Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

As a Human would you date a pony?

Bendy

As a Human would you date an alien MLP FIM Pony?  

197 users have voted

1. 1. As a Human would you date an alien MLP FIM Pony?

• Yes.
    • No.

They are not from Earth, therefore they are aliens. Also Commander Shepard is disappointed in you for not being a Hunan while dating sapient aliens.

The problem that some people have with getting in an intimate relationship with a pony is (this is my interpretation) that ponies are NOT humanoid. That is, despite being intelligent creatures, they have little to no resemblance to human biology. They may be adorable, intelligent, and sapient, but they still remind us of horses.

Commander Shepard can get into relationships with a variety of non-human species, but all of them are humanoid. This includes Asari, Turian, Drell, Quarian, and even Prothean. However, notice how all of the species resemble humans: they are bipedal, have multi-fingered extremities on both arms (including opposable thumbs), and are capable of intelligent thought. Their body size and compositions still resemble humans, though some more so than others.

Commander Shepard has no romance options for the Krogan, Volus, Elcor, Hanar, Reapers (lol), etc... despite the fact they are all sentient beings. So, to say that Commander Shepard would be disappointed in one's choice not to get in an intimate relationship with an Equestrian species is unfair. It's not xenophilia. It's pure and simple biology.

This is just my own justification as to why I feel this way.

But, like I said, to each his/her own. There's been canon in ME of Krogan+Asari relationships, so who's to say there can't be a Human+Equestrian relationship?

Edited by Syntax Theory
  • Brohoof 3

attachicon.gif3176.png

I mean, if that wanted to take you out on a date, could you really say no? 

My wallet would say no.......

Not when they look real.

img-2533318-1-Realistic.jpg

Call me shallow, but nope. :o

We should probably establish a standard for what the pony would look like.  There's two different extremes going on here.  However, I must say that Fleur de Lis looks pretty good, and the realistic Pinkie Pie is hilarious.

• Brohoof 1

The show-style ponies look good, but how would we (in our realistic world) fit with them in the first place? Either we would change into an MLP-styled form ("Equestria Girls" humans?), or the ponies would change into a form more fitting for our world... like that Pinkie Pie. *shudders*

The show-style ponies look good, but how would we (in our realistic world) fit with them in the first place? Either we would change into an MLP-styled form ("Equestria Girls" humans?), or the ponies would change into a form more fitting for our world... like that Pinkie Pie. *shudders*

Maybe it would be like how the cartoon characters looked in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

• Brohoof 4

But I'm not from China and don't date aliens  :huh:

Err...I'm Chinese, so I'm not sure if that's meant to be offensive or not.  >_>

But no, I'm not dating a pony. I like ponies, but it's just weird to date another species.

I'm only fourteen, so I can't say a whole lot, but I would have to say a whole lot of NOPE. No way... I would love to have one as a friend, but... date? No way, no how... that'd be waaaaaaay too weird. O.O

No. Absolutely not. They may have the mind of humans, but they still are identifiable with equines. I would still consider it bestiality, which although a lifestyle of some, I could absolutely not partake in.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It may not be impossible for them not look pretty in real life, almost like their cartoon selves.

Also something as silly as Ponies existing. They might as well look like cartoon characters made real from another universe.

The problem that some people have with getting in an intimate relationship with a pony is (this is my interpretation) that ponies are NOT humanoid. That is, despite being intelligent creatures, they have little to no resemblance to human biology. They may be adorable, intelligent, and sapient, but they still remind us of horses.

Commander Shepard can get into relationships with a variety of non-human species, but all of them are humanoid. This includes Asari, Turian, Drell, Quarian, and even Prothean. However, notice how all of the species resemble humans: they are bipedal, have multi-fingered extremities on both arms (including opposable thumbs), and are capable of intelligent thought. Their body size and compositions still resemble humans, though some more so than others.

Commander Shepard has no romance options for the Krogan, Volus, Elcor, Hanar, Reapers (lol), etc... despite the fact they are all sentient beings. So, to say that Commander Shepard would be disappointed in one's choice not to get in an intimate relationship with an Equestrian species is unfair. It's not xenophilia. It's pure and simple biology.

This is just my own justification as to why I feel this way.

But, like I said, to each his/her own. There's been canon in ME of Krogan+Asari relationships, so who's to say there can't be a Human+Equestrian relationship?

But the Ponies do look Human, their faces look like a Human's face. Forward facing eyes, expressive eyes and faces. Plus these Ponies got nice flanks.

Also in Mass Effect the Asari have been known to date Hanar. Hanar are not humanoid. Hanar unlike Ponies, I find too damn ugly to date.

No. Absolutely not. They may have the mind of humans, but they still are identifiable with equines. I would still consider it bestiality, which although a lifestyle of some, I could absolutely not partake in.

Calling bestiality to a sapient species would be considered racist.

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 3

No, I can't say I would date a pony.

I agree with you 100% on that.

Edited by Samurott77
  • Brohoof 1

Also in Mass Effect the Asari have been known to date Hanar. Hanar are not humanoid. Hanar unlike Ponies, I find too damn ugly to date. 

But breeding with other species is kind of the Asari's thing, and is how their species maintains genetic diversity. Plus apparently every species seems to think the Asari resemble their own species because of Asari pheromones and other stuff.

But breeding with other species is kind of the Asari's thing, and is how their species maintains genetic diversity. Plus apparently every species seems to think the Asari resemble their own species because of Asari pheromones and other stuff.

So, by your logic Asari can date a Pony, but a Human can't?

So, by your logic Asari can date a Pony, but a Human can't?

I don't really care if humans date magical pastel ponies. 

What I'm saying is, is that is why it's not weird for Asari to be physically attracted to other species and other species to be attracted to them. (At least within the mythology of the Mass Effect universe.)

Dunno if I already posted in here, but I'm going to post again here... no I wouldn't, firstly because it's plain impossible it's a cartoon after all. Secondly it's unethical to me

But the Ponies do look Human, their faces look like a Human's face. Forward facing eyes, expressive eyes and faces. Plus these Ponies got nice flanks.

I don't care how human they may look; to me, they still look like ponies. They still ARE ponies. They have four hoofed legs, a tail, and really big eyes. Probably as big as your hand.

I am a human, I hope to one day find another human mate to form an intimate relationship with.

Bottom line, I don't find ponies to be sexually attractive. They are adorable, yes. Not sexy. Doesn't mean I won't form a strong friendship with one, if given the chance.

Edited by Syntax Theory

(edited)

I don't care how human they may look; to me, they still look like ponies. They still ARE ponies. I am a human, I hope to one day find another human mate to form an intimate relationship with.

Bottom line, I don't find ponies to be sexually attractive. They are adorable, yes. Not sexy. 

Alright, fine. As long as you don't go protesting against Human and MLP FIM Ponies marrying in another parallel universe.

Edited by Rush

Alright, fine. As long as you don't go protesting against Human and MLP FIM Ponies marrying in another parallel universe.

What they'd do with each other is their own business. I don't mind the fact that others would be willing to do so, it's just that I can't possibly feel the same way.  :)

...Excuse me while I remind myself that this is all headcanon and cry inside because ponies don't actually exist.  :(

(edited)

Nope because that would be bestiality, and that's seriously illegal.

Ponies are sapient, therefor xenophilia.

If I didn't like the Ponies, I wouldn't turn them down for that reason.

Edited by Rush