Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Discointhe90s

I for one would love a spinoff for the CMC

Do you think it could ever happen, would you watch it, and do you think it would be popular?

attachicon.gifwe are the cutie mark crusaders.png

No.

Honestly, CMC episodes have gotten really boring for me. Same old song and dance, you know?

If they were doing something besides beating us over the head with how they didn't have their cutie marks yet, then maybe, but if it's the same formula as we've seen in recent episodes, no.

• Brohoof 5

A Cutie Mark Crusaders spinoff, you say? Well, if you mean a TV show, I'd probably try, but it would get super old super quickly. Almost every episode would be filled with the poor fillies' failures.

But, if it was a movie, one where at the end they each finally earn their cutie marks, that's something I would watch! Especially if the writers made it canon and put it in Season 5.

• Brohoof 2

That would be awesome since I’m a Scootaloo fan boy.

But aside from that I don’t think a spin off would be needed, I think a bunch of good CMC episodes in the regular MLP FIM show would do just fine.

I’m sure it would be popular and I’d certainly watch it if it did happen, it’s entirely possible it would happen but it’s entirely possible it wont

• Brohoof 3

A Cutie Mark Crusaders spinoff, you say? Well, if you mean a TV show, I'd probably try, but it would get super old super quickly. Almost every episode would be filled with the poor fillies' failures.

But, if it was a movie, one where at the end they each finally earn their cutie marks, that's something I would watch! Especially if the writers made it canon and put it in Season 5.

OMG a movie would be awesome if any MLP writers are spying on us HINT HINT

That would be awesome since I’m a Scootaloo fan boy.

But aside from that I don’t think a spin off would be needed, I think a bunch of good CMC episodes in the regular MLP FIM show would do just fine.

I’m sure it would be popular and I’d certainly watch it if it did happen, it’s entirely possible it would happen but it’s entirely possible it wont

YAY Scootaloo is my favorite crusader too

• Brohoof 2

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

• Brohoof 1

I've been saying this since season 1. This or a Daring Do spinoff would be pretty awesome. If you consider that the focus of the show would then be on those characters their failures would be irrelevant as they would learn a lot through each episodes about what they can and can't do. It might even require a little more of a sequential setup to the episodes. The point of getting a cutie mark is to learn about yourself and find out what's truly you, right? Easy enough to write based on that. Just gotta add the entertainment factor.

Plus it could incorporate more episodes of other branches of the CMC like where Babs is.

• Brohoof 1

I think, when FiM has run it's course, we will see a CMC spinoff about them founding a business using all their talents.

maybe a mini show, depicting their crazy stuff, but not only about their crusading, but about slice of life stuff like how to quickly do a labor only to fail, try to cheat an exam or prank wars

Edited by Zekromic

I'm AppleBelle

No, no you're not. You're Sweetie Belle, otherwise known as the best crusader.

As for this, I would LOVE a movie, or an episode where Sweetie Belle gets her cutie mark (since she's always the closest to getting the message when they do stuff) and it shakes up the social dynamic that they have going. I think that would be a REALLY good episode 

• 1 year later...

I think it would be awesome, having a full series about them rather than just the occasional episode could allowed them to really develop a lot more, not that they are not now, they are all awesome as is. Just saying they could expand on things about the characters individually and in a lot better time span than one occasional episode. They could also learn a lot of interesting lessons as they are so young! Def has potential

• Brohoof 1

I would be totally behind a CMC spinoff IF they follow the trend of their development that we saw in episodes like Sleepless in Ponyville, As the Sweetie Belle Toils, and Flight to the Finish. Episodes like these game them some GREAT growth as characters. :)

• Brohoof 1

I for one would like to see a CMC spin-off too but not in the same time period as the current show. I want it to take place when all three are grown up and have finally gotten their cutie-marks and then one day they decide to get together again for old times sake and you can take the show wherever you want from there.

They don't really need a series to themselves. They've gotten along just fine with dedicated episodes for them in the show, so I don't see what they could accomplish with a series that they can't already do.

I think the show is enough. There are many CMC episodes, I don't think we need more (it would be a bit repetitive imo).

IIRC, the episode "Call of the Cutie" was originally intended as a "test run" to see if the CMC were popular enough to star in their own spinoff. The reaction was not strong enough to risk making a whole new show about them, so they just incorporated them into the main show instead.

• Brohoof 1