Hey all. This is the Maud Pie Fan Club.

So whether you want to talk about Maud:

post-592-0-50163600-1394914045_thumb.png

Or her pet rock Boulder:

post-592-0-29707500-1394914109_thumb.png

Or maybe her wide range of emotions:

post-592-0-37293900-1394914159_thumb.jpg

You can do that here. So yay. :yay:

Anyway, for serious talk, I think Maud was definitely a one-of-a-kind secondary character. I think she really expressed herself a lot for how little she actually did- she's a pony who knows who she is what she wants to do; be around rocks. She's probably the best rocktologist(er, petrologist, I think) Equestria has ever seen. She really loves her sister, Pinkie Pie. She's Maud! :D

medium.png

• Brohoof 38

I knew this thread was going to appear.

I think she was a very strongly fleshed out character for a single episode appearance. Paradoxically, in how flat her character is. She's so one track that in itself makes her stand out. And then you bring in the part where she destroys boulders with her bare hands and she becomes beast.

• Brohoof 13

Maud Pie is so awesome! :lol:

She got some pretty good development for having only been in one episode so far. Now I'm curious...didn't Pinkie have 2 sisters? If so, then I wouldn't mind seeing the other one as well.

• Brohoof 2

On 3/15/2014 at 4:51 PM, Ribbonfree said:

Fool, only Ghostie gets to have that meme. Make up your own. :okiedokielokie:

Let me think about that for a sec...

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

THIS PART KILLED ME. I love Twisted Sister, so I knew right away what that was. What if for the new forum banner, we had Maud with the title "MLP Forums rocks!"?

And just a side note, there's already R34 of Maud... 

• Brohoof 2

Maud is a great example of how to properly introduce a character. ;)

She is third best pony behind Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich.

It's weird that I love Maud. As a Pinkie Pie fan, I've always been the most compatible with ostentatious and vibrant characters. I guess I can personally connect with Maud's introversion and how her actual emotions don't appear as they seem. Pinkie Pie is who I aspire to be like. Maud Pie is who I am like. I swear the Pie family as a whole was made specifically for me.

D'you know what I also like about Maud Pie? The world-building she provided. Being a contrast to Pinkie Pie - who had moved to Ponyville shortly after discovering her cutie mark, maybe even later - Maud Pie's life on the rock farm whittled away her ability to express herself. And when you think about how Pinkie Pie could've ended up exactly like Maud if she had stayed on the farm is some real food for thought! But that makes me love Maud even more - the total rarity of any type of expression on her face makes those very occasional moments (drilling the rock, saying goodbye) all the more incredibly satisfying. When she finally smiled at the end of the episode, I smiled back with a huge puff of mixed relief and joy.

I also find the most amazing appeal to her deadpan humour. You get it a lot in British humour, which I grew up learning to appreciate. Saying "I threw it" in response to RD going "How did you do that?!" made me crack up with laughter. The same with her riveting critique of AJ's cider - "It tastes like apples."  :lol: 

And while we're at it, she is extraordinarily attractive. Hell, looks-wise, I think she might even rival Pinkie. It either complements her introversion, or the other way round...

maud_chan_by_divided_s-d7a9xgo.png

• Brohoof 11

I knew this thread was going to appear.

I think she was a very strongly fleshed out character for a single episode appearance. Paradoxically, in how flat her character is. She's so one track that in itself makes her stand out. And then you bring in the part where she destroys boulders with her bare hands and she becomes beast.

Maud used dig. It was super effective. :comeatus:

THIS PART KILLED ME. I love Twisted Sister, so I knew right away what that was. What if for the new forum banner, we had Maud with the title "MLP Forums rocks!"?

Yeah, I was kinda scrambling for a last image to put in the OP, then I found that one and thought it was a fun reference. Glad someone else got it. :lol:
  • Brohoof 1

Maud Pie is the perfect example of how a pony should think; she's basically oozing energy, emotion, and passion.

Ok, bullshit aside, I swear, this was one badass little pony :D I'm hip to be square :P I liked her more than Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash a lot of the ponies in this show :D In the span of one episode, she kicked so much ass that I think she earned her way into my top 10 favorites list :D

Maud Pie FTW.

maud_pie_by_ink_n_heart-d77z4x0.png

wutwhere

i need a find dis

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 4

@@Radiance64,

That's one of the best images I've seen here in a while. Did you make that, or find it? If you made it, that is some awesome OC.

You mean my avatar? I found it, and it's indeed awesome. Maud is best Rock Master. ;)

Alright, emoticon spam aside, there needs to be more Maud fan art. I don't see enough. I've waited a few hours. Come on already  :okiedokielokie: 

maud_pie_by_kaliptro2-d7aajhe.jpg

good_afternoon_maud_pie_by_johnjoseco-d7

I need mooooaaaaaarr :D

Did anyone find Maud to be a little... stoned?

HUEUEHEUHEHUEHEUHEUE k im done

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.jpg

• Brohoof 7

It was only matter of time before this thread appeared...

I think Maud is quite a unique character. Her blunt punctuality and silent emotions is intriguing. And, let's not deny, when she puts smile on her pretty little face, she's quite the charmer!

She had me laugh quite a few times and I'm not going to just ignore her.

So I'm joining the club.

• Brohoof 3

Now, now, guys, don't take Maud Pie's stony gaze for granite. She's boulder than all of you.

Coal story bro.

Maud almighty, what have I started? XD

• Brohoof 1