Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Feminist Club!

Jennabun

The difference is showing, for example, violence against women in a problematic light. If the media depicts violence against women but also demonstrates how this is Not Okay, that's one thing. But if it glorifies it etc., then obviously that media is sexist crap. :)

I would also take issue with a show that ignores women, for example magically including no women in a main cast. -_- That's an issue because women need to be represented.

on the first point, I agree. Violence against women - or ANYONE - should never be glorified, ever.

however, if a show was specifically about men (i.e. the Full Monty (great movie, I'm sure you would like it)) then of course there shouldn't be women in the main cast (supporting cast should have some though.) keep  in mind that there are shows that exclude men from the main cast as well. (i.e. Mean Girls, Mary-Kate and Ashley)

• Brohoof 2

The difference is showing, for example, violence against women in a problematic light. If the media depicts violence against women but also demonstrates how this is Not Okay, that's one thing. But if it glorifies it etc., then obviously that media is sexist crap. :)

I would also take issue with a show that ignores women, for example magically including no women in a main cast. -_- That's an issue because women need to be represented.

All humans should be represented aa they are and not how this patwhetic soviety tells us all to bescrew fashion screw make up screw masculinity men dont need to be hulking behemoths and women dont need to be plastic barbies. Its good to be opinionated but as soon as people feel the need to attack on a womans sex or mans sex and claim they must behave like this or that it becomes a very disgusting insult. Be who you are not as people tell you to be and for violence against women and men unprovoked that is utterly fucking sick and the one responsible should be brought to there knees and made to beg for forgiveness the same way there victims beg for them to stop it fucking angers me beyond anything. My apologies for the language. Its about time we all grew up and stopped this individual crap and started being more along the lines of we are together as a people and have a strong equal unity. I tire of living in ansociety bound by gender roles and discriminate bull.

• Brohoof 1

A villain will always glorify in a way the violence he/she does regardless.

And what should i say about fim not having males as main cast? Its just how the show works. There are shows and media that put men in a negative light sometimes... See the Drow Matriarchial society that treats men like Drizzt Do'Urden like second class citizens. Or the Amazons. Yet those are interesting... Why do you think? And no its not because they show matriarchial societies. On that note matriarchy is no better than patriarchy.

Its not feminism that strikes out shows as good. Its the struggle for what's right... You for example would consider feminist friendly "The legend of drizzt" because it encourages a gender to not conform to the role given to it. The truth is however that its not the only kind of struggle. Its also the racism struggle, the good vs evil e.t.c.

What i mean to say is that if e.g. in avatar the last airbender you only see the man vs woman struggle you are missing out a lot by wearing your feminism googles.

On another note you could call my OC Artemis Featherclaw a kind of feminist friendly individual. If you however told her she is one she would say "I am who i am. I am Artemis. I fight for what's right... If feminism does that then so be it... But i will not restraint myself to just that."

• Brohoof 2

Oh and btw you should all watch or learn about Lysistrata the Ancient Greek theatrical play about an early comical depiction of the battle of the sexes in the struggle for peace.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysistrata

It is all in all a great play if you are interested in male-female struggles.

I am trying to understand if you guys are looking for feminist-friendly shows or if you are looking for a gender struggle oriented show.

• Brohoof 1

Some other shows that I think are feminist-friendly besides MLP, PPG, and Sailor Moon (I'll mark the ones which are cartoons with a star - unfortunately I don't know a whole lot - but I know of some good non-cartoon ones): Once Upon a Time Avatar The Last Airbender* (haven't personally watched it, but I've heard wonderful things!) Parks and Recreation Buffy the Vampire Slayer Mad Men Daria* Orange is the New Black The Mindy Project Nashville

I know this is a bit of an old post, and i'm a bit late possibly to respond to it, I figured I'd chime in on the feminist friendly aspect of "Avatar the Last Airbender" as much as I can. (Partially because I just finished watching it recently, and thus remember it fairly well, and I am currently watching The Legend of Korra, Both are awesome, and I love Avatar for multiple reasons, but regardless, this isn't a fanboy over Avatar thread xD.)

So I don't know entirely what would be considered feminist as far as a show goes, or if a show even has feminist themes for sure, partially due to the fact I kinda still am lacking in my knowledge in regards to the non-radical feminists(radical feminism, there isn't much to know ;p.) plus add in the fact I am male, and honestly I just don't pay attention to certain things as much as someone who is a female would, because I am a male, and thus typically the things don't offend me(Not trying to say I'm not for feminism, I'm just saying I feel I don't think about it quite as much as a male.) 

But there are really only two main characters who are women in the show(There are several other females, and a few show up fairly frequently, but they don't really get a ton of character development until near the end of the show really.) the first character who is female is Katara, and she is present from the start. Honestly I don't find her to be the stereotypical girl though most of the time. She is quite independent, and will, and has, kicked some serious butt in the show. She is far from weak and helpless. 

She is also quite optimistic, and courageous(her optimism annoys some people who have watched the show, and I'll be honest, there is a few cases where it's a bit eh, but off topic.) 

She is a bit motherly though if we're looking at some more feminist traits, as she tends to be the one in the group telling the others they shouldn't do this because they could get hurt, ect. 

And she also has a caring side, which I guess could be considered stereotypical feminist, but honestly I don't feel caring is a stereotypical female trait that much, and it certainly shouldn't be if it is really. The other characters all have caring sides too, and I don't think males caring should really be that obscure, but i'm getting off topic a bit...

Really I don't find Katara to be to stereotypical at all, but that is my personal analysis on her.

Now minor spoilers, of a character who doesn't show up till Season 2.

there is also Toph, she is honestly not stereotypical feminist at all in my opinion, she is a big tomboy, and while she has a slight bit of female aspects to her, she's mostly all tomboy. 

So I don't feel there's much to talk about with her.

As for specific feminist themes in episodes, there is honestly only one I can think of. And that is Episode 18 in the first season, "Water Bending Master". (I think that's the episode, I may be wrong, it's been a little bit since i've seen it.) 

Again, spoiler warning, as since I'm talking about the episode, there might be well, a feel spoilers, I'll try not to spoil to much(Especially because Avatar is an awesome show.)

Anyways, spoilers for episode 18 of Season 1. Nothing to detailed, I tried my best ;p.

Basically in the episode, Aang(The main character) and Katara are both going to be taught waterbending by a waterbending master. However, the waterbending master(I forget his name...) will not teach Katara the same waterbending as Aang, because she is a girl, and it is against his tribes traditions. He tells her that girls use learn to use their waterbending for healing, and the males learn to use it for combat and other things. Katara is obviously furious with this, and tries a bunch of things to get by this rule.

Eventually, she decides to duel the waterbending master, and while she does lose the duel technically, she puts up a really good fight, and in the end after some other things, the waterbending master agrees to teach Katara. 

Katara then ends up mastering waterbending before Aang. And the other master grants her the title of master basically.

And that basically covers all the major feminist aspects I can really think of in the show. Honestly I can't really think of any really girly characters in the show, but I wouldn't say the show necessarily outright supports feminism, I suppose it depends on how you look at it, it's still an awesome show that you should all watch if you haven't already(The Legend of Korra too, if it means anything Korra's main character is a female.)

I may have forgot some things, as it's been a bit since I watched the show, but I felt like nerding out, and explaining things about the show since you said you had not watched it.

So hoped I provided some insight. I think regardless you should go watch Avatar, because it is awesome, and you'll be able to make your own judgement, but yeah.(I really like Avatar if you can't tell ;p.)

• Brohoof 1

And that basically covers all the major feminist aspects I can really think of in the show. Honestly I can't really think of any really girly characters in the show, but I wouldn't say the show necessarily outright supports feminism, I suppose it depends on how you look at it, it's still an awesome show that you should all watch if you haven't already(The Legend of Korra too, if it means anything Korra's main character is a female.)

I guess I should clarify what I mean by feminist-friendly tv/movies. I consider feminist-friendly shows, essentially, to include interesting, well-rounded female characters that are fully explored as opposed to existing merely as tropes or objects of sexual desire. These shows don't need to have overt feminist messages like PPG and Sailor Moon; like, the shows don't have to be all "THIS SHOW IS ALL GIRL POWER 100% OF THE TIME woo, watch us dismantle sexism!!!!1111" Rather, I just want to see women portrayed in a refreshing, novel way. I want to watch well-written, well-acted women who real women can relate to.

however, if a show was specifically about men (i.e. the Full Monty (great movie, I'm sure you would like it)) then of course there shouldn't be women in the main cast (supporting cast should have some though.) keep in mind that there are shows that exclude men from the main cast as well. (i.e. Mean Girls, Mary-Kate and Ashley)

Just a note here, since I've seen quite a few people say stuff like this: first, I don't automatically dislike shows with a dominantly male cast. Admittedly, some of my favorite shows have an entirely-male or primarily-male cast (I tend to like goofy comedies, which are very male-centric: think Anchorman, 40 Year Old Virgin, etc). So nobody is saying that you can't watch shows with a male cast or that shows with a male cast are automatically, inherently bad shows. But are those shows "feminist-friendly?" Most of the time, probably not... but "not feminist friendly" doesn't automatically mean "not worth watching."

I just like knowing whether a show aligns with my feminist values because I definitely am more likely to watch it if it does. For me, I don't limit myself to feminist television or movies, but I do seek feminist shows out in addition to the non-feminist stuff I watch simply to encourage more of it. A lot of the time, shows with a primarily female cast are looked down upon and seen as frivolous and dumb compared to shows with a primarily male cast. I like to try and disprove that notion by making a conscious effort to seek out shows with feminist themes or talented female casts and support those shows by watching them, buying them, paying to see them in the theatre, etc.

• Brohoof 3

If being a "feminist" means advocating for equal rights for women O.o   (Which I've always thought they had in the modern US) then everyone should be feminist.

There are two problems with me having this stance:

1.)  I do not believe in feminist extremism, to the point of denying rights from men or any other subgroup of people for the purpose of "compensation."

2.)  I do not believe in abortion, not because I don't value the human rights of the woman, but because I do not see it as a human right to take the life of a developing human unless for emergency purposes.

So because of this, I do not know if I would be considered a "feminist," even though I do strongly support social, economic, and political equality for women.

Also, I do not wish for women to give up their "femininity" on the basis that this will somehow make them equal to men.  If you're a girl who cares about how you look, you shouldn't have to change your ways because some people see you as an object of sexual desire.  The same goes for men.  If you're a guy who believes in equal rights for women, you shouldn't have to give up your "masculinity" to try and appease some big feminist cause.

I do believe Masculinity and Femininity to be inherent parts of nature.  If everyone looked, acted, and dressed as some neutral gender with the false pretense that they were appealing for equal rights, people would lose some of their individuality.

Edited by John
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I'm a feminist.

I've always treated everyone with support and gratitude. We should all be equal. In fact you can see on my profile the one thing that I live up to everyday.

"Just because we're different doesn't mean we should treat each other differently."

That phrase of mine goes for anything but for the focus of what this thread is I especially believe women should not be treated differently. A gender identity does not change who a person is inside. I've seen plenty of females that are strong and awesome! So it's a shame to see that even now they are not exactly treated equally. I always include the female side and acknowledge them when necessesary.

I quite like interacting with all you females as well. I think you're interesting, smart, strong, and in some cases much better friends than a lot of guys I know. I get along with females better honestly. I still see everyone equally and have nothing against guys but I just find that women often present professionalism and knowledge to quite a major extent more so than any guy I know at my high school. The fact they still get treated the way they do is upsetting. In fact gym is probably where I get upset the most about the "goals" you should reach. I hate seeing how almost every requirement for the girls is a lower standard than the guys. Sure they have their scientific reasons for it but I honestly believe and have seen girls at my school go far beyond even the guys's standards! It always impresses people and I love to see that.

So yeah. Go females! Strive for those equal rights like the awesome people you are. ^^

• Brohoof 4

Well, I'm a feminist.

I've always treated everyone with support and gratitude. We should all be equal. In fact you can see on my profile the one thing that I live up to everyday.

"Just because we're different doesn't mean we should treat each other differently."

That phrase of mine goes for anything but for the focus of what this thread is I especially believe women should not be treated differently. A gender identity does not change who a person is inside. I've seen plenty of females that are strong and awesome! So it's a shame to see that even now they are not exactly treated equally. I always include the female side and acknowledge them when necessesary.

I quite like interacting with all you females as well. I think you're interesting, smart, strong, and in some cases much better friends than a lot of guys I know. I get along with females better honestly. I still see everyone equally and have nothing against guys but I just find that women often present professionalism and knowledge to quite a major extent more so than any guy I know at my high school. The fact they still get treated the way they do is upsetting. In fact gym is probably where I get upset the most about the "goals" you should reach. I hate seeing how almost every requirement for the girls is a lower standard than the guys. Sure they have their scientific reasons for it but I honestly believe and have seen girls at my school go far beyond even the guys's standards! It always impresses people and I love to see that.

So yeah. Go females! Strive for those equal rights like the awesome people you are. ^^

I definitely agree with you on this but its the same for men. We are expected to be strong all the time and pretend to be these brute beings and chase women and so on. We both get ideas thrown at us and made to believe its how we should be accept thats utter crap as ee can be anything and deserve the right to be able to fulfill our lives away from what people tell us is the norm. Also we are bronies and pegesisters so we already break the rules.:-)

• Brohoof 3

If being a "feminist" means advocating for equal rights for women O.o   (Which I've always thought they had in the modern US) then everyone should be feminist.

There are two problems with me having this stance:

1.)  I do not believe in feminist extremism, to the point of denying rights from men or any other subgroup of people for the purpose of "compensation."

2.)  I do not believe in abortion, not because I don't value the human rights of the woman, but because I do not see it as a human right to take the life of a developing human unless for emergency purposes.

So because of this, I do not know if I would be considered a "feminist," even though I do strongly support social, economic, and political equality for women.

Also, I do not wish for women to give up their "femininity" on the basis that this will somehow make them equal to men.  If you're a girl who cares about how you look, you shouldn't have to change your ways because some people see you as an object of sexual desire.  The same goes for men.  If you're a guy who believes in equal rights for women, you shouldn't have to give up your "masculinity" to try and appease some big feminist cause.

I do believe Masculinity and Femininity to be inherent parts of nature.  If everyone looked, acted, and dressed as some neutral gender with the false pretense that they were appealing for equal rights, people would lose some of their individuality.

A common misconception is that there is equality when there is not and that is true all around the world. Discrimination still exists, especially in the United States, it is just a lot more subtle than it was.

Few people are outwardly sexist, primarily because of how much stigma there is now for overt discrimination, but institutional discrimination still exists wherein an institution is defined as not just a literal building but societal standards as well.

For example, 17.6% of women are raped annually determined from a sample size of 8000 compared to 3% of men (https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles/172837.pdf).

Rape is never a good thing, against men nor women, but it's pretty clear that, even accounting for lack of self-reporting in men, women have a much higher percentage chance of being raped.

I think it's good at this point to address the issue of "privilege," which you may have seen on tumblr used nearly as an epithet against you or others. It is also used incorrectly.

Many social justice people make privilege into an individual thing which it just simply isn't. We are all different with different experiences. What privilege actually is are the institutional benefits provided to a group at the expense or in place of another group. Male privilege includes the privilege to be less likely to be raped. That does not mean that no men have been raped, despite what extremist feminists who use the term privilege may have you believe.

The abortion discussion is one I'd be happy to have with you as well but I feel this should be discussed one issue at a time.

Oh, also, I'm a feminist. In case anyone were wondering :P

I definitely agree with you on this but its the same for men. We are expected to be strong all the time and pretend to be these brute beings and chase women and so on. We both get ideas thrown at us and made to believe its how we should be accept thats utter crap as ee can be anything and deserve the right to be able to fulfill our lives away from what people tell us is the norm. Also we are bronies and pegesisters so we already break the rules.:-)

This is true, and we should all strive to eliminate gender stereotypes as much as possible. The issue with highlighting  the things men are denied though (as opposed to discussing them in tandem with women's problems), is that our major issues where inequality is rampant concern custody of children in divorce cases and paternity leave. Women's major issues involve being paid less and being raped. 

Both sides need to be fixed, absolutely, but it definitely seems like women are getting the rawer end of the deal.

Edited by Silverrida
  • Brohoof 5

Oh no you're certainly right there! I agree. I just focused myself on the topic of the thread. But yes men definitely receive standards as well that are unfair.

The post above also pointed something out that is also true. Women do indeed get the "rawer end of the deal."

Edited by Felix
  • Brohoof 3

Alrighty, the thread has been cleaned up.

Let me once again make this clear though:

Do not argue, debate, or have in depth discussions into the merits of feminism in this thread.  Consider this more of a place to connect with feminists than a place to discuss feminism in any great detail.  No criticizing feminists, no criticizing non-feminists, and no criticizing radical feminists.  Just keep this a place to discuss feminist friendly media, trends in the feminist movement, and more personal anecdotes about feminism.  That way statements are less likely to cause a debate.

If someone does go off topic or is argumentative, don't engage them.  Even pointing out that they are going off topic is backseat moderating and violates the rules of this site.  Instead, simply hit the report button and pretend that their post isn't there, because it probably won't be in about 10 minutes.

I don't want to lock this thread, but like I said in my last reminder, I need the people in this thread to help me if this thread is going to stay clean.  If you have any questions, shoot me a PM.

Thanks!

• Brohoof 5

Lets start the thread off again with a article showing why Feminism is still needed.

http://chrismilloy.ca/2012/01/transgender-people-are-completely-banned-from-boarding-airplanes-in-canada/

Why is this article feminism related?

It is related to feminism because imagine being a transgender or transsexual person who has their ID changed  but is still detained because whats in your pants doesnt match your ID even with your top half doing so.

this demonstrates why feminism is needed to help this comunity and end the discrimination and hate on all levels because imagine if you were on a trip to canada and couldnt return home because of this or you were a canadian wanting to travel or move to a less discriminative place for your health and safety.

Edited by @Vinyl Scratch
  • Brohoof 2

Wow. That's mildly insane. If it's actually enforced, that would effect a decent number of trans folks I know that have no intention of undergoing any sort of surgery, one of whom is planning on moving to Canada in the next few years. Here's hoping that reasonable minds will come out on top. x_X

Rape is never a good thing, against men nor women, but it's pretty clear that, even accounting for lack of self-reporting in men, women have a much higher percentage chance of being raped.

To add to this, not only do they have a higher chance of being raped, but in many situations they'll run into a lot of hurdles in trying to bring the rapist to justice, and could themselves suffer consequences in attempting to do so, or in simply reporting what occurred, particularly at colleges and similar places where sexual assault runs massively rampant. 

So...

Both sides need to be fixed, absolutely, but it definitely seems like women are getting the rawer end of the deal.

This is something that cannot be stated enough.

• Brohoof 2

Since the thread is open again I want to apologize for my contribution in getting it closed temporary. I am so incredibly sorry and did not mean for it to happen at all. I can only hope for your collective forgiveness.

Anyway, yeah, the hurdles for bringing rapists to justice are pretty obscene. The whole innocent until proven guilty thing is inherently going to make the process difficult but it seems to be a little more difficult when it comes to women prosecuting men for rape. It's awful. 

• Brohoof 3

Since the thread is open again I want to apologize for my contribution in getting it closed temporary. I am so incredibly sorry and did not mean for it to happen at all. I can only hope for your collective forgiveness.

Anyway, yeah, the hurdles for bringing rapists to justice are pretty obscene. The whole innocent until proven guilty thing is inherently going to make the process difficult but it seems to be a little more difficult when it comes to women prosecuting men for rape. It's awful.

Nobody is stupid enough to hold grudges here.

Thats your opinion. It all depends.

So... Anyone watched/read Lysistrata? Oh btw i am Greek that's why i kinda insist on that play. Its an important part of ancient greek culture.

Here's another thing. Originally lesbians were women from the island of Lesvos. Crazy shit.

you arent the only one as I kind of dragged myself into the fold aswell so yeah ill extend my apologies aswell. I know the subject of rape is a massive issue but if we continue that path well lose the thread and ill lastly say for us guys we fear ridicule if it happens to us. It tears your whole world apart and you never get over it completely. I know this personally and thats all I wish to say.

• Brohoof 1

Wow. That's mildly insane. If it's actually enforced, that would effect a decent number of trans folks I know that have no intention of undergoing any sort of surgery, one of whom is planning on moving to Canada in the next few years. Here's hoping that reasonable minds will come out on top. x_X

To add to this, not only do they have a higher chance of being raped, but in many situations they'll run into a lot of hurdles in trying to bring the rapist to justice, and could themselves suffer consequences in attempting to do so, or in simply reporting what occurred, particularly at colleges and similar places where sexual assault runs massively rampant. 

So...

This is something that cannot be stated enough.

it sadly is enforced and has been proven in other stories
  • Brohoof 1

I guess I should clarify what I mean by feminist-friendly tv/movies. I consider feminist-friendly shows, essentially, to include interesting, well-rounded female characters that are fully explored as opposed to existing merely as tropes or objects of sexual desire. These shows don't need to have overt feminist messages like PPG and Sailor Moon; like, the shows don't have to be all "THIS SHOW IS ALL GIRL POWER 100% OF THE TIME woo, watch us dismantle sexism!!!!1111" Rather, I just want to see women portrayed in a refreshing, novel way. I want to watch well-written, well-acted women who real women can relate to.

Just a note here, since I've seen quite a few people say stuff like this: first, I don't automatically dislike shows with a dominantly male cast. Admittedly, some of my favorite shows have an entirely-male or primarily-male cast (I tend to like goofy comedies, which are very male-centric: think Anchorman, 40 Year Old Virgin, etc). So nobody is saying that you can't watch shows with a male cast or that shows with a male cast are automatically, inherently bad shows. But are those shows "feminist-friendly?" Most of the time, probably not... but "not feminist friendly" doesn't automatically mean "not worth watching."

I just like knowing whether a show aligns with my feminist values because I definitely am more likely to watch it if it does. For me, I don't limit myself to feminist television or movies, but I do seek feminist shows out in addition to the non-feminist stuff I watch simply to encourage more of it. A lot of the time, shows with a primarily female cast are looked down upon and seen as frivolous and dumb compared to shows with a primarily male cast. I like to try and disprove that notion by making a conscious effort to seek out shows with feminist themes or talented female casts and support those shows by watching them, buying them, paying to see them in the theatre, etc.

Oh, well if a feminist friendly show is more so about not portraying women in an objective manner, then i'd say Avatar is pretty darn feminist friendly.

Thank you for your clarification Jenna!

• Brohoof 1

Oh, well if a feminist friendly show is more so about not portraying women in an objective manner, then i'd say Avatar is pretty darn feminist friendly.

Thank you for your clarification Jenna!

which avatar the movie or cartoon? because id say the avatar movie was quite the keeper when it comes to the abuse of cultures and as for the cartoon last airbender i havent watched it yet but saw nights movie of it which from what i hear didnt do it justice. the graphics of the elements i have to agree are somewhat nasty so yeah but compare last airbender to his other movie the village and you have a winner as the village was pretty darn stupid. the work was lazy and half assed like m night couldnt care less and looked like that director was it ball his last name was? loves to destroy franchises like what happened with resident evil.

by the way on that michelle rodriguez is quite well shes like rainbow in that shes awsome and appears to be a femenists dream girl. :-)

which avatar the movie or cartoon? because id say the avatar movie was quite the keeper when it comes to the abuse of cultures and as for the cartoon last airbender i havent watched it yet but saw nights movie of it which from what i hear didnt do it justice. the graphics of the elements i have to agree are somewhat nasty so yeah but compare last airbender to his other movie the village and you have a winner as the village was pretty darn stupid. the work was lazy and half assed like m night couldnt care less and looked like that director was it ball his last name was? loves to destroy franchises like what happened with resident evil.

by the way on that michelle rodriguez is quite well shes like rainbow in that shes awsome and appears to be a femenists dream girl. :-)

A feminist's dream girl? *scratches head* i dont quite catch that.

Btw Avatar the movie is nice, Avatar last airbender movie is lame.

• Brohoof 1

A feminist's dream girl? *scratches head* i dont quite catch that.

Btw Avatar the movie is nice, Avatar last airbender movie is lame.

i meant she never portrays the stereotypical female liking every guy she sees in movies and off screen from what i have seen. shes like a tom boy if you pardon me saying that. like i said shes like rainbow dash. maybe its just her characters but she does the bad girl thing so well.

PS i apologise for my lengthy messages i do tend to rattle on. bad habbit and also my net is playing up so im trying just now to say what i can. if i seem to say anything that may seem a bit upsetting to you please let me know. :-)

Edited by chaos rains
  • Brohoof 1

Yaaaaay the thread is back again! Thank you for your work Simon. I will do that in the future instead of engaging. Thank you for giving us a safe space to discuss. :)

• Brohoof 4

So, this has been bugging me lately, and I figured I'd share my thoughts here.

The thing that's been bugging me is this idea that a girl can only be one type of girl. For example, a girl can be feminine, tomboyish, geeky, etc. but they can't be all at once. And that idea bothers me. I really like flowers and pink and other feminine stuff, but I also like staying up all night chugging soda, eating pizza and playing video games. I could talk about geeky stuff like the intricacies of Pokémon battling all day. So, yeah, just wanted to say that.

• Brohoof 5

When I loggfed on and saw this thread, I was brought to tears... thank you for making it possible to disscuss with fellow pony lovers about feminism, and helping other realize its importance!

Beautiful work!

*hugs*

• Brohoof 4