Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Work Ethic of Bronies

StarSwirlTheBearded

Work Ethic of Bronies  

36 users have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, how lazy are bronies?

• 1 - Very lazy
    • 3 - Average
    • 5 - Very hard-working

I don't want to offend anyone, but it seems to me that most bronies are very lazy.  It seems like smart, successful, hard-working bronies are few and far in between.  Most seem like living-in-mother's-basement or video gamer types of people.  I would love to be proven wrong, but it seems like all bronies that I've seen IRL are losers.  Is this true, or is it just that the better bronies hide the fact that they are bronies?

(edited)

So, i'm lazy because i play video games? Wow, kinda harsh. Eh? 

Besides, i know tons of bronies who are still in school. So you can't expect much out of them. until they graduate of course

Edited by Detective Sparkles
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

well, some bronies are in school/college so what else can they do? :P

some work. some are creative with art and music. totally not lazy at all.

Yes there maybe a few still living with parents but that doesn't mean all of them are work dodgers, better there than on the street till they can find work.

Regardless. you should not judge other people in this fandom. To each his own. :P

Edited by Malinter
  • Brohoof 1

Something I think you seem to be missing is lazyness is not just if you work or not, it can be a number of things.

Bronies are as lazy as every other group or person on this planet, sometimes this fanbase can keep people more busy than others, with all the artwork, music, fan stories and animations, I'd say that we bronies are very busy people and the stereotype of bronies being lazy could be debunked if they just looked in Octavia's hall.

• Brohoof 2

well, some bronies are in school/college so what else can they do? :P

some work. some are creative with art and music. totally not lazy at all.

Yes there maybe a few still living with parents but that doesn't mean all of them are work dodgers, better there than on the street till they can find work.

Regardless. you should not judge other people in this fandom. To each his own. :P

That and I'll add to this by saying that the housing prices of some places (In my case The Lower Mainland of British Columbia) is insane! You can have a good job (I'm currently studying to get into the trades, they pay well and I enjoy the work) and you still might still have to live your parents. Unfortunately people living with their parents is a common occurance over here in the lower mainland! When a dinky apartment costs $1000 a month, you know there is something wrong.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Many Bronies are in school, and unless you actually know a Brony IRL, you are really only seeing them in public (i.e. outside work & school) such as a convention or store. 

Seems to me like Bronies are one of the most creative fanbases out there, and honestly it takes a lot work to get the skill many out there have. And if you consider artistic expression a lazy job as many older people do, then you really need to try what they are doing, and AT their skill level. Skill doesn't come overnight with one piece of art.

And if you want to find Bronies who do "work," just look at @SasQfor science, or @Doc. Volt for engineering, and there are many many many more (these are two off the top of my head).....

Edited by Treble Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

Well I guess being an engineering major means I'm lazy.......

Nothing could be further from the truth, no in fact this is a very bad stereotyping of bronies that is only slightly less popular than the all bronies are gay stereotype. Most bronies I've met are college students, with goals and plans for the future, and are truly intelligent people.

(Yes this topic offends me very deeply)

• Brohoof 1

No better or worse than any other group of human beings. Because humans, by nature, will always find time to slack off and satisfy their base instincts through hanging our, video games, watching TV, whatever. Entertainment is universal, whether you're a collage student or a retiree from the army or whatever.

Well I guess being an engineering major means I'm lazy.......

Nothing could be further from the truth, no in fact this is a very bad stereotyping of bronies that is only slightly less popular than the all bronies are gay stereotype. Most bronies I've met are college students, with goals and plans for the future, and are truly intelligent people.

(Yes this topic offends me very deeply)

Agreed, I've seen what the Engineering students over here have to put up with and it's by no means easy!

Can't say I'm too fond of this topic either it seems to be painting most of us with the same brush! I really don't like the "bronies are lazy stereotype", it really seems that the people who say this really haven't met us!

• Brohoof 1

You know, I could be living in my mother's basement because it's more rational for me to save the money I make paying for college loans rather than using them to pay for an apartment.

None of the characteristics that you posted automatically mean that said brony is a "loser".  Also, intelligence does not correlate with laziness, I being a perfect example.

• Brohoof 2

So, i'm lazy because i play video games? Wow, kinda harsh. Eh? 

A smart person could play video games.  It's just that many lazy people spend most of their time playing video games.

Many Bronies are in school, and unless you actually know a Brony IRL, you are really only seeing them in public (i.e. outside work & school) such as a convention or store.

Yes, the bronies I referred to were just bronies that I have seen in school.  I do not know them personally.  Some of them are fine, but some of them are those really strange kinds of people.  BTW, I am a closet brony, so no one knows about me.

Man, after reading these replies, I feel like such a jerk!  My apologies.

(edited)

First off, who told you that the harder you work, the better person you are?

I'd rather say that the harder you work, the more sucker you are :P because smart/enterprising people think ahead and invent things which will allow them work less in future, or how to facilitate their work they're doing right now.

But I guess your question is more related to the matter of creative works, since you mentioned Brony art.

And this is a real value of your work: How much does it value for you and other people, and how much it influences their lives. (The more, the better.)

And it's not always about money. I, for one, do a lot of things no one pays me for. But I do them nevertheless, because they're my passion, or my curiosity/urge for knowledge. Maybe some day it will bring me some money, but if not, then I won't be disappointed, because I don't expect any repayment for what I do. I do it for myself, and for the "overall good".

Many people think that I'm worthless parasite, because I don't have any serious job. Being unemployed (for my own wish!) makes other people think I'm a slob. Or that if I don't earn money for what I do, then it's useless. They couldn't be more wrong! But that's how stereotypes work. I can't help it, and I don't care.

One can be lazy in a good sense and in bad sense. Bad sense is when you waste your time, doing nothing useful or valuable. Good sense is when you do your best to work less ;) That's optimization and efficiency.

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 2

First off, who told you that the harder you work, the better person you are?

I'd rather say that the harder you work, the more sucker you are :P because smart/enterprising people think ahead and invent things which will allow them work less in future, or how to facilitate their work they're doing right now.

But I guess your question is more related to the matter of creative works, since you mentioned Brony art.

And this is a real value of your work: How much does it value for you and other people, and how much it influences their lives. (The more, the better.)

And it's not always about money. I, for one, do a lot of things no one pays me for. But I do them nevertheless, because they're my passion, or my curiosity/urge for knowledge. Maybe some day it will bring me some money, but if not, then I won't be disappointed, because I don't expect any repayment for what I do. I do it for myself, and for the "overall good".

Many people think that I'm worthless parasite, because I don't have any serious job. Being unemployed (for my own wish!) makes other people think I'm a slob. Or that if I don't earn money for what I do, then it's useless. They couldn't be more wrong! But that's how stereotypes work. I can't help it, and I don't care.

One can be lazy in a good sense and in bad sense. Bad sense is when you waste your time, doing nothing useful or valuable. Good sense is when you do your best to work less ;) That's optimization and efficiency.

Exactly also most 'hard workers' have deskilled jobs. Only a fool follows societal rules about what they must do. Societal standards are not designed for the indivuals benefit and frankly if you're watching a show about cartoon ponies and still judging others you are seriously hypocritical, and even worse it shows you haven't the ability to self respect or a true understanding of your own psychology, something you need if you're to admit fault and flaws and grow as a person.
  • Brohoof 1

I'm smart, in my year group at school I'd say everyone has the mental age of 16 where as me and a selective group of other individuals are about the mental age of a 21 year old, seriously if it wasn't for school I'd be making money right now.

Honestly though I do consider myself quite a lazy person due to me playing a unhealthy amount of video games on a daily basis, but if I had a job I'd be working my butt off all the time.

I don't want to offend anyone, but it seems to me that most bronies are very lazy.  It seems like smart, successful, hard-working bronies are few and far in between.  Most seem like living-in-mother's-basement or video gamer types of people.  I would love to be proven wrong, but it seems like all bronies that I've seen IRL are losers.  Is this true, or is it just that the better bronies hide the fact that they are bronies?

First of all, I just wanted to point out that I love that the poll is forming a practically perfect normal model right now. Anyways, on topic, don't you think that's a little unfair? I mean, I certainly don't think I'm a loser in real life. I mean, I'm a lifeguard, soccer captain, Senior Class President, a lifeguard, and I am going to be attending an excellent college, I haven't yet decided where I am going to go, although I have already been accepted to the Naval Academy, Tulane, UCLA, USC, and UC Santa Barbara. I think I'm the exact opposite of a loser dude!

Although I do understand, a lot of bronies do seem to be pretty lazy and kind of nonstarters. But again, that's not all of them.

It... really is a bit difficult to judge an entire array of people. I don't think it's really fair to lump everyone together into one giant cluster, so I'm going to go with option three. It's like me making the claim that all trekkies are geeks; there are actually a fair number of genuinely cool people I've met that classify themselves as a trekkie.

Speaking for myself, I work very hard my summer employment and pick up a lot of the slack from my coworkers. Yes, a lot of it is physical labour. It's also a bit difficult to be a basement dweller for me anyways, our basement has a 4 ft high ceiling and floods...

Honestly though I do consider myself quite a lazy person due to me playing a unhealthy amount of video games on a daily basis, but if I had a job I'd be working my butt off all the time.

There's a job called "beta tester". It's technically a person who plays an unhealthy amount of video games on a daily basis and is being paid for it ;)

There's a job called "beta tester". It's technically a person who plays an unhealthy amount of video games on a daily basis and is being paid for it ;)

Haha :D I would so do that if I wasn't already pursuing a job as an animator.

@@Treble Bolt,

woah thank you! XD

@,

and yep.. this offend me too... i know i am lazy because i try to find everysingle way to not sweat during the job.. but the first thing i have in my mind is how to get money.. so.. nope... in this meaning i am not lazy.. but you know what? i dont give a damn about what peoples things about me...

• Brohoof 1

I don't think Bronies are that lazy but I think that a lot of us are more susceptible to problems that other people would easily deal with easily.

I, myself, believe that I am quite hard working. I'm currently in college and I've applied for 7 jobs today alone. I'm dying to work but can't seem to be able to find anything. I think the same would apply to a lot of bronies as finding work is so hard D:

@@Treble Bolt,

woah thank you! XD

@,

and yep.. this offend me too... i know i am lazy because i try to find everysingle way to not sweat during the job.. but the first thing i have in my mind is how to get money.. so.. nope... in this meaning i am not lazy.. but you know what? i dont give a damn about what peoples things about me...

I think it's unwritten rule of any fandom that you can't really be in it and care what other people think about you.

• Brohoof 1