Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The night is darkest before the dawn

Creamy Arty

Fillies and gentlecolts of MLP Forums, it is with great pleasure that I now announce a new addition to... no that's not quite right.  He's not new at all! Dawn Rider has been a valuable member of the staff and a friend to many for a long time. Most of you should know who he is by now. :huh:

During his tenure, he has continuously assisted in capacities beyond those required, offering and providing aid in areas outside his "jurisdiction." In short, he's helpful and proactive, and he knows the ropes. For this I am pleased to announce his... reassignment to the moderation team, where' he'll continue to render assistance as he always has, yet shall now be able to stand guard against whatever forces run afoul of our community.

Besides his helpful nature and experience, there is one other very important consideration here — he's an Aussie! Meaning an increase in coverage during a time when most of the others are at work, school, or asleep! How many times has he messaged me on Skype while I was working to take care of some flame war or troll incursion that he was both capable of and available to handle? Over 9000 would be a conservative estimate. Not any longer. His promotion comes as a relief to us both in this regard. :lol:

Welcome also Troblems to the same role, although her focus will be primarily the Roleplay section. In her time there as Poniverse Staff, she's pulled more than her own weight in keeping the place organized and on-task, proving vital to the development of Equestrian Empire, while proving herself to be a very friendly and approachable person. We're grateful for all the hard work she's done to date, and hope that her new position as a moderator will help her to take Roleplay World to even greater heights. Thanks, Troblems! :squee:

• Brohoof 23

Congratulations to Troblems and Dawn Rider! I know they're really good at what they do, so I don't need to wish them luck at atll. :)

• Brohoof 3

Facepalm at that thread title, seriously, you couldn't think of anything else?

Anyway, it's my pleasure to join the team who I've worked beside for the past year as a Tech Support Donkey, throwing report after report at them like it was a hot potato. Now, I get to have said potato's thrown at me, and I couldn't be happier to accept said potato's...apologies for saying the word potato alot.

I look forward to getting to work serving the people of our great community besides such a fantastic team made of up some of my greatest mates.

• Brohoof 12

All the better to troll you with, my dears.

She's already started trolling me...
  • Brohoof 1

Anyway, it's my pleasure to join the team who I've worked beside for the past year as a Tech Support Donkey, throwing report after report at them like it was a hot potato. Now, I get to have said potato's thrown at me, and I couldn't be happier to accept said potato's...apologies for saying the word potato alot.

I look forward to getting to work serving the people of our great community besides such a fantastic team made of up some of my greatest mates.

Were you recently updated to PotatOS as well?  :muffins:

• Brohoof 3

Were you recently updated to PotatOS as well? :muffins:

Just...no

If Dawn Rider doesn't type out the warnings he gives in the most Australian way possible, I'm going to be very disappointed.

I promise I'll make as many references to "barbies" and "snags" as I possibly can.
  • Brohoof 7

Looks like anyone can become a moderator these days. Sheesh! >_>

Glad to have you two aboard! It was just a matter of time.

• Brohoof 2

Glad to have you two aboard! It was just a matter of time.
Seems your text somehow got really small, I fixed it for you.

Seriously though, its a pleasure to be aboard the love boat team.
  • Brohoof 2

Seems your text somehow got really small, I fixed it for you.

Seriously though, its a pleasure to be aboard the love boat team.

I wanted everyone to pay attention to my skepticism, not my adulation and praise. :P

• Brohoof 2

The first words that come to mind are welcome aboard but you've already done so much work it's like you guys have been aboard along. 

Congrats and remember that with great power comes great responsibility.  :)

• Brohoof 3

A little late, but better than never, right? ^^

Congrats, Dawn. After quite a long time waiting, it seems you've finally earned your time in the spotlight. Enjoy it, you've totally earned this wonderful promotion.

Same to you, Troblems. I've never spoken with you much, but I know your husband almost got hit by a deer. Yikes!

• Brohoof 4

Gosh,nowadays everyone can become a mod.Maybe I should do something too... :I

Anyways,welcome aboard.I didn't had chance to talk with Troblems yet,but Dawn Rider is definetly a good guy,and he'll be responsable enought for his new position. :)

Welcome to the Staff,and I hope that your new duties can help to improve the experience on this meanie forums :P

50d.jpg

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I knew that this day would come, congratulations to both, Troblems and Dawn Rider! :D

Time to celebrate, and remember!

spider-man-ethics.jpg

I might have stolen some top secret staff files, don't ask why.

Edited by Scootalove
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Many hearty congratulations to both Dawn Rider and Troblems!  While I don't know Troblems all too well (mostly because I don't RP), I'm pretty well acquainted with Dawn Rider and know that he's a fine, upstanding fellow.  I'm sure that you'll both do excellently in your new positions and wish you all the very best!  I also pledge to be on my best behavior myself for the staff in general, just to make your lives easier, and to continue to encourage other members to do the same.  Keep up the great work guys!

img-2745544-1-awesome.png

Are you kidding me?  THAT'S THE GREATEST THREAD TITLE HE COULD'VE POSSIBLY CHOSEN!!!  :o (of course, I may be just a bit biased  ;)).

Oh, also that current avatar of yours is full of all kinds of swiggity swag!!!  B)

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 4

There is no doubt in my mind that Dawn Rider and Troblems are more than capable of excelling in a moderation position. It invigors my spirit to have their assistance with what is a worthwhile and rewarding albeit challenging and massive job. 

Dawn Rider is not only incredibly active overall, he is active during a time of the day we really need more online moderators, so it'll be great to have him available to help out on that front when many of us are asleep or otherwise unavailable. I've wanted him to be a moderator for some time, so it's great to see that coming to fruition.

Troblems has done a lot of great work with Roleplay World, including Equestrian Empire. I have no doubt that she will continue doing an excellent job rendering assistance with that endeavor as well as general moderation.

In conclusion, I wish you the best, Dawn Rider and Troblems. Know that I am always here if you need help or support with anything, moderation or otherwise.

• Brohoof 7

So happy to see such deserving and well-equipped people promoted to those positions! I love that MLP Forums (and Poniverse) takes staff promotions so seriously; it makes all the difference in the world to have rounded, understanding individuals in positions of power, rather than users who are more apt to abuse it. Congrats you guys, I wish you live! :D

• Brohoof 5

I'm posting late because I found the greatest reaction image ever and this thread is a perfect excuse to use it.

But seriously Dawn, good job. Now, change your name to Dawn Guard please.
  • Brohoof 1

Zero effort was put into this, I suggest a ban.

All in favour? :3

• Brohoof 1