Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is G3 of MLP really that bad?

Rarity Paige Belle

I've been ill for the past few days, so I've been having an MLP marathon and I've just finished watching the runaway rainbow. I found it strangely enjoyable. It even had a version of Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash in it!

Edited by Pinkie Perry
  • Brohoof 1

G3 wasn't that bad, but it had some oddities. When it switched to Core 7, the targeted demographic seemed to drop, and when G3.5 came about... yeah that was just *weird*. It appeared to be aimed at toddlers, and involved a lot of experimental art and animation that just didn't click. Especially near the end where they switched to primitive Flash animation.

I thought the cartoons for G3 and g3.5 were cute and innocent. I've seen a lot of hate directed g3.5 in particular coming from the Brony fandom. Hating it seems a bit extreme IMO.

Is it just me or is Pinkie Pie's voice less annoying in g3.5 than g4?

I have seen a lot of hate thrown at G3, it wasn't wow amazing in my oppinion, but I don't think it was that bad: because I don't think G3 was meant for  adults to dig in the first place.

I have one of the DVDs, Twinkle Wish Adventure and I really like the Thing-a-ma-do song, I even uploaded it on my channel: listen out for Pinkie Pie in disguise xD

http://youtu.be/VWrEkBHlt8I

Edited by Asherdangerdash

I have seen a lot of hate thrown at G3, it wasn't wow amazing in my oppinion, but I don't think it was that bad: because I don't think G3 was meant for adults to dig in the first place.

You are correct, in fact it wasn't even meant for older kids. Collectors at the MLP Fair convention asked Hasbro, when G3 cartoons first started showing up; why was it so different from even G1 cartoon and Hasbro representatives told us that they were making the G3 cartoons for much younger children. Ya know, like little kids...like Barny, Thomas the Train and that kinda age group kids.

So any adult or teen or even older kid watching those cartoons are probably gonna get bored...but hating it seems silly. Acting elitist about it is even worse IMO.

So, it's just a really innocent and simple cartoon.

After seeing some of the really graphic and adult themed stuff that some fans make for G4, watching the G3.5 cartoons it is kind of refreshing to be honest.

Edited by KarentheUnicorn
  • Brohoof 2

I think this sums it up.

I do love the art in G3 though (not G3.5). I really never got used to/don't care for G4 art. 

Ok, maybe I'm being an ass but if a person is gonna go through the trouble of making a video to make fun of G3 they should at least do better editing...the editing on the My Little Pony logo at the very beginning of the video is horrible!! WTH...it's all jagged! I mean ya know if you're gonna make fun of something at least make your stuff look better than what you're making fun of! or you just look lazy :P

Please invest in a better graphic editing software whoever made that video ;) your logo editing made my eyes bleed!! :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Yes, G3 is very bad. It is a FACT that G3 (including G3.5) is bad. None of the characters have any real depth, making them uninteresting and/or unlikeable. In order to force the conflict, some of the characters are either incompetent or stupid. (Come Back, Lily Lightly, I'm looking at you.) The conflicts are juvenile, if not nonexistent. Plenty of the dialogue and scenes is incredibly redundant. Plot points get either skipped or added in nonsensically. The morals are mishandled, crappy, and implying something else occasionally. Continuity is disregarded the second the next episode airs.

It's like Equestria Girls without the high school, humor, and lame-brain love interest. Lazy, antifeminist, obviously toyetic crap that spits on the original, bold, family-friendly vision of G1. If you're gonna plug in your toys, don't disrespect kids (especially girls) and their guardians by writing blatant stupidity. The product disrespects its audience, so it doesn't deserve the respect in return. The only improvements from Tales are the animation and the colorful graphics…and G3.5 screwed that up.

If there's one thing from G3 that's better than FIM, it's the toys; but MLP G3 really sums up the toy-first attitude Hasbro has on their franchises.

Edited by Dark Qiviut

Yes, G3 is very bad. It is a FACT that G3 (including G3.5) is bad. 

As much as I hate any previous generation of MLP, to say it's a "fact" that it's bad is incorrect. It's an opinion. If I say it's good that makes me wrong? Ehh no.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, G3 is very bad. It is a FACT

If there's one thing from G3 that's better than FIM, it's the toys; but MLP G3 really sums up the toy-first attitude Hasbro has on their franchises.

Well of course it’s not going to be enjoyable to most teenagers, adults or guys. I’ve heard of people who were young kids at the time say they enjoyed the old gen 3s though.

MLP G3 didn’t have appeal to all ages and possibly all genders, but I don’t think that makes it super awful, it’s just not enjoyable to people who are older because it wasn’t made for them in the first place anyway.

As for the toys, they were larger but I thought they were a bit less cooler, because I bought some xD (yes that was a mistake xD)

Edited by Asherdangerdash
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

First we must the distinction between G3 & G3.5. They are very different form one another. G3 had redeeming qualities such as good animation, decent musical score and competent voice acting. G3.5 lacked all these things and more, so I would appreciate if you would differentiate between the two. 

No G3 is not that bad. I don't look for the same things in G3 I watch for in G4. G3 entertains the youthful part of my brains that still thinks anything fantasy related is still possible. I watch it to chillax dudes. 

img-2986684-1-fuxcue.png

img-2986684-2-qxnv5j.png