Small dogs  

32 users have voted

1. 1. Do small dogs get on your nerves?

• Yes they are annoying...
    • No they are so adorable!
    • I hate pets
    • Cats
    • Catdog

I love just about all dogs. Only dogs I have a problem with are the large ones that get a little too snappy, though that's not a big issue for me. Personally, I do prefer to be around larger dogs, but small dogs can be just as fun. I think it's hilarious that my aunt's chihuahua has a bigger attitude that my oversized lab.

I find big dogs more annoying mainly because they don't ever leave you alone. My friend has a golden retriever. My cousin has a pit bull. And I've met several other big dogs throughout my life. None them would stop sniffing me, licking me, trying to play with me, etc. The worst is when you're sitting down on the couch and they jump on top you. Like, no. Seriously... just... NO.

img-2483134-1-51524f28a8f7c.gif

Seeing as I work with dogs professionally, will be going to dog training school, and own a small dog I have to keep my cool with small dogs. Too much whining/barking however and I may get a big migraine. Big dogs I find harder to deal with since they're harder to control if I have to put them in submissive pose or grab a harness. Personally I've found big dogs way more barky than little ones, not a day goes by I have to go into the big dog area to shut someone up be it the basset or the beagle (and beagles are programmed with the soundtrack of Satan.)

If a small dog goes nuts it's easier to lay down the law. All else fails, usually a spray bottle shot works.

No, small breed dogs do not bother me. I know a lot of people see smaller dogs as mean and constant barkers.

Yes, some are, but not ALL.

My Aunt has 2 small dogs (Chihuahua and a Chihuahua mix) and let me tell you, they are the sweetest things ever. They LOVE being held and they will climb in your lap and just sleep. They aren't mean; and I'm not just saying that because the dogs know me personally. They do great with strangers.

I adore animals of all sizes, shapes, colors, etc.

I can't say that any kind of animal "bothers" me.

Except monkeys...

• Brohoof 1

I have yet to encounter an animal I didn't like (though I prefer to like some from a distance), and I love dogs (and dogs seem to like me as well), size does not enter the equation. Each dog has a unique personality, so it seems weird to me to generalize them based on size. My family had a smaller dog (Cocker Spaniel), and she certainly didn't get on my nerves. She could be a little brat at times, and she was definitely feisty (more so in her younger days),  but it was like having a little sister. Small dogs don't bother me, if anything, they bring back good memories.

To me, it depends on how they are raised. 

I've known some people with the calmest small dogs ever. And then I met people with the most annoying big dogs.

I have 2 small dogs and they are frankly well behaved and cute. Our Chocolate lab is a ditz and does not listen to well, but she is still a sweetie. I think I have only met a few small dogs that I have found to be...rather obnoxious.

Every small dog I've encountered in my life almost always had the instinct to obsessively bark at strangers and would not stop until either would leave their presence. Yes, I do indeed find this annoying and I don't think it's really all that cute like some would think.

I have a friend who has two of them and they would always bark at the door as loudly as they could whenever they hear the doorbell. I would come in and they would continue to do so and would stop a moment later after they've smelled my shoes or whatever. It's bad enough I live with one (my sister's) and I have to fend it off whenever it decides to harass one of our cats.