Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Discord reformed for good?

Hovershy

72 users have voted

1. 1. Will Discord Betray the ponies again?

• Yes, he is still disloyal
    • No, he is reformed for good

(edited)

Do you think Discord has fully embraced the magic of friendship, or do you think he will betray the ponies again in season 5?

Edited by Hovershy
  • Brohoof 2

I think he is completely reformed and found the magic of friendship. All though I think in season 5, he might have a relative or familiar person he knows going against the ponies. Either that or there will be a new rivalry. :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I would guess that it's not possible to truly reform Discord. If given enough incentive, he would betray the ponies again. I think the ponies should seal Discord in a distant corner of Equestria so he could be free but separate from the rest of the world.

But I couldn't answer the poll because Discord was never evil. He is a spirit of chaos, meaning that he is completely neutral in regards to the good/evil spectrum.

Edited by Silver Letter
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

he's accepted at least. before any time he tried to hug them they'd try and squrm out his grasp. at the end, not only did Twilight bring him into the group hug but they all smiled when he embraced them

Edited by Malinter
  • Brohoof 2

I think he's reformed for good, now that even the rest of the Mane6 now accepted him. I still expect a plot of secondary characters distrusting him though 

Only time will tell. Elsewhere I posted that the Mane 6 betrayed Discord well before he betrayed them, so it is up to the Mane 6. Twilight Sparkle finally showed him an act of friendship, but unless all of them actually live up to their words, he could turn again. t is possible, but I doubt it will for three reasons: Discord was stung by a false friend (Tirek), and will likely be more wary in the future; he has finally been shown an act of Friendship from the others, not just Fluttershy, so their relationship can develop some meaning; and finally, from a script-writing point of view, Discord betraying them again would no longer have the same surprise value as a plot twist. 

• Brohoof 1

Yep, the key wouldn't have worked if he hadn't changed.

The poll question being the opposite of the topic title almost made me pause ... you tricksie hobitses!

• Brohoof 2

Pretty sure he is reformed. Of course I think he'll be mischievous around them, only in a playful way though. :P He did give Twilight that key as a genuine sign of gratitude for her having him released when she could've left him as he sort of deserved. (Also I think he may have a thing for Celestia...)

• Brohoof 1

One of the main ideas of mlp fim, is that people NEVER change.

We saw evidences. Rainbow Dash especially, or Fluttershy. And now we saw same with Discord.

People never change.

Subtle growth has happened in all characters. It's not displayed 100% of the time as their flaws also help to drive plot, theme, create tension and add realism.

Fluttershy said it best ... Baby Steps

And Luna represents change more than any character in the show -- multiple levels of change

• Brohoof 3

I believe so, yes. This encounter with Tirek has taught him the lesson first-hand the value of friendship in the worst possible way to learn it, but an effective one nonetheless. He was always one bad day away, as they say, from turning back to his old ways before, but after the events of the finale, I can't see him making the same mistake again.

• Brohoof 2

I think he's going to be loyal from this point forward, but still mess around nonstop. Just more friendly.

He's going to go from the dude who trolls people for the lulz to the dude who trolls people in a more friendly way :D

It's Discord, he will always be the random Draqonequus-of-a-wizard he is, but even before he turned "evil" again he helped twilight with research. He is probably like captain Sparrow and always knows it will turn out in the end.