Small dogs  

32 users have voted

1. 1. Do small dogs get on your nerves?

• Yes they are annoying...
    • No they are so adorable!
    • I hate pets
    • Cats
    • Catdog

Okay yeah this a very strange and random topic I know... 

So out of curiosity though I wanted to know what other people thought. I have always remember having bad experiences with small dogs causing me to hate them now. Maltese, Chihuahua, Shih tzu or shitzu (however you call those things), and yeah etc.... I have always had bad times with these kinds of dogs though.

I can't tell you how much they get on my nerves and I also know that it is the *owners* fault for how dogs are trained. My parents had a dachshund and it was a great dog and I did train it as well. That had to be the only "small dog" that I like though. I generally like: German Shepards, Beagles, Border Collies and Blue Heelers more along the lines of medium sized dogs. 

My grandparents have a maltese and a shitzu... my god are they annoying  :blink: the maltese barks no I am sorry its yapping is so loud and literally tries to bite you if you try and pick it up.

So yeah I was wondering if anyone else shared these same thoughts to small dogs? 

• Brohoof 2

I dislike every type of small dog. They're just so annoying with their high pitched barking at every little thing.

My uncle says chihuahuas are like "an over sized rat on acid". It gets me every time.

• Brohoof 5

Anything smaller than a Labrador usually drives me insane! They never. Shut. Up! I call them "barking rats" and my dad calls them "footballs" (he wants to drop kick them...)

I love Mastiffs, Labradors, Alsatians, Akitas, and Kuvasz. I want a Kuvasz really bad!

biggie_kuvasz_10.jpg_w450.jpg

An adult for size:

Suba8.jpg

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Most dogs are annoying tbh, it's not just the small ones.

I have a small dog but she only barks when she detects an ungreeted stranger at the door, usually when someone's knocking. Whenever we welcome someone into the house she'll just sniff 'em and stuff for like 10 seconds and then just go back to whatever she was doing before.

I actually think big dogs are more annoying.

Edited by LatinoChurro

All dogs are annoying. They always jump on you, lick you, chase you around and attempt to bite you. I'd rather have a small dog though, at least I could throw it over the fence once I got sick of it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My brother had a Chihuahua before it died, has one right now, and is planning to get another one-I HATE those things.

They never shut up, they bite at your ankles, and they are WAY too hyper.

Edited by TimeLordRainbowDash

I absolutely detest the little rats. I've had multiple friends/girlfriends in the past that own them, and as soon as you or anyone else walks in the door they start yapping like crazy. In fact, they just love finding reasons to yap in the first place. It's mind-numbing, I tell ya what Bobby.

If I ever get a dog, I'm going to get a lab or a husky like a real man.

I have a small dog and he practically never makes any noise at all. Unless there's a cat, creature outside, he senses someone/ or car pulling into the driveway or he hears the door bell. He is a little too in your face, like he loves just about everyone who walks in that front door, but other than that adorable.

• Brohoof 1

No, the only ones who are even remotely annoying to me are chihuahuas.

Cats of all kinds are annoying though.

Best thread ever. Small dogs are probably one of my most-hated things  :eww:  And.. I'm sorry but.. they're so ugly and don't even look like how dogs are supposed to look at all. There's nothing dignifying about them and they just look inbred lol.

7357296_f520.jpg

WHAT ARE YOU EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE?

It's not limited to little dogs in my eyes....it's any "yippy" dog (although small dogs are most known to bark at everything). There are large dogs I can't stand because they don't shut up. Small dogs are really tempting to punt. I hate small dogs, but large yippy dogs are just as bad. I guess I hate untrained dogs in general......

Best thread ever. Small dogs are probably one of my most-hated things  :eww:  And.. I'm sorry but.. they're so ugly and don't even look like how dogs are supposed to look at all. There's nothing dignifying about them and they just look inbred lol.

img-2500404-1-7357296_f520.jpg

WHAT ARE YOU EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE?

That is a mop, why are you questioning a common household cleaning tool?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I've grown up with dogs all my life whether be my own pet or pet sitting... and I find that it depends on the breed of small dogs for me.

I have a smaller dog myself (a field spaniel) and he is the quietest dog that I've ever had. He rarely barks at anything!

Edited by Midnight_Melody
  • Brohoof 1

I don't like it when I'm trying to go to bed (or trying to stay in bed and chill), and I hear constant, nonstop barks outside. Almost like hell. Small dogs with high-pitched barks are even worse since high pitches...you know, are easier to hear?

• Brohoof 1