Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you get a better experience watching the show live?

Adorkable

19 users have voted

1. 1. Do you get a better experience watching the show live?

• Yay!
    • Neigh.
    • I don't mind either way.

(edited)

Hi! ^^

So, the question is simple! Do you get a better experience from watching MLP when the new episode airs live, or does it not matter, and you can watch it later with the same enjoyment.

I'm not saying that if you don't watch it when it comes on live, that makes it bad, I'm just wondering what you all think.

It's just the thought that while thousands of other Bronies aren't with you, you're all watching the show together. ^^

And then again, some just don't care either way, which both are fine! ^^

I just feel like it brings extra hype, but as I wonder, what do you all think?

Do you get a better experience from watching the show live?

Yay!

or

Neigh.

I usually watch the show later in the afternoons, because I record them on my DVR (I sleep until about 1 pm usually ^^"), but I always make an exception for a premiere or finale! I thought of this question this morning as I watched the premiere. ^^

Edited by Adorkable

I like the experience of watching it live when it first airs than after someone uploads it to the interwebz :D

It just feels more pure that way...like I'm getting the full experience. I'm going to miss waking up on Saturday mornings, brewing a cup of coffee, fixing myself some breakfast, and then sitting down to catch the latest episode right when it airs :D There's a beauty in that, at least, there is to me :D

• Brohoof 3

I like the experience of watching it live when it first airs than after someone uploads it to the interwebz :D

It just feels more pure that way...like I'm getting the full experience. I'm going to miss waking up on Saturday mornings, brewing a cup of coffee, fixing myself some breakfast, and then sitting down to catch the latest episode right when it airs :D There's a beauty in that, at least, there is to me :D

Sounds like the most perfect of ways to begin a Saturday. ^^

• Brohoof 1

I love and perfer watching the show live with everyone else in various chatrooms, sadly tho, Streams can sometimes lagg for me and I really want to see the full glory and pure awesomeness that the show is! So I had to move over to watching it in HD 2 hours after it aired.

(edited)

fdfdsa fd d asd adf  23r2r r2

Edited by plzremoveaccountfdfd

I never watch the show live, since I don't have the Hub. :)

I don't mind waiting. You don't have to sit through the commericals.

(edited)

I always prefer to watch it live on the hub. I'll even take off work to not miss it if possible. I did it for the season premiere and I did it today. There's something special about watching it when it first airs. It's knowing the rest of the community is watching and reacting at the same time that makes it so much better.

Of course, I can't always get off work so I settle for whatever upload pops up first. But as soon as I get home I watch the recording on my tv. The tv screen is way better than my phone's screen for watching.

Edited by FMStorm

I always just youtube it. The adds really annoy me, and having it be network TV, there are a TON of adds. Add to that my work schedule, and I normally wake up around 11 on my days off. It is a lot easier for me to wake up, grab a drink and youtube the newest episode at my leisure rather than getting home from graveyard shift at 3 am, and sleeping for 2.5 hours.

• Brohoof 1

They usually don't broadcast cartoons live, as it's a terrible strain on the animator's wrist.  Heh, that's a little joke.  Points to anypony who knows where I got that joke from.

I wait until the whole season is out on disc, then I buy it and watch through it marathon style.

(edited)

No. i went to a meetup and saw the finale live and I couldn't stand the noise during the episode. I left a minute in. watched the episode on youtube at home and the episode was so awesome. and at that meetup I saw this hyper brony with his pubic hair showing in near his pants

Edited by Shanghai

I prefer watching it live on TV in the morning for the same reason as the OP, although it doesn't make a huge difference to me either way. 

Never had the experience of watching it live :(

My job requires me to be at work 5am every Saturday so I watch it when I get home. I don't feel like I'm missing anything though... And as every pony else already stated: Not having to sit through commercials is a good thing ;)

I have absolutely no way of watching the show when it first airs so I pretty much have to watch it elsewhere or wait for it to come to DVD.

Either way, I hate watching commercials on TV and I'm glad I haven't had any sort of cable, even basic, for over four years.

• Brohoof 2

No, I get a better experience watching the show on YouTube or Dailymotion or wherever I can find it. I hate having to sit through commercials, they annoy the heck out of me. And if I leave to do something else, then the show has usually already started again by the time I get back.

I've only seen it live on TV once with a friend and it was awesome I don't have the Hub and my parents would definitely not add it to the plan even if I paid for it, but when I did see it live it was so nice and I was able to enjoy it more fully it seemed although I'm fine with watching it later on the youtubes since that's the only way I get to see it.

I've only seen it live on TV once with a friend and it was awesome I don't have the Hub and my parents would definitely not add it to the plan even if I paid for it, but when I did see it live it was so nice and I was able to enjoy it more fully it seemed although I'm fine with watching it later on the youtubes since that's the only way I get to see it.

Just to play Devil's Advocate...

How much of the added experience was from seeing the show live? And how much was from watching it with your friend? I will freely admit that watching it with a friend would be awesome; but alas, I have no irl friends who like ponies ;)

I have never watched an episode live. I haven't tried to either.

I don't really care as long as I see it. It is my own experience anyways. But I do see the joy of the atmosphere it brings watching it "together" with all the other bronies.

Just like playing and exploring a new game that just released, and being part of the discovery process together with other people  :lol: