Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you sometimes wish you were a different gender?

TheMarkz0ne

Do you?  

88 users have voted

1. 1. Do you?

• I would prefer to be the opposite gender.
    • I'm fine the way I am
    • I wish I could be both.

I'm a trans man, which should answer the question.  Ever since I started transitioning medically, I've noticed that my confidence has slowly improved and I'm eager to get top surgery because I definitely feel that it'll really help me mentally.  I used to be very bitter that I wasn't born male but I've learned to accept that that's out of my hands and there's only so much I can do with what I've been born with.

• Brohoof 1

Being assigned male at birth, but identifying as bi-gender (which means that roughly half the time my gender identity flips to female whether I want it to or not), I wish that the "curse" from the Spring of the Drowned Girl from Ranma 1/2 was real:  Being able to change my physical sex to match my current gender identity at will would be a huge blessing, but since I can't do that, I'm taking some steps to make myself a bit more androgynous so that I can pass as female easier when I'm identifying & presenting as such.  I also want to get voice feminization training for this reason as well....

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Even though I'm most often content with my gender, I do occasionally feel like I'm somehow in the wrong.

There are things that annoy me about being male, so sometimes I wish that I was a girl. But I feel like if I was actually a girl, there would still be things that would annoy me, only they would just be different (and likely worse) things than what guys have to deal with. So I'm fine with being a guy.

• 4 weeks later...

Some days like now I wish it. But the wish is the kind of wish that you wish even though you know it never happens it's like reaching the unreachable and if you reach it it kinda loses its meaning so you could say that I don't wish it but really I can't put my finger on it it would be the best if I could be both having 2 separate bodies

• 1 year later...

There are times when I wish I were female, I guess sometimes I kind of just feel like I would have been happier or things would have made more sense if that had been the case. I am for the most part comfortable with being male though.

Nope l like who l'm am and l will stay as the gender l was already born with. But sometimes l'm not happy being as a girl, just personal reasons why that l won't tell.

Most of the time, yeah. I'm about as far from society's average male as a guy can get. It's mostly just a bunch of small reasons and tradeoffs I could deal with, but the biggest reason is most big parts of my personality just clash with my gender so much. I've considered transitioning in the past, but it's just not the same, you know?

• Brohoof 1

49 minutes ago, Booker said:

Most of the time, yeah. I'm about as far from society's average male as a guy can get. It's mostly just a bunch of small reasons and tradeoffs I could deal with, but the biggest reason is most big parts of my personality just clash with my gender so much. I've considered transitioning in the past, but it's just not the same, you know?

I feel pretty much the exact same way.

• Brohoof 1

Pretty often i wish i'd been born as female caused by compering myself often to other males. Still though being straight and born as male it's surely just easier to carry on - nowadays i've put much little attention to my gender. It's better to just keep being who you are and not cling only at physical attributes. It is healthy if one, sometimes, goes by "the beat of their own drum".

I would not switch gender unless life depended on it. To me it is the same as a question: "Would you like to redo all of your school years?" or "Would you want to restart your life from 0?". It is really too much work and everything that I have fought for. I am happy the way I am, except I am still incomplete, and life is still going on, so I'll keep enjoying it the way it is! :darling:

• Brohoof 1