Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spoon to MLP Forums: Four to Beam Aboard

Yellow Diamond

(It’ll help if you read with this music playing in the background.)

Captain’s log. Stardate 2014.59. The entire MLP Forums staff has been exposed to potentially lethal doses of responsibility. Mr. Discord calculates a 77.77% chance of destruction if we do not find a supplemental power source. Facing annihilation, I have conferred with the crew and MLP Forums High Command, led by Admiral Feld0. In order to weather this challenge, it seems we must request assistance from new and old friends alike.

With that utter indulgence of geekery, I’d like to formally announce the introduction of four new moderators to our staff. All of them are familiar faces that many of you have encountered over the months—even years—on the forums. They are proven to be smart, able, active, and friendly folks who are more than capable of ensuring that the MLP Forums community continues growing rapidly and soundly.

SCS – If you’ve ever had questions about how things work here on MLP Forums, chances are SCS addressed your concerns at some point. He’s been a member of the Poniverse Staff for several months, working diligently in Site Questions & Tech Support. Need to do know something but never had the courage to ask? SCS is more than happy enough to provide an answer. He’ll be doing that now (and more) with a nifty moderator badge.

Sugar Cube – Sugar Cube joined MLP Forums way back when the ball first started rolling in October 2011. She’s remained with us ever since, and we’re pleased as punch that she’s at last a part of our team. It stands to reason that an Applejack fan is both loyal and level-headed. I’m likewise sure she’ll also prove to be the most dependable pony around!

Wingnut – Since Wingnut promotes “The Excellence of Execution”, I’m going to assume one of two things: either he made Artemis tap out in order to join the staff, or he wants to face Sugar “The Showstopper” Cube at MLP Forums’ main event. Because moderators are not encouraged to feud with each other (except for ~CD~ and me), I’ll dismiss my apprehension and instead say that Wingnut is a thoughtful member who has long deserved a position on the staff.

Akavi (AKA DashForever) – Like Kirk to McCoy in Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Artemis, looking totally hip in his bellbottoms, clasped hands with DashForever and said, “Damn it, DF! I need you! Urgently!” In reality, DashForever has shown an unyielding drive to help keep MLP Forums the best pony community on the internet. We’re overjoyed in welcoming him back into the fold!

Please take a moment to welcome our newest (and oldest) moderators!

On a slightly more somber note, SolarFox, one of our most dedicated moderators, is stepping down from the staff. He’s been more than a helpful member of the staff; SolarFox is a darn good friend. Although we’ll miss him, all of us here thank him for his service and hope to see him around on the forums. I’m fairly certain he won’t leave us unless we ban all mention of Rarity from MLP Forums. Moony and Radiance64 should keep those plans in check a while longer.

It is also of mention that Evilshy is temporarily stepping down from his position as moderator. Real-life has conspired against him, but his dedication to our community remains steadfast. When things are at last sorted out, we’ll be waiting for him with open arms. You haven’t seen the last of Evilshy yet!

Finally, we need to address some nitty-gritty policy matters. Recently, several staff members have come across multiple topics related to drug and alcohol usage. While we are not so draconian as to ban all mention of intoxicating substances, it does bear repeating that our youngest members are 13 years of age. Discussing personal drug habits and glorifying drinking aren’t the ideal topics for discussion around those who may not even be old enough to legally take a sip of beer. Much like the NSFW rule, it often comes down to exercising common sense.

To avoid blurring the lines too much, however, we are announcing a formal policy on alcohol and drug-related content. Discussing those subjects in the abstract is permissible, provided that the topics and their participants do not delve into graphic detail. In other words, in the contexts of education and debate, members are free to chat about drugs and alcohol. Conversely, the promotion or graphic description of personal drug usage—especially illegal drugs—is prohibited. The same applies for alcohol. If you want to talk about how smashed you got last weekend, or how great it is to drop acid at parties, go somewhere else. MLP Forums will stand by its PG-13 policy for all discussions and their content.

That’s all for now!

Mr. NewCalamity, take us out. Warp factor 6.

• Brohoof 46

SolarFox (Full Spectrum) was promoted to mod when I was, so he's got some mileage on him. His decision to depart left me feeling bummed out in a special way, as without him on the team, that would leave me as the last from that round of new recruits. DashForever's decision to return has at least removed that and helped me to feel young again. Even so, it's unfortunate to see our beloved SolarFox hitting the dusty trail. He's been a faithful and fantastic mod, and a good friend to many. I wish him the best in all he pursues. His mod position is still available to him should he ever feel up to returning. "Once a pound puppy, always a pound puppy."

Congratulations and felicitations to both Sugar Cube and Wingnut. I've known both of them for ages and are people I've always admired. They're both intelligent and congenial people, and I have great confidence in their abilities.

SCS and I first met in his introduction thread. He immediately struck me as a calm, bright, and dedicated individual. From that moment I had a feeling about him one day joining the staff and becoming a moderator. As with the others, I have the utmost confidence in him.

DashForever... what can I say? We started this gig together. From day one he was fully committed and has served with distinction throughout his tenure. Having him back on staff is a relief. Since he already knows the ropes, I imagine he'll settle in rather quickly. :P

• Brohoof 20

Congratulations you three! And welcome back DashForever!

I am very excited to have you all on board with us. Also, my vote is for DF getting hazed again with the rest of ‘em. :D

And a note to SolarFox - do not believe for a moment that you were anything less than wonderful in your position as a moderator here both as a worker and as a friend. I wish you well on your journeys in the realm of the living!

• Brohoof 11

The moderation team has just become 200% better with the addition of Wingnut and Sugar Cube. They're both very deserving members for the honours! I hope they can balance all the work that comes with it! :D

• Brohoof 7

DF, once more unto the breach I s'ppose. Glad to see the moderation team always growing and adapting to suit the needs of an ever-growing community. Best wishes to everyone on the team, new and old.

• Brohoof 6

Congratulations to all the people being promoted, from one place to another. Wherever that may be. I know them all, and I am sure that they will preform very well in their new positions! 

Best of luck regardless, even though i'm sure you all won't need it.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Solar...dammit...I fuckin' love that guy...:(

295776__safe_rarity_edit_u-wot-m8.png

Anyway, I called 2 of the mods in Wingnut and Sugar Cube :P Gotta say, I like the choices made here.

SCS was always hella helpful, too :D

Congrats, dudes! :D Good luck and all that nifty stuff :D

*please tell me I beat Aquila here, please tell me I beat Aquila here*

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 8

(edited)

Congratulations guys. It's brilliant to see more dedicated people be brought aboard and the promotion of a few hard workers already within staff. I wish you all good luck, and look forward to many conversations with you guys

I apologise for not having too much to say right now, hopefully I can add more detail a little later. :)

Edited by Dawn Rider
  • Brohoof 7

(edited)

FINALLY!

Seriously, though, it’s about freakin’ time! :D

I’m sure Sugar Cube isn’t a surprise for anyone around here. I’m just wondering why the heck it took so long for her to join. Not to mention she's an AJ fan. Just how many AJ fans do we have on the mod team, anyway? Lookin' good! 

Likewise, Wingnut is one heck of a respected member. I've definitely looked up to him throughout my time here on MLP Forums, and I'm sure many more have and will do the same. 

SCS? This guy dedicated countless hours to improving the site, and that’s not including all he did behind the scenes. He's been a very good friend of mine for the past year, and I can personally vouch for his work ethic, friendliness, and maturity. 

So now that Ashley's gone, we need someone else to do the hazing for us. I think I'll call DashFore--WAIT, HOLY. DashForever? The DashForever? :o

I'll let my (true) initial reaction speak for me. 

On 2/27/14, at 8:30 PM, Aquila wrote:

> Wait.
> Wait.
> Wait.
> Wait.
> Wait.
> NO.
> Or. Wait.
> Duuuuuuuude.

On 2/27/14, at 10:52 PM, Aquila wrote:

> OH GOD
> MY HERO

But seriously, welcome back! I've missed you, man! :D

Either way, I'm very confident in these choices, and I'm very excited to be able to work with them. Best of luck, everyone!

As for Evilshy and SolarFox, I'm sad to see them go. While I admit to not having much interaction with Evilshy, SolarFox is one of the members I've always highly respected. It's been great working with you, my friend. Good luck in your future endeavors! 
Edited by Aquila
Spoilers
  • Brohoof 16

What a way to begin my anniversary!

A new change of pace has begun, and it may take it for the better way!

I know msot of these users, and I can be safe to say that I trust them to the fullest!

Congratulations and good luck to the new administrators and moderators! ;)

• Brohoof 4

Well hope everyone is who temporarily/resigned are alright. A big welcome to the new moderators.

• Brohoof 4

Congratulations to the new moderators, they are all good choices and one of them is an AJ fan so you know she is going to have a lasso.

applejack_by_artlfex-d75cgnq.jpg

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

Damn you damn you DAMN YOU DAMN YOU DAMN YOU!!!!!!

lvHkuzO.png

What a stinkerface ;_;

Anyway, I wholeheartedly support the addition of these four new mods. I've seen SOS "PLZ SAVE MEH" often help around at every technical and site question there is; he's proven to be awesome at helping new and old members alike! :D

Sugar "Sorry for blasting your eardrums with a far better voice than Clarity's" Cube is DashForever's alternate personna and despite not liking Homu very much :( is a mature and diligent member worthy of being not only the best Applejack fan on these forums, but a moderator as well. I've always thought they should've chosen you a long time ago. xD

Wing "flying kernel" Nut is also the alternate personna of stinkerface and I'm honored to have met him since last year except that I've only just found out he's as old as my mom x3  I believe you'll be a great addition to the team, and congratulations!

And DF, you sux :okiedokielokie:

Grats to all the newly appointed mods, and I wish you good luck in maintaining this forum community. To the retired mods, you've done a great job and well earned your rest ;)

Edited by Akemi Homura
  • Brohoof 8

(edited)

Congratulations to SCS, Sugar Cube, Wingnut and DashForever. I may not talk to them as much but i see them around the forums with such great attitude which i think a great moderator needs. I actually know these 4 guys and i know they will become great moderators.

Also i am very sad to see SolarFox and Evilshy go, I wish i could have talked to them more. I also wish you two all the best!

Once again congratulations you guys, and best of luck!

[i think this song is appropriate for this  :D]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-xZ1gp9X84

Edited by FadedSkies
  • Brohoof 9

The funniest part of this scenario is that, this announcement would have been up far sooner if somepony haden't jammed the transporters for seven hours with tribbles.

post-4006-0-25590500-1393640901.png

It was such a good idea at the time, though. :umad:

Welcome to the team, lackey people. I will be vacationing on Haweewee if you need me. You'll figure out the controls at some point B)

• Brohoof 13

The funniest part of this scenario is that, this announcement would have been up far sooner if somepony haden't jammed the transporters for seven hours with tribbles.

attachicon.gifDangitSpoon.png

It was such a good idea at the time, though. :umad:

Welcome to the team, lackey people. I will be vacationing on Haweewee if you need me. You'll figure out the controls at some point B)

I should lock this thread right now, because there will never be a post better than this one.

• Brohoof 7

Congrats to new peoples doing new things

Also let's start a rescue mission to find Tom the Diamond and save him from the hypnotism he's fell under watching too much of Trixie's plot shaking.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aEV_sikj2I#t=0

But here's a mini-speech anyway. ;)

I just want to take a sec to thank the forum staff for seeing some potential in me. I feel both honored and extremely grateful to be given the opportunity to serve this community that I love so much. I'm very excited to get started alongside my fellow moderator friends, Wingnut and SCS, and I couldn't be more delighted to see the always-reliable (and amazing friend at that) DashForever back in his rightful position as well. I think I speak for each of us when I say that we are all very committed to this position and that together we will do our very best to ensure that MLP Forums is a fun and friendly environment for everyone. :)

And how silly of me to forget. While I didn't know SolarFox too well on a personal level, I have heard no shortage of great things about him. He's a well-respected part of this community and his departure is sure to leave an impact. Solar, you will be missed. Best wishes in all of your pursuits!

This applies to Evilshy as well, though in his case we'll be happy to welcome him back with open arms once he's ready to return. :)

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 16

Whoa look at all those new mods man :o

Hehe, congrats to SCS, Sugar Cube, and Wingnut! They totally deserve it. Welcome back to Dashforever as well! :D

Also, not too great seeing Solarfox stepping down, he was pretty great but I can understand. Hope Evilshy sorts out whatever he needs to as well. The team is pretty big and reliable though, so I'm sure we'll be doing just fine. ;)

And yeah, there better not ever be any ban of mentioning Rarity. Ever. :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 9

(edited)

Wow! The music DOES make it sound important!

Congrats to all the new moderators!

Alright, Ezio, I have 4 more targets for you...

You know, this would be a HORRIBLE place to say something bad. More than this, but...

Mane 6 are worst ponies.

Fite me mods.

Edited by Ducksquack
  • Brohoof 4

Thank you to both Evilshy and SolarFox for their tremendous commitment to MLP Forums, and for all of the great work that they have done. I have interacted with both of them minimally, but my interactions with them were pleasant. I have a great amount of respect for both of them not just as staff members, but as people. Even though they may no longer be moderators, they are still Evilshy and SolarFox, which is what truly matters. I hope to see both of them around the site for time to come. Additionally, if either of them are willing and able to return to the moderation staff at any point in the future, I would welcome them back with open arms.

Wingnut and Sugar Cube are excellent choices for moderator. I have respected Wingnut since my earliest days on the site, and I have always found Sugar Cube to be a very kind and friendly person. I have complete confidence in both of them in the endeavor to do all that we can to contribute in a positive manner to the wonderful community that is MLP Forums.

DashForever is likewise an excellent choice for moderator. He was one in the past, and I have spent some time reviewing his moderation actions. He is very active, helpful, fair, and level headed, and I am very glad that he is on the team. Additionally, I have communicated with him on a few occasions and always found him to be a very kind and good person.

In regard to myself, it would be an understatement to say that I am honored to be trusted with the position and subsequent responsibility of moderator. I love this community dearly, and I will do my absolute best to help ensure that it remains a friendly, welcoming and relaxing place for everyone. I will be continuing my work with the site questions forum section, support tickets, and the survey as well, and I hope to continue to help others in those situations in addition to situations I will assist with as a moderator. 

I also want to say that I am a strong believer in open and honest communication. Everyone is welcome to send me a message if they have any concerns with MLP Forums or its management, including me. I will do my best to make sure that my actions as a staff member are fair, but I welcome criticism. If anyone ever feels that something I did was not fair, they are more than welcome to send me a message about it, or send in a support ticket if they do not wish for me to be made aware of their concerns. Only administrators can view support tickets in the Moderation Disputes department. Additionally, I have always been and will always continue to be more than willing to help anyone with any concerns or problems they wish to discuss, whether or not they involve MLP Forums. :)

• Brohoof 15

As I've more than likely expressed to you folk, I'm ecstatic to get started on working with you folk, and filled with renewed vigour upon the news of DF's impending return.  Hold the banner high!

It was definitely a pleasure to have worked with SolarFox, and as always with our beloved moderators, it's a shame to see you go.  As we all well know, the team will continue to be in capable hands and we'll never forget what you've done for us as a whole, SolarFox.

I've utmost faith in these two (of course, I'm the most important admin, so my say is what got them in), and helping them get through the ropes of the first couple weeks will once again be great fun.  Newer generations of helots moderators are always good fun, and a pleasure to add to our motley crew.

• Brohoof 7