Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your opinion of Alex Jones

Oblivion

In case you don't know who he is, he is a radio talk show host that also has a youtube channel basically dedicated to bashing the government and questioning everything they do, he is also completely against gun control, and believes that many of the shootings we had were staged, or at least hints towards that direction. You might of also seen him debate the topic of gun control on the Piers Morgan show....

Now I am going to keep my opinion to myself for now, but what do you think of they guy, and a really good question would be, what do you think he would think of the brony community? I think that he would probably think that the show was created to feminize the male population so they are less likely to "fight back" against the government or something along those lines, now obviously I don't think that at all as I love the show, but let me hear your thoughts on this guys!

While I am familiar with him, possibly a bit more familiar than I'd care to admit, I'm really not sure what he'd think about the Bronies. There's every chance that he's take a slightly closer look at it and see it for the good that it is. Somehow, I kind of get him as the kind of person that's above the aimless ad-hominem that doesn't advance his standing in any way.

I mostly associate him with his exposure of the Bohemian Grove thing. Still not sure what to make of that.

• Brohoof 1

He can complain about it all that he wants to, but it won't change anything. I think he can speak his mind, as for what he would say about us is that we're a bunch of mindless sheep who will follow behind anyone. But you didn't hear it from me.

His heart is in the right place, but he is not conveying his thoughts in the right way.

Edited by Scootalove

While I am familiar with him, possibly a bit more familiar than I'd care to admit, I'm really not sure what he'd think about the Bronies. There's every chance that he's take a slightly closer look at it and see it for the good that it is. Somehow, I kind of get him as the kind of person that's above the aimless ad-hominem that doesn't advance his standing in any way.

I mostly associate him with his exposure of the Bohemian Grove thing. Still not sure what to make of that.

Okay, this is the part where I slowly start to reveal what I think! :)  I actually do like to listen to Alex sometimes, and he does make some very good points on some very controversial subjects, as far as what I think HE would think of the brony fandom, I think at first glance he might actually find it amusing, and just kind of shrug it off, then he might actually say "The hell with it" and watch a couple episodes, now this is where it might get a little iffy, he would watch it, and then right off hand on the first episode find that it has princesses in it, and that Equestria is ruled by a "Monarchy" instead of a constitutional republic which the U.S., WAS originally supposed to be, then he may or may not come to his own conclusion that the show is trying to "Brain wash" Male adults to be feminist and take orders from a higher power.

OR

It is possible that he might just shrug it off as another crazy internet thing and actually do research on all the different kinds of bronies out their and say "Ya know what if people like the show then that's fine" and just kind of forget about it.

Though I am not gonna lie, it would be pretty interesting to see him do a segment on the topic just to hear what he has to say. :)  And honestly either way he went on the whole brony thing, I really could care less! -_- , I would still listen to him from time to time anyway! :yay:

He's a paranoid sensationalist that, from my view, doesn't deserve a shred of your credibility. Look at how he conducts himself in that "interview", he doesn't allow for any criticism or any sort of genuine discussion, goes off track on insane tangents and relies entirely on straw mans, ad hominem attacks and yelling louder. No composure whatsoever.

He would look at MLP and call it a scheme created by the NWO to pacify the west and eventually take over the world. I would not be surprised to see him claim that in the slightest. It's one thing to be critical and ask important questions, another to be a raving lunatic...

(I'm sorry if that came out a bit strong... I have reasons for my harshness.)

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 3

You mean that loud, boorish demagogue who shows up on television and attacks everything that moves?

Yeah, I guess you can decipher my opinion of him.

• Brohoof 2

He's inginrtly better than the pompus jack ass "interviewing" him.

YES! :yay:  I was just waiting for someone to come out and say it! I cannot stand the way piers "Interviews" People, and then if he doesn't agree with everything his guests says, then he has a little temper tantrum, or completely cuts them off mid sentience while shaking his head and acting like he is SO much more sophisticated than everyone else! :angry:

(edited)

You mean that loud, boorish demagogue who shows up on television and attacks everything that moves?

Yeah, I guess you can decipher my opinion of him.

He wasn't really doing anything that Piers hasn't already done! He stated that the reason he interviewed him the way that he did is because he saw the way Piers treated some of his other guests and more or less refused to be snuffed out. Also, sometimes using a certain tactic during a debate can bring out peoples true colors. I think what Alex may have been trying to do is get under Piers's skin to the point where he revealed his true colors so to speak, unfortunately Piers knew what he was trying to do and stayed calm, instead of calling us gun owners a bunch of "Yankees" or something along those lines.

Here, watch this, this guy does a great job explaining when is the time to stay calm and when is the time to start getting a little loud. Which could also apply to the way Alex "attacked" Piers.

I do think that Alex should have stayed just a little bit calmer in the situation he was in, due to the fact that their was a lot of just causal viewer's, and like the guy said in the above video "If your screaming like a mad man no one will listen". Unfortunately that is a little bit too true, and a lot of people probably saw that and were IMMEDIATELY ignoring what Alex said, just by the way he presented himself.

Didn't Piers get kicked off the air recently, basically for that reason, if I remember right?

Yes he did, he was debating guns too much and a lot of people didn't like that...so, he is off CNN, for now anyway, I still think he may work there, he just doesn't have "his" show. :)

Edited by 0blivion
  • Brohoof 1

I think Alex Jones's heart is in the right place but his approach could use some serious work. He is angry and for good reason and is exposing a lot of very important issues which are being distorted or buried by the mainstream media but the good overworks himself and has trouble keeping his cool and can often come off as incoherent and unhinged making his message seem like the ravings of a lunatic even though most of what he says is unfortunately true. I think Alex Jones really needs to stop trying to place the whole world on his shoulders take a break every now and then and work on trying to more effectively communicate his message as these flaws I mentioned do make it more difficult for him to get his message out there. This may be my personal bias in favor of him talking but I don't think he would care very much about bronies at least not enough to focus too much of them, whether his views would be positive, negative or neutral I honestly have no idea but I doubt he would go out of his way to attack bronies even if his views on them were negative.

• Brohoof 1

He is a tool from the government used to make right wing ideologies look bad.

Yes,  Imo everything he does he means well, he jest takes it a bit far and loses his temper and makes us all look bad. More people would probably listen to him if he didn't come off as such an extremest.

Anyone who tears the government a new one is a-okay in my books :P

EXACTLY! We seem to live in a time where anyone that questions the government is some crazy extremest! Where in reality we NEED more people to stand up and say that enough is enough, though I don't know weather or not the way Alex goes at it is the best way or not....

Alex Jones... Quick to make farfetched references to anything religious or esoteric and acts like he's on amphetamines. That and all his raving and outbursts don't seem to have that much content to them other than getting people alarmed. People do not attain clarity to think around problems properly when their minds are in fight-or-flight mode. What's more, thinking about things in terms of "good and evil" puts your focus on the faces of the problem and they really can seem almost god-like. But thinking of societal problems instead in systemic ways, it becomes clear that the faces behind societal ills are nothing but hollow masks. In other words, they are not the disease but instead just the symptoms. Take out all the "evil people" in high positions and it'll only be a matter of time before they are replaced and it's going to seem like nothing whatsoever changed in the long run. We have to stop thinking that things are going to change but changing the people in power but instead we need to start thinking about different systems.

May I recommend Aaron Hawkins? Known on youtube as the user StormCloudsGathering

• Brohoof 2