Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you believe in Faeries, Pixies, Brownies, Unicorns, etc?

Adachi

(edited)

I've been doing a lot of reading, and have read something interesting. There are supposedly 7 upper realms of creation that have the heavenly beings who inspired different religions, then there are the 7 lower realms, which start below us. On the first level of the lower realms are the Good Folk (collective name for all Faerie type beings), and on the 2nd level are Thoughtforms, Great Wizards, Dragons, and other powerful benevolent beings. Anything at 3 or lower is scary, or even dangerous, because they contain random discarded thoughts, nightmares, urban legends (including every scary version of what the afterlife is supposed to be), etc.

I do believe that these beings exist. There are many stories where both children and adults have run into the Good Folk, and there is one story where a crew was gonna build a runway, but a Faerie Circle was in the way. When they tried to remove it, workers started becoming too ill to work, and machinery kept breaking down. When they finally decided to build away from the Faerie Circle, everything went smoothly.

Edited by He-Man
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I dont believe they exist in this world, no. But i do believe in the Multiverse theory(Think thats what its called) So i believe they might exist in different dimensions, or just really, really, really far away in the universe.

And isnt Brownie a cake? : P

Edited by Bradley-MysteryLord
  • Brohoof 3

I dont believe they exist in this world, no. But i do believe in the Multiverse theory(Think thats what its called) So i believe they might exist in different dimensions, or just really, really, really far away in the universe.

And isnt Brownie a cake? : P

They're a type of Faerie, but they're more like house spirits. They're probably what "The Borrowers" was based on.

(edited)

Sorry, I only believe in brownies.

brownies.jpg

I'm a brony after all. ;)

sorry couldn't resist

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 5

Brownies are real, I'm eating one now.

However, I honestly don't believe that Wizards or Dragons really exist.

It would be cool if they did, though. I would go so Dovahkiin on their butts.

No I don't believe in any of it :P

To me it's all just... well, made up creatures from fairy tales :P

(edited)

Sadly, I think these creatures don't exist.

If magic was real I would try to learn it, of course.

:o

I bould be so Doctor Doom if these things were real.

:D

Edited by KoGy

I don't believe in the Fae, or any magical beings, any more than I believe in Sasquatch or Godzilla.

>Not believing in Godzilla.

:eww:

In Japan the weather broadcast usually says:

Today: Cloudy, with chance of giant rampaging monster.

:derp:

• Brohoof 1

As far as I understand things, faeries and pixies are the same thing, and they don't exist.

Of course brownies exist, and they are delicious!  I prefer them nut-free.  I'm pretty sure that this thread isn't referring to the food, but it's the only one that I'm aware of (except for Cleveland Browns fans and as another term for cloppers).

Unicorns do not exist.  The idea of these came from the discovery of a random narwhal horn found on a Greek beach.  I've heard some referring to a "creature" in the Bible as possibly being a unicorn, but I think that's a bunch of bunk derived from wishful thinking.

(edited)

As far as I understand things, faeries and pixies are the same thing, and they don't exist.

Of course brownies exist, and they are delicious!  I prefer them nut-free.  I'm pretty sure that this thread isn't referring to the food, but it's the only one that I'm aware of (except for Cleveland Browns fans and as another term for cloppers).

Unicorns do not exist.  The idea of these came from the discovery of a random narwhal horn found on a Greek beach.  I've heard some referring to a "creature" in the Bible as possibly being a unicorn, but I think that's a bunch of bunk derived from wishful thinking.

Yes, but how did they get the idea of connecting it to horses? How did they get the idea of connecting it to purity? If they found just the horn, then there was nothing else to connect it with (if anything, they would've thought it came off some kind of rhino), and if they found a whole skeletalized narwhal, they clearly don't look like horse skeletons. I'm still confident that those who made stories about these beings, unconsciously tapped into their realm for inspiration. There have been many legends of dragons all over the world, around the same time, and when the different cultures of the world were isolated from each other. And most of these dragon legends were very similar. Also, archaeologists have found unicorn paintings in caves, that date back to caveman times.

Edited by Shogun Megazord

Yes, but how did they get the idea of connecting it to horses? How did they get the idea of connecting it to purity? If they found just the horn, then there was nothing else to connect it with (if anything, they would've thought it came off some kind of rhino), and if they found a whole skeletalized narwhal, they clearly don't look like horse skeletons. I'm still confident that those who made stories about these beings, unconsciously tapped into their realm for inspiration. There have been many legends of dragons all over the world, around the same time, and when the different cultures of the world were isolated from each other. And most of these dragon legends were very similar. Also, archaeologists have found unicorn paintings in caves, that date back to caveman times.

I have my theory on the dragons, but going back to the unicorns:

Cavemen weren't limited to drawing what they saw; they had imaginations, too.  Just because it was on a wall, it doesn't mean that it happened.  They could have been stories created to entertain children, or simply something to make their cave walls less boring.  It could be possible that these cave drawings may have been known by earlier (from our perspective) cultures, and finding these horns could've validated them.  Even today, narwhal horns will occasionally wash up onto shores alone.  Every now and then, they will fight each other or different creatures, and the horns will break off.

First off, any theory that has the "Good Fey" in a "lower" realm is suspect to me as to it's origin.  I mean that scenario you said had all of the religious stuff on upper realms and all of the other stuff on the lower realms.  Why would unicorns be on a lower plane?  That just does not make any sense to me at all.

• Brohoof 1

I do, but in other universes, as basically everyone else has said. I wish I had a way of traveling to said universes, but sadly I don't.  :( I'd go there in an instant and leave this place behind. I'd be a great sorceress. 

I have my theory on the dragons, but going back to the unicorns:

Cavemen weren't limited to drawing what they saw; they had imaginations, too.  Just because it was on a wall, it doesn't mean that it happened.  They could have been stories created to entertain children, or simply something to make their cave walls less boring.  It could be possible that these cave drawings may have been known by earlier (from our perspective) cultures, and finding these horns could've validated them.  Even today, narwhal horns will occasionally wash up onto shores alone.  Every now and then, they will fight each other or different creatures, and the horns will break off.

Yes, but I hardly believe that cavemen were capable of understanding things such as purity and beauty, they were more concerned with clubbing in the heads of their dinner/enemy tribes and surviving. So they had to have seen one to know to draw one, because a primitive savage is almost incapable of understanding such beauty. And I believe that cavemen (or at least ancient people) drew things mostly to keep records, although also to pass on traditions. And all traditions have a glint of truth.

I do, but in other universes, as basically everyone else has said. I wish I had a way of traveling to said universes, but sadly I don't.  :( I'd go there in an instant and leave this place behind. I'd be a great sorceress. 

What would you do with your magic?

:)

@,

What if I told you, the fair folk are the same entities are the grays.

Distorded bodies, messing with people.

Same thing different point of view.

:okiedokielokie:

Oh how much I hate them.

(edited)

I believe in the Nac Mac Feegle. The wee free men are as real as you or I, and ten times as ornery. If you ever see a cow running backwards without moving it's legs, it's a sure bet that four of the Nac Mac Feegle fancied a little beef for supper!

(Each one picks up a hoof, and runs like hell! They're very strong.)

nacmac.jpg

Edited by cuteycindyhoney