Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Post your unpopular opinions

Lord Theoretical

I'm an MLP fan, this is an MLP forum not a 'brony' forum. I should be welcomed here. You are contradicting love and tolerance. I just do not like having the 'brony' label. 

Don't feel too bad. I'm in the same boat! When I joined this forum back when it started this forum wasn't called a "Brony forum" just a "My Little Pony" forum. The term wasn't forced on anyone, and we "liked" posts not "brohoofed" them.

Liking My Little Pony does not make you a Brony. No one can force a fan title on anyone.

• Brohoof 3

I'm pretty sure I've already said this, but a lot of the opinions in this thread aren't unpopular.

OT: Aside from the controversy surrounding it, American Sniper was a kinda mediocre movie, especially for Clint Eastwood. I expected a lot more from it and felt kinda let down.

I'm fine with Roman Reigns winning the Royal Rumble

I went to my brother's house to watch the Royal Rumble with a couple of his buddies. I rarely watch and I only occasionally follow wrestling, but I thought it was hilarious how negative the reaction was to Reigns winning the Rumble. You know you screwed up when you have the audience booing THE ROCK. Not even the most popular wrestler in history could save that ending. My problem with it was that they eliminated all the other possible winners so early that it became painfully obvious that Reigns would win near the end. Once it was Kane and Big Show left in the ring with him, it just became a slow race until Reigns inevitably won.

• Brohoof 1

I went to my brother's house to watch the Royal Rumble with a couple of his buddies. I rarely watch and I only occasionally follow wrestling, but I thought it was hilarious how negative the reaction was to Reigns winning the Rumble. You know you screwed up when you have the audience booing THE ROCK. Not even the most popular wrestler in history could save that ending. My problem with it was that they eliminated all the other possible winners so early that it became painfully obvious that Reigns would win near the end. Once it was Kane and Big Show left in the ring with him, it just became a slow race until Reigns inevitably won.

Not to mention how anti climactic guys like Bray Wyatt, Dolph Ziggler and Dean Ambrose got tossed out by Kane and Big Show, I mean, there was like NO resistance from them.

• Brohoof 1

I would personally give that award to Crash Bandicoot: Warped. 

But of course, opinions!

If you want to know my Favorite Games Per Generation:

1st: Uhhhhhh

2nd: ET (not kidding)

3rd: Mega Man (any of them)

4th: Chrono Trigger

5th: Fallout 2

6th: Morrowind

7th: Xenoblade

8th: Too soon to tell

Thinking about it, I feel like MLPForums' tournaments (or tourneys as I call them) are kind of just a giant flame war waiting to happen. You usually have 2+ ponies that both have huge fanbases who are probably just as determined for each other to win to tourney.

I mean, WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

• Brohoof 6

Thinking about it, I feel like MLPForums' tournaments (or tourneys as I call them) are kind of just a giant flame war waiting to happen. You usually have 2+ ponies that both have huge fanbases who are probably just as determined for each other to win to tourney.

Must I bring up my blog on why best pony tournaments are civil wars?

• Brohoof 8

I might accidentally list one I've already posted here. Bear with me.

• The FNAF craze is getting really old.
  • Frozen is really, really overrated.
  • The Pokémon franchise is just getting worse and worse.
  • Granola bars are gross.
  • So are brownies.
  • Cinnamon rolls are the best thing ever.
  • So are corn dogs.
  • Potatoes are best vegetable.
  • Brohoof 2

Liking My Little Pony does not make you a Brony.

I thought that the very definition of the word "brony" was Fan of MLP + Above Target-Demographic Range and/or Male.  If that isn't the definition, can you tell me what is?

Potatoes are best vegetable

Actually, potatoes are now in the same category as grain, rice, pasta---wait, am I not supposed to make comments like that here?

• Brohoof 2

This is the same reason why I try to avoid Death Battle topics and anything regarding them. That shit's a time bomb 

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 3

I thought that the very definition of the word "brony" was Fan of MLP + Above Target-Demographic Range and/or Male.  If that isn't the definition, can you tell me what is?

No one can create a fan title and define it in such a way that everyone under a certain criteria is one. It is a choice of identity.

Besides, lets get real here... There were older MLP fans long before the "Brony" phenomenon. Yes, even male ones.

• Brohoof 2

John Cena is the cancer of the pro-wrestling business. Over the past 10 years, he has been protected time and time again in his matches, winning almost all of his matches and burying talent like Damien Sandow, Alberto Del-Rio and the Nexus in the process. If he loses, it's always because of stupid reasons.

People think Twilight Sparkle is a mary-sue? think again.

• Brohoof 1

Republicans and Democrats are almost exactly the same (big government through war, or big government through welfare).

Governments are terrible, we should get rid of them all.

Capitalism is good and it is the reason why we can have all these great things like computers, MLPF, and muffins!

All the problems that people attribute to the "free market" are actually due to interference with the market economy.

(sees a lot of political opinions...)

oh uhh... math is fun! And tests are exciting (math tests are the best).

• Brohoof 6

Republicans and Democrats are almost exactly the same (big government through war, or big government through welfare).

Governments are terrible, we should get rid of them all.

Capitalism is good and it is the reason why we can have all these great things like computers, MLPF, and muffins!

All the problems that people attribute to the "free market" are actually due to interference with the market economy.

(sees a lot of political opinions...)

oh uhh... math is fun! And tests are exciting (math tests are the best).

So Wall Street being de-regulated, again, and banks being allowed to gamble with your money, again, is a good thing? Last I checked, they tried that last decade and it didn't work out so well.

Just putting it out there.

That said, math is, in fact, beautiful.

• Brohoof 1

I like Superman more than Batman. People say Superman is a mary sue, but I think Batman is an even bigger mary sue with his whole ''he can do anything because he's Batman'' shtick 

• Brohoof 2

So Wall Street being de-regulated, again, and banks being allowed to gamble with your money, again, is a good thing? Last I checked, they tried that last decade and it didn't work out so well.

Just putting it out there.

That said, math is, in fact, beautiful.

I'm not sure exactly what "Wall Street" is referring to (is it generally referring to the rich companies in the US and the buying and selling of stocks? If so then no, that shouldn't be regulated).

Any sort of government interference is bad. It creates unintended distortions of incentives, such as in this very situation.

I'm sure you've heard of the government "bailing out" these banks, right? The banks lose any sort of risk or responsibility and instead make incredibly bad/risky investments. If these risky investments pay off then the bank will profit. If the investment fails, the bank is bailed out. The original incentive for the bank to make safer choices (if they risk too much then they can fail) is now gone, so it actually makes sense that a bank would make that choice in such a situation. This one of many examples of a government action creating unintended consequences.

Hopefully what I'm saying makes some sense ^^; I'm not really one to go and look up statistics and examples as much as just thinking through things myself with logic. I can try to look up some things if you have more questions though! ^^

• Brohoof 1

One consequence of the bail-outs, however, was legislation preventing them from using consumer deposits as investment capitol. Legislation that was just rolled back.

Meaning they're free to take the same risks. If they pay off, bully for the banks, I'm not seeing a cut. However, when those investments tank, I'm definitely going to feel that.

Capitalism, like Marxism, is great in theory. In practice, its subject to all the same pitfalls. Either way, Joe Nobody gets the shaft.

One consequence of the bail-outs, however, was legislation preventing them from using consumer deposits as investment capitol. Legislation that was just rolled back.

Meaning they're free to take the same risks. If they pay off, bully for the banks, I'm not seeing a cut. However, when those investments tank, I'm definitely going to feel that.

Capitalism, like Marxism, is great in theory. In practice, its subject to all the same pitfalls. Either way, Joe Nobody gets the shaft.

I'm not quite sure of the details of how banks and these investments operate, but I'll try my best to respond.

Legislation preventing certain voluntary actions can only be bad. Similar to Prohibition in the US, the War on Drugs, and minimum wage, preventing voluntary interactions between people only harms everyone.

In this case, it falls along the lines of competition as well. Banks could have this certain quality of choosing to use "consumer deposits as investment capitol." In a free market, consumers would have the choice between banks that have this quality and banks that don't (not quite sure how this currently applies in the US and in most places in general since banks tend to be heavily regulated by government). As long as there are any incentives for either side, then it's similar to any other competition between businesses.

If most people would prefer a bank that does not use consumer deposits, or uses them only in the certain way the consumer wants, then the bank that fulfills these qualities would get more customers and thus increase profits. Banks should have an incentive to most closely fulfill a consumer's needs, and the only reason a bank wouldn't have that incentive is if a government interferes to distort it.

Capitalism works because everyone's "greed" helps everyone to get what they want. A company wants profits, and to get profits you need more customers. To get more customers, the company's product needs to fulfill the customers' needs. Thus companies have an incentive to make what's best for the customers.

Okay. Here we go:

-Spider-Man 3 and Amazing Spider-Man 2 were great

-Seth Macfarlane is the greatest comedian of his generation

-SpongeBob makes no sense. How is there snow underwater? Why do they drink water? They need water to breath in Sandy's house, yet manage just fine on land, away from water in the new movie.

-Family Guy is one of the funniest comedies to grace the television screen.

-People thought the dance scene in Spider-Man 3 was stupid, and yet no one complained about Star Lord dancing to Come and Get Your Love in GOTG.