Flow

84 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Rainbow had a lantern powered by fireflies. I thought that was cute! It seems in Equestria, there is no real headlong rush for technological advancement as in our world. If it's useful, they'll incorporate something very sparingly. If they don't need it, they just do without. Somehow I think that makes pony-kind a lot more advanced then we give them credit for!

and the guards had electric flashlights, the tech is scyzo in equestria

At around 8 minutes in, in Iron Will's crowd I saw an earth pony with a guitar cutie mark. I find it funny that ponies like him and Octavia can play instruments with just their hooves. No fingers? No magic? No problem!

Okay I'm tired of this I'm asking everypony right now! WHY THE HELL DO OTHERS LIKE IT WHEN FLUTTERSHY IS MEAN?! :angry: Not, "standing up for herself" not "bravely defending her friends" but genuinely nasty? What makes Fluttershy so wonderful is how compassionate she is. When Discord mindraped her, it broke my heart, because she was just so hatefully spiteful. I'm being honest here, what the Hell is the appeal?

Well, for me at least, it's because she's so innocent and nice normally. I love Fluttershy for that, but seeing such stark contrast is also entertaining. Also, I know that I and a lot of other people like seeing good characters turn bad in movies/books/whatever, so this is kinda like that, just toned down since it's a kid show.

But anyway...

ho. ly. shit.

This is my new favorite episode, hooves down. My username, my entire ponysona, is based off of evil Fluttershy, and now she got her own episode.

EvilshyNew Fluttershy is pleased that she is getting the respect she deserves.

Also, Mr. T and Rocky references in the same episode. Words cannot describe this awesome.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Also, Mr. T and Rocky references in the same episode. Words cannot describe this awesome.

Don't forget the Incredible Hulk! When Fluttershy looked down into the puddle and said "I'm the monster" and walked slowly back to her cottage, for just a split second (The first four notes) the music sounded almost exactly like the piano playing in the "Incredible Hulk" TV series starring Bill Bixby when David Banner would be walking slowly down the road at the end of each episode.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=rccD1EWenio

I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS SO!

I just did a quick search on Youtube. Somepony already put this comparison together!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDe4lD9u0mw

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 3

I am well aware that the events in the show were not meant to be ambiguious:

show a big problem (fluttershy getting walked all over) show change, show what happens when new style (assertivness backed by rhymed mantras) is taken beyond it's logical extremes. then fix.

But still!

You'd think that everypony in town would respect Fluttershy for her undying kindness, but insdead they just take it for granted! None of the townsfolk complained when Fluttershy brought the pain! and you know what? they had no right to!

At first I was all like "Damnit, why you talking to 'Shy like that? DON'T YOU KNOW WHO SHE IS?"

then I realized that ponies don't watch MLP, so no.

skip ahead to Fluttershy putting her hoof down on the town and all I had to say was: "Well ponyville, you didn't reward her kindness, why are you surprised she gave up?"

I wouldn't call the "new Fluttershy" a bitch, the town in this episode had it coming.

but after what she said to Pinkie Pie, I'm glad she's gone... "new Fluttershy" I mean.

and before I go, Angel! Didn't he hear about biting the hand that feeds you?

This entire episode was awesome, but I have to say my favorite part (or at least the part that stuck out to me the most. I wouldnt call it my FAVORITE because she makes Pinky and Rarity Cry :( ) was the "Nobody gives a flying feather" scene. There is a pretty good chance I am gonna start using that as a swear replacement.

That verbal smackdown Fluttershy gave to Pinkie and Rarity was absolutely brutal, especially for a kid's show. Really, it's no wonder they burst into tears as a result of it. It was like watching a space shuttle explode.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly... I thought it was pretty good. It did seem to have some timing issues, but overall I enjoyed the episode. The only part I didn't like was when that little jerk Angel was... being a jerk

I was really hoping Fluttershy was going to bitch slap him right back in this episode, but no such luck. At least hopefully she'll stand up to him from now on cause really he bugs me. Also absolutely adored the reference to Loony Tunes and the others. It makes sense that Pinkie is very good at that. Funny how horrible Pinkie was at being assertive in the beginning and trying to come onto that guy selling the cherry (isn't that Derpy's boss?)

Whatever it was, decent episode, not the best but I enjoyed it anyway.

Don't forget the Incredible Hulk! When Fluttershy looked down into the puddle and said "I'm the monster" and walked slowly back to her cottage, for just a split second (The first four notes) the music sounded almost exactly like the piano playing in the "Incredible Hulk" TV series starring Bill Bixby when David Banner would be walking slowly down the road at the end of each episode.

http-~~-//www.youtube.c...h?v=rccD1EWenio

I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS SO!

I just did a quick search on Youtube. Somepony already put this comparison together!

http-~~-//www.youtube.c...h?v=uDe4lD9u0mw

You're welcome! :lol:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Interesting episode, although sadly unlike a few episodes, it didn't exceed my expectations. Whilst Fluttershy is my favourite pony, I felt it was a weaker entry than the previous episodes.

Somepony in the thread said the flow was like Mare Do Well, which in itself was also a weaker episode. And I agree. It was far too predictable. Barely anything surprised me.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy it, or that it wasn't a good episode. It was. I just didn't like it as much as the ones before it. Personally, I think Fluttershy deserves a better episode than this later on the season. I hope she gets one. Because we've already seen several episodes from most of the characters except Twilight.

What did surprise me though was how mean Fluttershy was to Rarity and Pinkie Pie. That verbal smack down... was very harsh. Harsher than I expected. She insulted them down to the core. It seemed very realistic... and actually like the sort of thing I would say if I was as angry as she was. Which makes me relate to Fluttershy more, I suppose. I liked seeing her be assertive and kickass, and I did sort of enjoy the meanness, but at that point... I think it got out of hand.

Another thing that I expected that went the other way was for Rarity and Pinkie Pie to make her realize she was being a monster by telling her off. She only just realized it when she looked into the puddle. So I guess that was good. Also, I really loved that piano theme that apparently is kind of like a theme from the Hulk. That was really pretty. I hope the composers use the piano more. It's obvious they are capable of it.

Overall, a decent episode. But not the best, and certainly not one that satisfies my need to see more Fluttershy.

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough
  • Brohoof 1

- New Fluttershy = Discorded Fluttershy. Seen it before.

- Angel's spoilt nature came to light, showing that Fluttershy does really take good care of her animals, perhaps a bit too much.

- No song.

- The plot was still interesting if rather predictable.

- No extremely cute Fluttershy moments.

- A bit of a departure from the usual Ponyville/Equestria is an utopia, and the bad side of ponies is shown in the market (which made them almost human-like o_O)

- I wanted to give a Fluttershy episode an A+, but it doesn't shine.

Posted Image

p late to the party, but I saw this episode today.

And being the weak man I am, I thought that I could handle today's episode.

Being that it's about my favourite pony and all.

Posted Image

Oh hey, Fluttershy, how are you today--

Posted Image

Oh, ok. So you're just looking around and--

Posted Image

Wh-what are you...

Posted Image

NOPE. NOPE. NO. NOPE. NO.

NO, FORGET IT. NOPE. THOUGHT THAT I COULD HANDLE THIS, BUT NOPE. JUST A WHOLE LOT OF NOPE.

I CAN'T HANDLE THIS. NO. NOPE. NO WAY JOSE. NO.

NOPE.

You can't handle her smiling?

I'm going to be completely honest here, this Episode describes my life between the ages of about 12 and 19. I used to be as shy as possible, even more so than Fluttershy. At one point I wanted to be more assertive, so I did my best to do it. I started the same way Fluttershy did, with small, mostly harmless things, like squirting Mr. Greenhooves with the hose. A short time later and I became an absolute asshole. Yes, Klopp, your kind and generous Mod, used to be one of the most intolerable bastards to inhabit this planet.

At one point (After about 3 years >.>) I made the same realization as Fluttershy, I was a monster, and I had to change my ways. So for about a year, I just turned off my emotions completely, which is represented here when Fluttershy barricaded herself in her cottage. This may seem a bit drastic to some people, but it actually worked out best for me. Later on, I slowly came out of this emotional dip, and eventually turned into the fun-loving, overly happy goofball you all see here today. I can easily relate to Fluttershy on a whole new level now, which reinforces my opinion of her as Best Pony.

I really enjoyed this episode, it truly was beyond what I had hoped for. It even brought me to tears... Three times. Yeah I went from no emotions at all, to being overly sensitive, but I like being a constant weeper, so there :P

Also, Humans are now half-canon, as Minotaurs are a mix between a man and a bull. They don't typically have hooves though, so I'd say this is more a mix between a satyr and bull, which still constitutes about 1/3 human ;)

• Brohoof 4

Also, Humans are now half-canon, as Minotaurs are a mix between a man and a bull. They don't typically have hooves though, so I'd say this is more a mix between a satyr and bull, which still constitutes about 1/3 human ;)

Klopp logic is best logic :)

given some of the points that have been raised i can understand why this is considered not as good an ep as it should have been, but i gotta disagree on a couple of things, discorded FS =/= flutterbitch as seen in this episode, when discorded no actual character growth occurred, in this episode a huge amount of character growth took place, without her friends being in danger FS calmly stood up to iron will and didn't take his mess, and then she stood up to angel and made him eat his, still spoilage, salad (other critters get pelletized feed, he gets fresh salad...) and she is finally the one to write to celestia.

however i more than agree we still have a huge gap between fluttershy episodes and the others, particularly AJ, i like aj but come on!

I swear if Angel could speak he would call FlutterShy woman!

I wish some of the other ponies like AppleJack, Rainbow, and Twilight made an appearance in this episode, although I still found the episode good.

I swear if Angel could speak he would call FlutterShy woman!

I wish some of the other ponies like AppleJack, Rainbow, and Twilight made an appearance in this episode, although I still found the episode good.

lol, would've been awesome if he had pointed to a sandwich in the cookbook rofl

• Brohoof 1