Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Fanfic Reader DrCobra Publically Humiliated In Front Of Alot Of People

GXPBlast

I heard of Dr. Cobra. I never checked out any of his stuff, but I head he did NSFW stuff, and since I ain't into that I never venture into THAT part of YouTube. Whenever stuff like that happens I just back away slowly and come back when less weird crap is going on.

As for someone harassing him, that's just not cool no matter what you did (as long as you didn't do something illegal). People have their opinions, and even thought their opinions are biased and rude, we should respect their opinions.

Will I stand by Dr.Cobra when and if he gets attacked, of course. I do that for any and all bronies, but there's only so much I can do

(edited)

Will I stand by Dr.Cobra when and if he gets attacked, of course. I do that for any and all bronies, but there's only so much I can do

Yep as we bronies need to keep backing each other. People need to love and tolerate more lol.

Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 1

This may be an unpopular opinion, but he brought it upon himself. Why in the world did he post videos of himself reading adult "Clop" stories on the same channel with videos that showed his face and gave clues to the "real" him? Did he think that somehow only bronies who liked clop would see them? To be honest, I have written many "Adult" stories.

(Plus one ten part MLP:FIM "clop-fic", and I mean serious CLOP in capital letters!)

They are not linked to the real me at all. I have never so much as posted a photograph of myself online linked to my cutycindyhoney screen name. (That's not even my pen name!) I've used it for over ten years, and the only thing people know about it is that my first name is Cindy, and I live somewhere in New Jersey. I use my desktop for story writing and any questionable web stuff. (Yes, even this site! LOL!) It has NO personal info on it. Emails to family members and R/L friends, as well as FB type social media stuff have a totally different ID and are posted with my laptop or tablet. My dirty story writin' persona has been kept strictly isolated from the real life me for over ten years! That's how I plan on keeping it! Besides, even if someone found out, maybe I could do the next "Fifty Shades of Gray" and make mainstream smut!

• Brohoof 4

Sometimes I really have to wonder what is the freakin' point of they bully attitude amongst some people. I mean, yeah, I don't entirely understand the point of reading what is essentially smut in what is essentially a public forum as that would be an easy target for someone with nothing better to do than antagonize others, BUT does that really justify targeting someone like that?

I'm not just referring to the clop reading. How about the other videos spotlighted? Why should they be made fun of as well?

I mean, yeah, it's fine to criticize, but in the case of Machinima, with their large subscriber base, it's only going to open the floodgates of armchair internet bullies.

I just...don't get it. Period.

I don't have a problem with him posting, FYI. I mean, as long as it is age-restricted, then oh well.

• Brohoof 2

I still don't get the hate on clopfiction. I mean, haven't they heard of My Immortal? So long as the writing's good, I've got no qualms. If you find it weird, then that's fine as long that you're not a jerk about it. I mean, I've read MUCH worse in the Harry Potter and Pokemon fandom. Whitney in a Milktank farm. *shiver* Now that is an experience I wish I could forget. That's an underage girl having sex with a fricking super-powered cow and nobody's saying a thing.

It's legal in like 22 states to have sex with a horse, stop complaining.

• Brohoof 1

From some of these reactions, I would have thought that machinima plastered the users face on their video or linked to his address or something. They didn't even attack the user personally (or even mention the dudes name), they just laughed at that one dudes reaction the whole time.

Chill, guys. The video is dumb, but it isn't the grand injustice that some people here are making it out to be. If DrCobra put his face and contact information on his clop YouTube channel, that's really his own fault. I have sympathy for any shit he gets for it, but still. I doubt the machinima guys even knew about that, as they said they were linked the Rarity video from somebody else. If you want to go after somebody go after the people directly harassing DrCobra, because as far as I see the machinima guys are only related to the point that their video links to his. Jumping on the machinima guys and sending them creepy fan fiction of themselves will only make the problem worse.

• Brohoof 2

This may be an unpopular opinion, but he brought it upon himself. Why in the world did he post videos of himself reading adult "Clop" stories on the same channel with videos that showed his face and gave clues to the "real" him? Did he think that somehow only bronies who liked clop would see them? To be honest, I have written many "Adult" stories.

That may not have been the best decision on his part, but that still dosen't change the fact that this a major dick move on their part. Whether he put his face in the videos the fact is nobody forced these assholes to watch these clopfic readings. Yes, this is a cautionary tale because I might write some clopfics myself is one of the main reasons why I usually don't reveal my last name on the internet.

• Brohoof 1

(Plus one ten part MLP:FIM "clop-fic", and I mean serious CLOP in capital letters!)

They are not linked to the real me at all. I have never so much as posted a photograph of myself online linked to my cutycindyhoney screen name. (That's not even my pen name!) I've used it for over ten years, and the only thing people know about it is that my first name is Cindy, and I live somewhere in New Jersey. I use my desktop for story writing and any questionable web stuff. (Yes, even this site! LOL!) It has NO personal info on it. Emails to family members and R/L friends, as well as FB type social media stuff have a totally different ID and are posted with my laptop or tablet. My dirty story writin' persona has been kept strictly isolated from the real life me for over ten years! That's how I plan on keeping it! Besides, even if someone found out, maybe I could do the next "Fifty Shades of Gray" and make mainstream smut!

You actually make a more clear case on why anonymity is important when writing adult themed fiction. I've actually edited two pieces for a Kindle Select author in 2010, and if not for the payment transfer I would have had no idea what her real name was. This is not exclusive to digital publishing as the Romance and Erotica publishers usually encourage pen names for authors of that genre. In fact it would be the first thing an Literary Agent suggests after they decide to represent you post Query Letter and Interview. The You Tube readers should take this concept to heart.

• Brohoof 2

tbh, reading an adult MLP Fanfic on youtube in general is a dumb idea and is just asking for trouble

Edited by Matter Horn
  • Brohoof 1

personally I can't say I don't blame the guy who humiliated him cause I don't like NSFW fic either BUT! there are some lines you cannot cross and publicly humiliating someone over there own hard work and then making a video so your subscribers can add salt to the wound is crossing that line hell that's just over kill I would be hella pissed if this happened to my fan fic most of us who write these fan fics put are heart and soul into these and receiving negative criticism is one thing but doing that is very very uncalled for

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame

Note: I didn't watch the video fully.

It is heresy not want to date ponies. XD

But seriously, people shouldn't make a big deal out Bronies liking ponies that way.

And by Anti Brony's 'logic' that means we're all cloppers. XD

Edited by Rush

Yes and it's currently in the Top 3 of the most liked pics since three days. :wub:

The animator who made that video has other awesome animations as well. It looks like more will be on the way if all goes well.

I am a fan of inside gaming and I actually enjoyed this, but I noticed bronies keep coming up (their 7 worst kickstarter projects video) and I do like them but my mind just erases the hurtful things and I find it quite funny

I am a fan of inside gaming and I actually enjoyed this, but I noticed bronies keep coming up (their 7 worst kickstarter projects video) and I do like them but my mind just erases the hurtful things and I find it quite funny

Because the internet loves targeting bronies. Although not as much now, its their defense since we are taking over the internet lol.

Edited by GXPBlast

Machinima used to be about gaming. Now they're just letting fame going to its head. I still like to watch the old top 10s every now and then.

Also, I have read much more dirty and kinkier fanfiction than what they mentioned, believe me. I'm part of the SPN fandom, that should tell you enough. The SPN fandom is quite possibly the kinkiest fandom to exist, when it comes to fanfiction, but that's not saying kinky fanfiction is what its all about, but MLP:FIM doesn't even come near the kinky-ness. There is much more dirty fanfiction on the internet and it's upsetting to find DrCobra being outted.

• Brohoof 1

If you guys check out the video, we already have some comments criticizing machinima and pointing out how they could have ruined the guys life. I hope to see more of this as they need to be aware of what they could have done. As others have pointed out machinima should be entertainment mainly around video games and not making fun of people.

Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 1

If you guys check out the video, we already have some comments criticizing machinima and pointing out how they could have ruined the guys life. I hope to see more of this as they need to be aware of what they could have done. As others have pointed out machinima should be entertainment mainly around video games and not making fun of people.

I was one of the people who pointed that out.

Whitney in a Milktank farm. *shiver* Now that is an experience I wish I could forget. That's an underage girl having sex with a fricking super-powered cow and nobody's saying a thing.

Holy horseapples.

I've read some pretty weird fan fics but the idea of this just makes me cringe in a way I've never cringed before.

AND I ONCE READ A FAN FIC OF FREAKING LOUIS AND HARRY FROM ONE DIRECTION BUMPING BUTTS. Granted, I had no idea it was that kind of fiction, since my best friend just sent me a link and never told me about what it was. Still. It was weird. But that pokemon one sounds even more weird.

• Brohoof 1

About the whole "Cupcakes" thing, I personally found out about that Fanfic AFTER I first saw Party of One during my "Becoming a Brony by Watching All the Available Episodes at the Time on Netflix marathon" in Mid-April 2013. After seeing that episode for the first time, I found on the episode's recap page on TV Tropes, a mention of "Harsher in Hindsight" due to the unfortunate timing of the episode and fanfic.

I've NEVER read the fanfic, but TV Tropes had a page all about the infamous fanfic, so I know the core points. And I don't take the hate against it seriously. It was just bad timing and some viewers and readers, brony or not, took it the wrong way. I, of course, see it as just creepy fanfic that WOULD be fascinating to see/read if the viewer/reader is into creepy stuff. I see the complainers as blowing things out of proportions!

Keep Calm and Watch/Read On! ;)

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

So the lesson learned (I hope) is to not post your face along with potentially controversial YouTube content.

This would have been a good idea in the first place.

Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 1

I'll admit it.
I never heard of the person nor I care about "clop"/fandom stuff.

This is just click baiting on the expense of others.

I don't find it nice to see people shamed for something that's supposed to be fun...

On the other hand you are putting the things you do in an open place, you can't stop other's opinions.