Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Other shows Bronies would like

jish55

So, over the past few days, I was sitting back and relaxing after work, and one day I came across something on youtube that was actually fairly well done. The thing I'm refering to is the Ever After High webisodes. Now, I was unsure about it, and thought it would be meh, but gave it a shot (cause seriously, we're bronies, we watch MLP that is "supposedly" meant for little girls. Now I will say some parts do fall short, but all in all, it was pretty well done, fairly funny, and focused on a few things that weren't bad. I mean unlike MLP, I won't be running off and buying the toys for this show, but I'll still watch it because the characters are decent (be it the daughter of the mad hatter who holds a fairly similar personality to pinkie pie, or Raven who shows she's not trying to fallow in the footsteps that are laid out for her, but to find her own path. Than there's Pinochios daughter who litterally cannot lie even if she wanted to, etc). So Now I ask you this, what other shows have you all seen that were meant for a certain group, but you still enjoy?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Wander Over Yonder, I think it's a great show with fun running gags and songs, plus it's created by Craig McCracken and written by Lauren Faust, so their cartoon-making philosophy is pretty palpable and because of Faust's hand in there it shares a lot of it with MLP.

Edited by RainbowMau
  • Brohoof 3

Wander Over Yonder, I think it's a great show with fun running gags and songs, plus it's created by Craig McCracken and written by Lauren Faust, so their cartoon-making philosophy is pretty palpable and because of Faust's hand in there it shares a lot of it with MLP.

I second Wander Over Yonder, I never saw that show until my S.O. and I went on vacation and ended-up watching the Disney Channel a bunch. That show is choice, it's got that balance of ridiculous and adult-humor that made Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends so good.

Definitely Gravity Falls, or Steven Universe. The first because that show is one of the best cartoons right now, and SU because it's a heartwarming yet humorous show with a great cast of characters and interesting plots.

Very interesting choices indeed, and I guess I'll have to check out a few episodes of each (tho I've seen a bunch of adventure time and PPG) lol

But come on other bronies, lay down the shows you actually like, maybe it will introduce us to even more shows that we may of thought we wouldn't like but could grow to enjoy/love.

(edited)

Well everyone said things I was going to say.

I'll say The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (it has several spin-off shows that I can't attest to, but the original movie is fantastic).

Winnie the Pooh actually reminds me a lot of MLP, being that it can be enjoyed by all ages, has well developed and memorable characters and has a lot of funny and clever humor

Edited by LZRD WZRD

I actually can't stomach most children's cartoons anymore.  I don't know what it is, I think I have just seen the same basic plot threads a million times before and just don't feel like going through them again.  MLP can get away with predictable plots because I really like the characters and the show is usually pretty good at adding its own spin to those plots. 

One cartoon I can recommend however is Avatar: The Last Airbender.  Arguably some of the best western animation ever made.  This is a work of art, definitely worth seeing.

The Powerpuff Girls. Seriously, anyone reading this right now who hasn't watched this show recently needs to see it. It's amazing. Freaking hilarious, and with so much adult humour and violence it's less of a "little girl's show" than MLP. Bronies can definitely appreciate this show, as the writing and humour is very clever, the voice acting is awesome (one of the Powerpuff Girls, Bubbles, is voiced by Tara Strong :D . Plus, Tom Kenny is the narrator), and the Powerpuff Girls are very cute. What more could you want?

I actually can't stomach most children's cartoons anymore.  I don't know what it is, I think I have just seen the same basic plot threads a million times before and just don't feel like going through them again.  MLP can get away with predictable plots because I really like the characters and the show is usually pretty good at adding its own spin to those plots. 

One cartoon I can recommend however is Avatar: The Last Airbender.  Arguably some of the best western animation ever made.  This is a work of art, definitely worth seeing.

If you want to avoid predictable plots—try Adventure Time. That show probably has the most unpredictable plots I've ever seen, in any show not just cartoons.

Well, I'm going to change the direction a little and say Rick & Morty.  Definitely not for children, and defnitely not at all similar to MLP.  About as far as you can get, really.  But...well...who wouldn't  love that show?

• Brohoof 1

Invader Zim?

Victory! Victory of ZIM!!!

I'm not sure that actually brony friendly or not, but i love it :wub:

Fairly Oddparents is pretty amusing too. Not MLP:FiM, but good. Usually I watch anime, so... My Neighbor Totoro?

I again recommend Gravity Falls, especially since the 2nd Season is coming August 1st!

And, if you love Flash animation, you can't go wrong with Homestar Runner. It's free, and infinitely accessible through the internet on its own website or youtube. Check it out: www.homestarrunner.com/firsttime

Well, for something action, I'd go with Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go! The title sounds silly, but there is one hell of a show behind it.

For some good humor, I'd go with the Monty Python-esque touching of Blazing Dragons and the slapstick-laden Angry Beavers.

Adventure time works pretty well although I have not watched many episodes it's humor is good the writing is silly yet well done and so on so yeah it's all I got however MLP is always gonna stay on top for me.

• 7 years later...
  • 1 month later...

From looking around here, it seems Hazbin Hotel, The Owl House, Duck Tales 2017, and SpongeBob SquarePants are the shows.

For me, I like Steven Universe, and.... Yea, still waiting for Hazbin Hotel. :maud: