Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do YOU Think of School?

Celestial Panzerhund

80% of high school is generally pretty pointless in my opinion. The only reasons I liked it were band and my friends (who are also in band.)

College is different though. Here, people actually act pretty maturely, and assuming you picked a major you're interested in, classes are useful once your gen ed's are out of the way.

Just stay inside at night or you might get jumped.

School: (noun) /skool/ 90% of the education being wasted to set you up for an career that only used 10% what you've learned.

I would have been far better off without it.

Being trapped within the confines of an elevator with a group of flatulent skunks has more appeal to me than school.

Although, I can only really say that in reference to the secondary school that I attended (also the college I breifly I went to). I know that other people obviously went to different schools and had a far different experience with it all. But my secondary school really wasn't a nice place. If you were a good student who worked hard and obeyed the rules you were automatically a villain at my school. It automatically made you a target of the... more empathetically challenged students. As for the teachers, they could be a mixed bag. Some were nice, but then there were others that had no business being teachers. A steaming pile of bum nuggets has more value than my old school and that college I went to.

That is as polite I as I can go in summing up my experiences with school.

Now if you will excuse me for a moment...

*disappears behind a rock to burst into flames*

RAAARGH!!!

*reappears*

All better!

I think- I know that Finland does school much better than the United States. Morgan Spurlock’s Inside Man dives into their practices. I recommend giving it a watch.

School is something I have mixed feelings about. I enjoyed the social aspect of it, but I hated most of the classwork because of how boring and mundane it was. I liked a couple of classes, be even they were a bit disappointing in some way.

Edited by Cash In

School is evil. It's an institution that takes impressionable and previously well-adjusted kids and turns them into a maladjusted mess of traumatized victims. And those who manage to rise above the misery of bullies, bad teachers and meaningless memorization will come away with a lot of information they'll likely never use. It takes too long to teach too little, it teaches the wrong things and it has the wrong approach to what it does attempt to teach. It's a stupid, antiquated approach to education that should be done away with forever. 

I didn't really enjoy it, but less due to the classes and more due to the PEOPLE. Seriously, the kids in my class were downright obnoxious, irritating... I couldn't tolerate all the freaking talking. 

Also, Common Core is terrible. I almost failed Algebra because I was too smart. That's backwards I must say.

God it sucksss, I don't really have anything agaisnt the things they teach. Yeah they're useless but whatever. The thing I hate is that they expect you to sit in the same room for an hour studying something dumb, and its worse when you have a problematic kid like me with anger issues, I had to leave my old school because I kept getting into trouble and I have to go to a school with a program to help kids like me but they DON'T, its full of kids way worse than me destroying the resource room while the teachers do nothing about it. But I don't really mind the core classes though. Just boring and useless.

Before I was all for school. But then I realised its all a big scam to steal your money. School is basically a day care for kids and teenagers. I grew up in the 90s when teachers where hit or miss. As such, I found some kids new stuff in middle school before my school peers did. I remember learning about the periodic table and the kid next to me said "I did this in 5th grade at my school."

In todays world, you can literally teach yourself a new language without meeting face to face with an instructor. You can learn about any disease you want, as most medical journals can be found online. There are games, GAMES, that teach you to: Drive, cook, draw, build a PC, diagnose and repair cars, ETC.

Im just waiting for the rest of the world to catch on to the fact that paying more money then you'll ever see in your life for a piece of paper that says youre smart, is a huge scam.

• 2 months later...

At first school is fine and innocent but then it's just becomes an cycle of endless torture that you can't escape from.

Edited by R.D.Dash

• 8 months later...

I hated school until I started going to college. Better atmosphere in college for me so far. Due to me feeling more comfortable I actually really enjoy learning.

On 1/24/2019 at 3:59 PM, Dustlicious2020 said:

I didn't really enjoy it, but less due to the classes and more due to the PEOPLE. Seriously, the kids in my class were downright obnoxious, irritating... I couldn't tolerate all the freaking talking. 

Also, Common Core is terrible. I almost failed one six weeks period of Algebra because I was too smart. That's backwards I must say.

Still have to say this. The people were the biggest downside to school. A lot of my classmates were downright obnoxious and it made it difficult to concentrate. The drama was also childish and downright ridiculous.

And yes, I did almost fail Algebra (well, one six weeks) because I was too smart. I don't know how I was the only one who didn't like that teacher. :dry: She must have taught Common Core before it even became a concept... And I disliked her quite a bit for it.

Edited by Dustlicious2020