Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who's NOT a fan of the humanized MLP characters?

CosmicHooves

I personally am not a big fan of the humanized versions of the characters in the show.

And I'm not just talking about the fan art.

I'm also referring about the "Equestria Girls" movie.

I am sorry, but you cannot take a character like Rainbow Dash and convert her into a human without it looking awkward as hell.

Either she will have blue skin or she'll have Rainbow colored hair.

Both look strange on a human.

Personally I think all the characters look their best as ponies.

Not humans.

Edited by Emerald Starlight
  • Brohoof 9

I like some of the humanized fan art, as well as the anthro type stuff.  Some of it is actually quite beautiful.  But I agree that the EG characters look very awkward and weird.  I might have been able to get into EG if they did it as a good quality anime or something.  I mean, I still don't care for the idea, I'm just saying that it would have been better than the way it was done.  I just didn't like the animation style.  Those girls just looked so weird.  I think it would have been better if they weren't colored like their pony selves.  Just make them all the way human, you know?  So, basically, I'm pro fan art, but don't like EG.

• Brohoof 2

Alot of the anthro ponies I see drawn are very oddly made, with proportions of their bodies getting into Silent Hill monster design territory. I do not mind some of the anime styled human designed ponies, but I do not enjoy the design of the EqG characters as they are human but have the same bodily proportions as the FiM ponies, a set of body sizes that makes the characters look very tall and awkard.

I personally do not enjoy most humanized/anthro designs, but if done will in a style I enjoy I can find them good.

• Brohoof 1

I like humanised ponies. Seeing ponies getting humanised give them a lot more personality, from clothing to hair style. Same goes for anthro ponies. :D

The Equestria Girls do look a little weird, though. Especially Rainbow Dash, her blue skin makes her look like her an alien. -3-

Edited by Mienshao
  • Brohoof 1

Humanized ponies look fine, depending on the sort of characteristics that are depicted; like blue skin, and red eyes do look a bit strange. 

However saying that, despite saying that I would not watch Equestria Girls because the mane 6 looked so creepy and unusual, I actually did watch it and eventually got used to them. At least to a degree, Rainbow Dash still looked very creepy. Anthro ponies on the other hand, no I do not like them. No matter the circumstance really. 

• Brohoof 1

This is the only humanised MLP character I really like (asides from Sunset Shimmer but I see her more as a human character already)

Equestria_Girls_Applejack.png

Yeah... Not a fan of human mlp either. Especially EG, at least the fans TRY to make the guys look masculine. Sorry Hasbro, this one goes to the ACTUAL pony fans, not the dollmakers.

I have no desire to see Equestria Girls. Sometimes I look at the artwork and think it's OK, then I realize, no.  :lol: 

Anime form, then my mind changes...  :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Eh, I don't really care for humanized/anthro ponies, but I can't say I hate them. I'm pretty indifferent on it.

However, I will say that I don't like the Equestria Girls designs. I mean, this was a thing. Also, is it just me, or does Rarity's hairline look like it's severely receding from some angles?

Rarity-EqG-hairity-35339484-1920-1080.pn

• Brohoof 1

I really disliked it at first, even hated it, especially the dolls. Now I still hate the dolls, but tolerate the girls as humans. Rarity especially is very cute. But I still hate their clothes. :/ I don't like how they ALL have to wear skirts. It just pisses me the hell off. I'm female-bodied and I don't even wear skirts... Where's the character I relate to now? :(