Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Oldest video game you've played?

DDV

So, what's the oldest game you've played? I remember the oldest games I've played are Mario for the GameBoy, Fallout 1 and 2, Dungeon Keeper, and Beneath a Steel Sky.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

i think it would be the game Rally Championship. it's from 1989! that's like 6 years older then i am :P

Edited by repsol rave

(edited)

Well I grew up with an Atari 2600 so I played asteroids, space invaders and pong...yeah, aside from playing on an Odyssey, it doesn't really get much older than that since the console was released in 1977.

Edited by Taviscratch
  • Brohoof 1

When I was a little kid, we had an NES. Grew up on Super Mario Bros and The Legend of Zelda. I believe those games came out in 1984 and 1986 respectively. I've also played the old Donkey Kong, but not the 1981 arcade. It was the NES port. It would have been awesome to have played the original arcade, though :D

It's really hard to say exactly. My earlier memories playing games may actually be of Arcade games like Popeye, Tron, Donkey Kong, Q*bert, and Dragon's Lair. At the same time I used to play Atari VCS games like Frogger, River Raid, Pit Fall, and Beserk. There was also a series of games set in worlds based on various elements but I can't remember their names.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

fdfdfdasdaaweawewereererf

Edited by ,,,

Well this depends on if we're talking video games only or not.. If not, then it's "Go" since it's over 2500 years old and is one of the world's oldest board games... Followed by Chess, 1500 years old...

..But if we're just talking video games, The oldest game I have ever played is Pong, followed by Space Invaders (which is one of my favorite classic video games) and maybe Pacman or something.

Pong.png

Space_Invaders_by_joeadonis.jpg

Pac-man.png

• Brohoof 1

Do you mean the first game we ever played or the oldest game played by year of release? Either way the oldest game I've ever played was Pong, but nearly everybody's played that so I'm gonna say Pitfall on the Atari 2600. God, I miss that console.

I own a Magnavox Odyssey but I haven't actually tested it yet, so technically I haven't played it. I think it's funny when people talk about something like the N64 as being "old school."

• Brohoof 2

Thanks to GoG the oldest game I've played is probably Ultima IV.

I mean, I've played some Atari games too like Adventure and Pong but only briefly thanks to an Atari joystick console thingamabob that had like twenty games on it (which doesn't even work anymore, didn't last more than a few months :okiedokielokie: ) but this topic would get boring if everyone just said Pong and Pacman all the time.