, or what will need to happen for them to appear.  Once the cutie marks DO appear, though, the CMC will be different characters.  And I suspect that in both cases, that fundamental change would effectively bring an end to those characters - if they're going to continue being a part of the show after that, they're going to need brand new material to keep them interesting.

It could mean either one of those things.  This is clearly unclear.

(Okay, I'll stop being a smartass now.)  They deliberately left that open. Scootaloo's inability to fly has not been firmly established as a temporary or permanent thing.  This is one of Scootaloo's defining characteristics - not just that she can't fly now, but nobody knows if she ever will.  Nobody knows that she definitely won't, but nobody knows that she will either - time will tell.  As soon as they actually answer that question, though, Scootaloo's character fundamentally changes.

Same thing with the CMC not having their cutie marks: It's basically a given that they'll get them eventually, but nobody knows exactly when, what those marks will be, or what will need to happen for them to appear.  Once the cutie marks DO appear, though, the CMC will be different characters.  And I suspect that in both cases, that fundamental change would effectively bring an end to those characters - if they're going to continue being a part of the show after that, they're going to need brand new material to keep them interesting.

Either way, Scootaloo's flight future remains a mystery right now.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I really enjoyed this episode. Especially the Hearts Like Horses song. It was so cute!

But I am really frustrated about Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. What is their deal?!

Lets come back down to real life a moment, where you can't enter a classroom or even a slightly big working place without trotting over a Diamond Tiara.

They're like those leeches who feed on undeserved attention: if they're  not on top, they prefer to make those on the top to go down, instead of using their own hard work to escalate to the top, or as close as they can get

They're the gold diggers, the attention w**res, the mean popular girls at high school, the mean secretary who will gossip about anything to make herself looks special and "into it", whatever "it" is.

In resume, they're realistic characters with realistic faults.

Back to the episode: The song made it to me, I even started using a rock version of it as work out song due to its amazingness, thanks, mlp world, for the amazing music

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This episode was really good. The CMC want to carry the flag to the Equestria Games. This is actually the first CMC episode I watched and the first episode that featured the Crystal Empire. My highlight was the song Hearts as Strong as Horses. It was a really uplifting song.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm sure everyone here is anticipating Scootaloo to actually fly in this episode.

I'm the only who hopes she doesn't.

don't be such a silly filly it's the same as the cmc ever getting their cutie marks ie it won't happen however teenage cmc would be CUTE :wub: