Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv The Madoka Magica Thread

duidamasterXD

Like, you'll hate every single part of her from her beautiful eyes to her sexy hair

Come again?
I happen to love her appearance.

The form of darkness you can't help but feel a captivating allure towards.

And yeah. Better not spoil for Rudy. 

What I've heard of it so far tells me it's gonna pull an End of Evangelion and trample all over my feelings. Why do I willingly subject myself to this stuff?

I won't confirm it, neither will I deny this.

It's really, really, really unsettling though. 

• Brohoof 4

Tomorrow marks my beginning of Kazumi Magica, the manga spin-off... apparently it can be even more perpetually fucked up than Madoka Magica at some points, so this should be a joyride~

ALSO, just wanted to point out that Sayaka is in fact best magical girl... took me 3 runs through the series and 2 Rebellion viewings to realize.

I won't confirm it, neither will I deny this.

It's really, really, really unsettling though. 

I think it's a tad more than unsettling, dontcha think?

• Brohoof 4

Tomorrow marks my beginning of Kazumi Magica, the manga spin-off... apparently it can be even more perpetually fucked up than Madoka Magica at some points, so this should be a joyride~

Have fun in hell. Kazumi Magica is way darker than Madoka Magica. 

• Brohoof 2

ALSO, just wanted to point out that Sayaka is in fact best magical girl... took me 3 runs through the series and 2 Rebellion viewings to realize.

Ha! It took me only one viewing to see the truth. :P  

Edited by Rudy Redlin
  • Brohoof 3

That's like... person number ten now? :huh:

And every single one of them hates Homura. ;_;

Ha! It took me only one viewing to see the truth.   

You have been deceived, my boy! The truth is not the truth!

Anyway, I haven't read either Oriko nor Kazumi Magica and have no intent on doing so anytime soon. Manga... just isn't really my thing. 

• Brohoof 1

That's like... person number ten now? :huh:

And every single one of them hates Homura. ;_;

To be honest she's just like a person I may or may not be slightly infatuated with at the moment, so that may shed some light on the situation  :unsure:

Also, I still love Homrua, even after the movie... I don't think she's justified whatsoever, but I can see where she's coming from. She's just taken everything too far and can't take it back, which can happen to anyone, really.

Anyway, I haven't read either Oriko nor Kazumi Magica and have no intent on doing so anytime soon. Manga... just isn't really my thing. 

But it's just like anime bit without moving pictures  :o

>Viewing Rebellion twice

Slow the hell down, Satan. Masochism might be your thing, but, like, kids are on this site too. 

We've already discussed my inherent sadomasochistic tendencies, Tish.

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 4

Hot damn, guys...

I would give anything, even being the only Homu fan in the universe, to have an actual, reasonable discussion that is NOT 4chan about Madoka Magica. I'm so glad this thread got revived and my questionnaire is being answered. This show deserves only the best. This... this... argh. 

To be honest she's just like a person I may or may not be slightly infatuated with at the moment, so that may shed some light on the situation 

Yeahh, I kind of have been girlcrushing on HomuHomu for the past month... DashForever can tell you.  unsure.png It's really kind of like my previous thing with Applejack. I probably have some sort of problem.

• Brohoof 4

We've already discussed my inherent sadomasochistic tendencies, Tish.

Well then

sMgZrkJ.jpg 

Is anyone here going to purchase the blu-ray version of Rebellion? I think it'll have a Japanese release first.

But you might get it for $60 on a theoretical basis

This show deserves only the best. This... this... argh. 

I swear I was the first guy to make it half-known on this site.

And then it started spreading and I am delighted with that. 

• Brohoof 3

Rebellion has its work cut out if it's going to get me to hate Homura. I tend to stubbornly cling to characters after I've become attached to them. Through thick and thin.

Also, can somebody please explain that Shinji-in-a-coffee-cup meme that I've seen going around in certain strange corners of the internet?

• Brohoof 2

Is anyone here going to purchase the blu-ray version of Rebellion? I think it'll have a Japanese release first. But you might get it for $60 on a theoretical basis

Might try to get the soundtrack somewhere or other, and we'll see what'll happen after that. The song from that one fight scene is something I need to be able to listen to over and over and over and... :lol:

I'm deciding on a new avatar that will be... Homu, obviously. : |  

Which one do you guys think fits the best? (Rebellion spoilers on the second.)

http://prntscr.com/2q7ull

http://prntscr.com/2q7uop

http://prntscr.com/2q7v05

http://prntscr.com/2q7v6v

To be honest, I like your current one the most... However, if I had to pick, definitely the second one.

Devil-Homura is damn fine >.>

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 3

I'm deciding on a new avatar that will be... Homu, obviously. : |  

Which one do you guys think fits the best? (Rebellion spoilers on the second.)

http://prntscr.com/2q7ull

http://prntscr.com/2q7uop

http://prntscr.com/2q7v05

http://prntscr.com/2q7v6v

Oh wow, me likey :o

The second one would definitely be a nice choice, but it's kinda spoilery so I'd abstain from using it. I'd go with the third one. Looks nice :)

• Brohoof 1

So I've been rewatching the Walpurgis Night battle and I couldn't help but take special notice of Homura. Her sheer meticulousness in setting up the battlefield, going as far as to predict most of the witch's movements and laying traps accordingly. Her face, which betrays no expression even though you know she's nearing the despair event horizon. That heartrending moment near the end when she's about to give in for the last time. What a girl.

I think...my allegiance may be shifting...

lol I still haven't seen Rebellion

• Brohoof 2

So I've been rewatching the Walpurgis Night battle and I couldn't help but take special notice of Homura. Her sheer meticulousness in setting up the battlefield, going as far as to predict most of the witch's movements and laying traps accordingly. Her face, which betrays no expression even though you know she's nearing the despair event horizon. That heartrending moment near the end when she's about to give in for the last time. What a girl.   I think...my allegiance may be shifting...   lol I still haven't seen Rebellion

I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  

HAVE MY BABIES

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Remember when I said I’d make a big post about Mami a while ago? This is it.

Spoilers for the show and minor ones from the Different Story manga (which y’all should read now if you haven’t)

In case you want something to listen to while you read ;)

Anyhoo, one of the things that comes to mind when thinking of Mami (aside from the metric buckton of head jokes) is her crippling problem with loneliness. It even goes back to her wish, in her panic, pain and confusion she healed herself and let her parents die. And I’m sure that’s probably her biggest regret. I just thought it was interesting that this goes all the way back to the wish she made.

I think it’s also important to recognize that this loneliness is to a degree, completely voluntary. She’s gorgeous and kind, and would certainly have friends at school if she had more time to worry about her social life. She could even work with other magical girls, if not for her insistence on saving everyone and going out of her way to kill familiars that won’t reward her in the least. Mami’s great compassion for others is the cause of her pain, but she willingly endures it because she’s willing to sacrifice her happiness in order to make sure people are safe.

This doesn’t mean that she’s happy the way she is, because she’s plainly putting on a face. She wanted Madoka and Sayaka to become magical girls and her teammates very badly. I’ve wondered if this is why she seems more attached to Kyubey than any of the girls seem to be (aside from the fact that she doesn’t know he’s a manipulative shit :derp: ). Hanging around him is the best way to find new magical girl friends after all.  And when she does meet them, she tries to be as cool as humanly possible, wiping out witches in the most epic ways possible, even going so far as to name her finishing move. She even kind of shows this when she’s fighting the first witch of the show. When she’s having some trouble and getting smacked around a tad, to reassure Madoka and Sayaka, she says “I’m fine :). Wouldn’t want to make myself look uncool in front of my future partners after all.” Which you could just look at as her trying to comfort them, but you could also interpret it as also being another sign of how much she’s paying attention to how she’s making the job of being a magical girl look.

img-2287386-1-tumblr_mzq1ckhZNC1smhol9o1

This isn’t to say that Mami is some kind of awful person who’s trying to manipulate the girls into doing something plainly dangerous, so that she can be happier. She’s quite open about how dangerous and awful being a magical girl can be, and counsels the girls about making sure they know what they’re doing, and to use their wishes wisely. Her attitude is more like “This is crummy and life-threatening work, but someone needs to do it, and if we do it together we’ll be ok :)” Which is why when Madoka comes out and says that the thing she wants most is to be like and be with Mami, she’s completely overjoyed. Madoka saw her as everything she was trying to look like, the cool, perfect, superhero who dedicates herself to helping everyone. She doesn’t have to be alone anymore. And this is also why she lashes out against Homura, who she saw as trying to get in the way of everything finally paying off. And really, if Madoka makes a contract, she gets to be special, Mami gets a friend, and Madoka gets to use her impossible powers to kill witches and keep everyone safe. Would that be so bad?

img-2287386-2-dGrNe1m.png

The problem though, is that Mami’s idealism and heroics can only really exist because she’s ignorant as to how messed up things really are. The one time she finds out that all the monsters she’s been killing have just been fallen magical girls, and that she’s likely going to join them someday, she completely loses it and goes on a rampage. And it’s even a bit understandable. When her parents died, her way of consoling herself was “If I kill witches, I can keep others from having to go through this” When she didn’t build friendships with students at school, and when magical girls rejected her she thought “It’s ok. Me being happy isn’t the most important thing. So long as I keep killing witches, everyone else can be happy.” It was this sense of purpose that was keeping her propped up, so when she found out that it was all built on a lie, I don’t blame her for snapping. Rather, I think it’s more commendable that she had such a selfless attitude and such commitment in the first place. Whether they’ll admit it or not, Madoka, Sayaka, Kyoko and Homura are only who they are today because of Mami. Her attitude continued to be a positive influence even after she was gone, as well.

jq8yPCs.jpg

The fact that it was able to create such a great and interesting character in only three episodes and a flashback that wasn’t even focused on her says a lot about this show. If you’ve made it this far, thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed :)

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 4

Homura is best pone

cmadokatdsa_000b.jpg

This should totes happen

I watched a p nice quality camrip of Rebellion with decent but weird subs that kind of obscured the meaning even more than it already kind of was.  I wasn't sure if the cake song was poorly subbed or if it was actually happening, for example, but I don't think I'd be confident that it actually happened if I watched the official dub even because it's just that weird.  From the descriptions in this thread, I understand it's still kind of a mindfuck even without hard-to-follow subs.  Suffice to say I was thoroughly confused throughout and I still am.

• Brohoof 3

Homura is best pone

Finally, I can build my army of Homus! You're the third after Rudy and me. xD

Spoiler This should totes happen

I think it does. It's the Different Story manga – which I haven't read since manga isn't really my thing. Don't get the first part, though, with the fourth wall breaking Homu was doing. Probably an easter egg on the translator's part.

I watched a p nice quality camrip of Rebellion with decent but weird subs that kind of obscured the meaning even more than it already kind of was.  I wasn't sure if the cake song was poorly subbed or if it was actually happening, for example, but I don't think I'd be confident that it actually happened if I watched the official dub even because it's just that weird.  From the descriptions in this thread, I understand it's still kind of a mindfuck even without hard-to-follow subs.  Suffice to say I was thoroughly confused throughout and I still am.

So am I. I've rewatched some of my favorite parts a bit and understood most of it by now, so if you have any questions, I can answer them for you. It's definitely true that it messes – a lot – with your mind. Here are the effects I've described on the previous page:  

A wise man once said:

There's lots of things it may do. The one and the most frightening prospect is that you will hate Homura's GUTS. Like, you'll hate every single part of her from her beautiful eyes to her sexy hair. Oh, and there's also mild side effects like a heart attack, dizzy mind, weak heart, and all that unimportant stuff.

Watch at your own risk.

Of course, you already watched it, but when you finally unravel all that stuff, it gets even worse. 

• Brohoof 1

Hottiemura Akemi.

New name.

I would definitely buy Rebellion on blu-ray but I have no spending money available.

Thank the lord I was able to catch the damn movie in theaters. Worth it driving through piles of snow on the road.

I think it does. It's the Different Story manga – which I haven't read since manga isn't really my thing. Don't get the first part, though, with the fourth wall breaking Homu was doing. Probably an easter egg on the translator's part.

Have you gone mad? Go read it right now at once.

• Brohoof 2

It's not my favorite anime, and not even my favorite magical girl series, but absolutely wonderful, regardless.

I had a problem with the beginning, is was a little bit corny and had that cheesy girly vibe, but once Homura came in, it really caught my attention. And it got darker and darker... and then I was all like-

"Woa gurl, you best be not becoming them magical girlies!"

The anime ending was... wow. Naked wow, but deep wow.

I'm so glad I watched this anime. 

Besides Homura being my favorite, I really liked Kyoko's sass as she gradually went from being an arrogant killer to generously condescending. 

• Brohoof 2

Alright, time to revive this thing.

Here's the OP post I made in World of Equestria. And here's a topic to discuss: What're your speculations and hopes for a sequel to Rebellion?

2bad, need1

img-2118634-1-yxXMKY8.jpgTotally not copying DashForever's picture here

As a show that I've lately been completely obsessed with taken somewhat of a liking to, I forced at plot point in a status update for all of you to watch it, only to be plot twisted by my own storyline. You guys already have! 

83wq.png

After seeing a lot of growing interest in this series from people I've passive aggressively pestered into watching it around here, it seemed odd that we've never had a thread for discussing the series. This will do nicely, though  :). We can talk about favorite episodes, characters, the movie, anything you like  :).

Since it's a spoiler heavy series, I'd be careful looking through here unless you've gone a decent ways through the anime. People who've finished it might be advised to put anything major in spoilers, especially for the movie since I know plenty of fans haven't seen it yet.

Anyhow, after sterling recommendations from people like Kagami and Twiliscael I finally got into this show last October. I was immediately hooked, if extremely confused, and marathoned all of the episodes over the span of a weekend. The music, characters, animation, all were on an entirely different level than most anything I'd seen before and now it's quite possibly my favorite thing that I've seen  :)

Totally said that. ^

Anyway, discuss anything from the original series to the movie recaps to the big hellhole that's worse than Satan which is ruled by a far sexier beast which may have the following effects:

There's lots of things it may do. The one and the most frightening prospect is that you will hate Homura's GUTS. Like, you'll hate every single part of her from her beautiful eyes to her sexy hair. Oh, and there's also mild side effects like a heart attack, dizzy mind, weak heart, and all that unimportant stuff.

Watch at your own risk if you haven't already.

Anyway, you probably can't tell at all and it might be a big surprise for you, but my far far favorite character is Akemi Homura-chan. I've been girlcrushing on her since first sight, so much that I've changed my username on MLPF to her's :3

I like every character, though, even ones people hate like Hitomi and Kyosuke. My list is as follows:

1.) Homura

2.) Homura

3.) Homura

4.) Homura

5.) Homura

6.) Homura

1,000,000,000,000.) Madoka

1,000,000,000,001.) Kyoko

1,000,000,000,002.) Sayaka/Mami/Nagisa

TOO MANY HOMUS! pqdk.png

If you're looking for a topic to discuss, here's a questionnaire:

Best piece of music?

Best song? (Note: Song, not tunes)

Best witch?

Best episode?

Best Drama CD? 

Best movie?

Best support/side character?

Best scene?

Best ship?

Best friendship?

Most tragic character?

Best power/weapon?

Best Madoka game?

Here are some more expanded questions:

Is Kyubey entirely in the wrong? Do you agree with what he does or doesn't reveal?

Do Homura's actions in Rebellion seem out-of-character to you? Does it make sense?

Homura did nothing wrong Are Homura's actions in Rebellion entirely wrong?

My answers (long, very long-ass post):

Best piece of music?

is my favorite piece of music from the show. It's absolutely beautiful, and the violin speaks many untold things about the balance of despair and hope.The scary – and ironic – part is that Decretum plays during what looked like happy scenes, such as after Sayaka talks with Madoka about her decision to become amagical girl. It tells you that hope will be countered by a single feeling of regret... eventually. Oh, and in the Movie version of Episode 12, Eternal, Decretum plays instead of Sis Puella Magica when Madoka is about to make her wish. It's somewhat extended and sounds rather strange if you focus on the BGM, but overall I think it has a better effect in the movie. Especially with Homura there crying.

Best song? (Note: Song, not tunes)

Kimi no Gin no Niwa – translates to Your Silver Garden – is my absolute favorite song from the show. Aside from the fact that Kalafina is simply awesome, and thatthe credits are actually really, horribly depressing as a silhouette of Homura dances alone, almost carefree, the tune is also deceiving – it's basically like Homu onthe surface, oh-so-happy, having stolen Madoka from the Law of Cycles and creating a perfect world for her and her friends, smug and overall acting like a cliché "MWAHAHA" villain – hints such as the tomato-throwing Clara Dolls (Homu's familiars) and her falling off the cliff at the epilogue shows that Homura's likely experiencing a billion emotions of guilt that's gonna bottle up and cause shit soon.

The guardian 

of your young slumber—

The gateway to adulthood is tightly shut

Still naive, poor Homu. Despite being less foolish than others due to her past experiences, what I interpret from this is that she still thinks she can protect Madokaand change her fate despite the clear inevitable, keep her happy despite the lengths she went to to do so – and in the end, she's still a growing girl in her most emotional state, and there's only so much such a person can take.

Stay softly with me,

please don't leave me

Chirp your song by my window,

please don't leave me

Kind of self-explanatory. What I find interesting about this verse is that it's the only verse that repeated itself in the song, adding extra emphasis on Homura's sorrow. The line "Chirp your song by my window" tells you Homura's desire to hear Madoka talk to her again, and be there beside her (instead of the "Do your best" at the epilogue of the anime, where it's only Godoka speaking to her instead of being there). 

I'm probably nitpicking this song apart, but I gotta say the speculah matches up with Homura's actions in Rebellion. Besides all the sad hints and stuff, I enjoy thesong for its musical quality – and, as I've said before, the singers of Kalafina are amazing.

Best witch?

Charlotte, due to her backstory and everything. An official source stated that her mother was dying of sickness, and Kyubey showed up. Charlotte wished to have cheesecake with her mother one last time before she died – and realized too late that she should have wished for her mother's health instead. And, of course, witched out – ALL during Episode 3! Plus, in Rebellion, we find that Charlotte is actually (highlight) Nagisa Momoe the new magical girl introduced to the movie.

I also really like Homulilly and Oktavia – the descriptions on their cards really make me sympathize with the witches and the characters associated with them. TheNutcracker witch – a graceful dancer like Homura herself. I find the theme of dance really intriguing, especially since she screwed up Kyubey... with a dance. Spin spin power. And there's the Mermaid witch associated with the symphony. That's why I like the idea of Sayaka and Homura becoming friends.

Best episode?

Hands down, Episode 10: I Won't Rely on Anyone Anymore. It's pretty much obvious: Homu backstory revealed, sad, sad, and sad moments, character returns such as Mami and Kyoko for those who've missed them, et cetera. There's not much to hate about it.

Best Drama CD? 

A tie between Drama CD 2: Sunny Day Life and Drama CD 1: Memories of You. For those of you who never listened to the Drama CDs, I suggest you do. They're really good.

Memories of You is essentially an expanded version of Episode 10, focused on only the first timeline and when Homura and Madoka first met. It really expands ontheir friendship and made me sympathize with Homura even more on her actions in Rebellion. Really, Madoka is the first person that picked Homura up and give her a life, and I can definitely see where Homura gets her obsession of Madoka from. It also makes me wonder about the cat, Amy. Does Homura still take care of her, or did she give up on her – just like on herself and even her usual relationship with Madoka due to declaring that they'll be enemies one day? 

Sunny Day Life is just as cheery and bright as it sounds. It's a slice-of-life story pretty much completely exempt from the main story's tone and plot. Filled with cute to funny moments, it's the perfect Drama CD for those who want a happier story for the poor mahou shoujos who've had nothing but sad lives. I loved Kyoko's attempts at speaking English and Homura and Mami helping Madoka on her homework. Homura even offers to help Madoka cheat on her make-up test! It really makes me wonder (I keep saying that tongue.png) about what would Homura be like if everything was happy and she succeeded in saving Madoka. Also, the girls embark on a journey to stop a familiar who was stealing women's underwear, of which Mami gets furious about. Overall, a great CD that includes all six characters fairly.

Drama CD 4: Magical Girl Summer Camp also gets a special mention for being a cheery slice-of-life story. Moemura was badass, the KyoSaya moments here were adorable, and... well, it was just amazing! 

Best movie?

I've watched all three. And I honestly can't say which one of them is better, because they're all just... just... I can't describe it. I've never watched anything as good as these. That being said... Rebellion is probably just a tinge below the others due to its rather confusing structure. The other two movies, which are essentially recaps of the TV series, are actually fairly straightforward with a few plot twists, but I just couldn't follow Rebellion all that well. It left off at a cliffhanger and didn't even fully explain Homura's new powers, leaving my head and brains knocked out.

I probably liked Eternal the best, which is the recap of Episodes 9, 10, 11, and 12 of the series.

Best support/side character?

I like Hitomi for her kindness that everyone seems to overlook because of what she did to Sayaka. I also love her design – I find her to be quite cute. But I think it mostly came from the Bonus Route in the PSP game where she crushes on Homura and becomes friends with her, which gave me high expectations of her becoming a mahou shoujo someday.

Best scene?

All the scenes where Homura cries. That includes her breakdown in Episode 8, her grief in Episode 10, and another breakdown in Episode 11. And Episode 12, too – now that I think about it, Homura basically cries the most out of all the characters. Even more than Madoka, I think. Ironic, considering her usual emotionless demeanor – but I suppose she has a lot to be sad about. She really is the most tragic character.

Best ship?

HomuMado, because duh. Don't think I need to elaborate. tongue.png

Best friendship?

My favorite BroTP is an extreeeemely uncommon one, and that's Homura and Sayaka. Why so, you may ask? On terms of hostility in the TV series on a scale between 1 to 10, they cap at 11 at directly trying to kill each other for shitty reasons. But in the games – I'm SORRY! – in the games, there were scenes of which Homura tries to help Sayaka and Sayaka offers to become friends with Homura – all acting in character, even if they weren't canon. And in Rebellion

Spoiler 

Sayaka, as part of Madoka's plan, gains her memories and powers and essentially knows pretty much everything about Homura. She tells Homura that the witch – which was Homu herself – couldn't be that bad if she wanted to give the girls a happy life instead of killing the victims. In their rescue against Homulilly, Sayaka states that it took a lot of work to fool Kyubey and Homura, but it was something she'd do for Homura, because she deserves a reward for fighting so hard.

The problem with Homura is that while she tries so hard to protect Madoka over and over, she doesn't have anyone to watch her back. She has no friends, is lonely, and is completely fine with that. Or so it looks. What I think Homura needs to lessen her pain is a friend who'd help her, someone she would also care about, so losing Madoka wouldn't make her bonkers. Sayaka, having learned her lesson of regret, seems to fit that position in my opinion.

Most tragic character?

Homura, by light-years far. Not much to say that hasn't already been said. 

List of crap that happens to her (contains some Rebellion spoilers):

- Grown up likely without family

- Hospitalized due to heart disease for half a year

- Timid and shy – bullied and gossiped about to the point of her having suicidal thoughts

- Had the only person who ever cared about her die for her

- Forced to mercy kill her best friend (also an element of her guilt and regret as Homulilly in Rebellion)

- Travels over 100 timelines to accomplish a goal and fails every time, watching that same person die

- At the end, she still doesn't accomplish that goal and is forced to leave her friend behind

- Is the only one who remembers said friend, leaving her to question her existence. It was at this point that she began to fall into despair during events pre-Rebellion. Spoilers at this point on.

- Learns that her friend didn't really want to go, but did it out of duty – leaving Homu to think it was her fault 

- Used as an experiment by the Incubators and played with her emotions

- Shot herself (?)

- Turned into a witch 

- Turns into a devil. Yes, though Homu wanted to do that, I'm still counting that because she's living with guilt that she had stolen Madoka's wish, as shown in several hints such as the Clara Dolls, HomuMado scene, and the epilogue.

Best power/weapon?

Homura's shield takes the prize. Original and genius – who wouldn't want a time-stopping device that blocks direct attacks from powerful witches and is an unlimited storage facility? 

Best Madoka game?

I haven't played any either, but you don't have to play any to answer this question, guys tongue.png I see clips of those games on Youtube, and I've especially enjoyed going through the Bonus Route of the PSP game and watching Homura actually get a sense of humor. (Too soft! Softer than the softest sofa at the soft sofa store! tongue.png) And for Sayaka fans, this is probably the only time Sayaka manages to confess to Kyosuke and have it go well. It's really a great route – you guys should watch it if you haven't already.

That being said, I liked the Battle Pentagram better solely due to the appeal of its gameplay. The first one seems more like an RPG or something – not sure myself, but Pentagram lets you control the girls and use their attacks – it's all very realistic and action-packed. Also, who could forget the fanservice/pandering that the max relationship scenes offer? Even if they aren't canon... it's cute, cute, and cute.

Have fun discussing best show. twilight_wink_by_angelishi.gif

• Brohoof 1