Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever wonder if being a Brony is extinct?

Arc Brony 24

You know when you haven't been on the computer with you Brony friends. Then you think " Is being a Brony extinct now? Did I miss a Brony extinction from society? Is no one a Brony now? ". I have then I get on here and am like " PHEW! ". I have been like that before.

Not really, though I am starting to worry that the fandom is getting too large to contain itself.

Seems lately that some of the episodes (like the newest one, S2E19 as of this post), along with other events (Derpy drama, for example), are polarizing the community.

• Brohoof 1

Not really. I think that as long we keep a positive outlook on this show and don't let things like the whole Derpy situation get to us too much, this community will keep going strong for a long time to come.

Seems lately that some of the episodes (like the newest one, S2E19 as of this post), along with other events (Derpy drama, for example), are polarizing the community.

Agreed. The attention that the growth has brought to the community seems to have had some reversal effects, like the ones you mentioned above. With more people comes more opinions and when you have too many strong ones, ideas tend to clash.

bronies are getting really mainstream... call me a hipster but i think its too mainstream >,,>

You may be right... hipster.

Original post doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I have a strong enough sense of self that I don't tend to worry that I'll become "extinct" if I don't readily find others who hold the exact same viewpoints that I do.

Not really, though I am starting to worry that the fandom is getting too large to contain itself.

How does that episode polarize the community

How does that episode polarize the community

A lot of strong feelings about the episode, one way other other. Some really seem to love it, others really hate it and its "darker" nature. And, of course there are those in-between. Granted, the backlash isn't as bad as Mare-do-well, but still...go to ponychan and EQD and read comments there discussing the episode. I'm used to seeing dissenting opinions, but there seem to be more stronger dissenting opinions this time around. So while it could be confirmation bias on my part, I do believe this episode has at the very least invoked some strong opposing opinions within the fandom.

^ couldn't aggre more !

Yup, I know theses are one of these fandoms that will last until humanity ends. :D

Another pony who steal my words :P

No offense, but what the heck are you talking about? Why would bronies just go extinct all of a sudden? There's hundreds of thousands of bronies out there, so I highly doubt there would be an extinction of bronies for no reason...

No offense, but what the heck are you talking about? Why would bronies just go extinct all of a sudden? There's hundreds of thousands of bronies out there, so I highly doubt there would be an extinction of bronies for no reason...

Unless the haters organise a worldwide killing spree.

A lot of strong feelings about the episode, one way other other. Some really seem to love it, others really hate it and its "darker" nature. And, of course there are those in-between. Granted, the backlash isn't as bad as Mare-do-well, but still...go to ponychan and EQD and read comments there discussing the episode. I'm used to seeing dissenting opinions, but there seem to be more stronger dissenting opinions this time around. So while it could be confirmation bias on my part, I do believe this episode has at the very least invoked some strong opposing opinions within the fandom.

Weird, most people here seem to like it. I'm one of the people who actually likes the dark atmosphere

Weird, most people here seem to like it. I'm one of the people who actually likes the dark atmosphere

I do, too. Like I said though, I could be exaggerating or it could simply be confirmation bias on my part. But even if the fanbase is split, I don't see bronies completely going away for a very, very long time.