Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

9 minutes ago, Dji said:

How are we going to converge all these story lines, if at all?

And I'm still confused about how these Elements of Disharmony are meant to figure out they're the Elements of Disharmony and whatever's happening with that.

I can just eat you all

that would work

(edited)

Hey, came here to check back in. Sorry for not posting in a while. Between waiting for @CentipedeGhoul, getting a new job, and being tired all the time now, it's been a bit slow for me rp wise. Just wanted to let you know I'm still wanting to be part of the rp.

Edited by Lil' Lovebug

@Blitz Boom 

I hope you don't mind leading most of the story involving a Cutie-Mark-less Will Guide and Alonsus! 'Cause I'm having trouble leading the story. Why don't you direct the story and I follow along with your direction?

All I know is that if/when Will Guide gets his Cutie Mark, it should appear when he realizes how much he loves telling the stories of Disney. And I think it's best to have the whole Cutie Mark appear when it's time and not piece by piece like in my head fanon outside the RPs.

Any responses or suggestions to give me?

@dosey doe Don't think I've heard of it not letting you post. After all, your doing fine on this thread, aren't you? Seen plenty of posts that were barely past a word long. If you can't just hit Submit anyway, regardless of what it tells you, then maybe its just a computor problem? Heh, try restarting?

23 hours ago, Lloyd said:

Actually, have many OCs died in this rp yet?

Ooh! OOh! I have! I'm dead as s-

@BloodDrops

Aah, noooo, Zombie or not, I'm pretty sure there's eventually a limit to how much you can eat till ya pop! Ooh! Though technically I'm also deathless, so I can only imagine what would happened if ya bit me! I can't be the only one here who wants to see a Zombonequus!

We could totally start something up were it not for the fact my author is, like, 40% certain that you might actually be a real life zombie! /we're not too terribly 'used' to the horror genre!

@Blitz Boom

A couple minor things:  Firstly, it was not my intention for the thieves to drop the trinkets, however I will roll with it, it does make sense that they would drop some of it seeing as they already had their paws full.  Second, the candy buttons aren't chocolate ( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candy_Buttons ), and I'll be describing the flavors in my next post.  

P.S.  Skye is no dumb kitty, she'll have a plan that will get around Zhu's future sight.  He probably shouldn't have revealed that detail to them...

14 hours ago, Widdershins said:

Aah, noooo, Zombie or not, I'm pretty sure there's eventually a limit to how much you can eat till ya pop! Ooh! Though technically I'm also deathless, so I can only imagine what would happened if ya bit me! I can't be the only one here who wants to see a Zombonequus!

We could totally start something up were it not for the fact my author is, like, 40% certain that you might actually be a real life zombie! /we're not too terribly 'used' to the horror genre!

The limit is a pony, but whats to stop me killing everypony and keeping them nice and fresh in a freezer? 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, BloodDrops said:

The limit is a pony, but whats to stop me killing everypony and keeping them nice and fresh in a freezer? 

Because CA-lear-ly, you ruin the product if you don't dress, prepare, cook, and store the meat all in the same day! And who makes storage facilities that big!

There's... also... the teensy little fact that the bigger a threat you are, the more noticeable and easier it is to take you down. And I feel quite sure Equestria, a nation of herbivores, takes kindly to predators.

Like, take Ancalagon for example. Even with all his magic and at the size of a small city, if his head is turned and he isn't paying attention for just the wrong second... one well-aimed magic lance probably doesn't feel good through the eyesocket and brain.

Never got zombies. They're dead. That means their weaker than the living in all respects. Like, prod one too hard and they literally fall apart! If anything, would probably be easier for a living to bite through a zombie than the other way around!

Question about zombies: if they're animated and sustained by magic, why do they need to eat? If they're not sustained by magic and need chemical energy from food, how do they digest food with non-functioning dead organs?

• Brohoof 1

@dosey doe

I would say magic but that kinda defeats the purpose of zombies so they need to eat to try and become more living. They digest food by ... who knows? I'm just making random guesses here.

• Brohoof 1

37 minutes ago, dosey doe said:

just had one of those random shower thoughts.

Those are ALL my thoughts!

You do bring up a valid point though. I hold there are varying ranks of undead based on their decomposition. Like what Blooddrops is is clearly high-end, Infected Scourge level. Sorta like the "Rage Virus" zombies you see alot of these days in stuff. Then there's the Ghouls which are the rotty thingies you usually see in older movies, and then there's skeletons that clearly are held together and animated solely by magic.

From what I can tell, the only idea of Zombies "eating" seems to be more compulsion than a need. Specifically for brains. I'm sure at some point it was the idea that Brain=Soul, and since the undead lack their own soul, they wish to replace theirs with yours. I think most of the threat is that they're just mindlessly clawing at you. They do damage to the living purely because their something they can hurt.

Come to think of it... other than form & material... there doesn't seem to be any difference between Zombies & Golems.

Something like what Blooddrops appears to be is rather high-functioning. She can easily hold conversation or hold rational thought. Like, sticking her head in a wheat thresher wouldn't hurt, but it'd be quite the inconvenience. *excited clap* OH! Like Bill Murray from Zombieland!  ...huh, what do you know. I actually have watched a zombie movie.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Widdershins said:

From what I can tell, the only idea of Zombies "eating" seems to be more compulsion than a need. Specifically for brains. I'm sure at some point it was the idea that Brain=Soul, and since the undead lack their own soul, they wish to replace theirs with yours. I think most of the threat is that they're just mindlessly clawing at you. They do damage to the living purely because their something they can hurt.

This, specifically, is something that confuses me about classical, movie-type, non-magical zombies: where are they getting their energy? If eating IS just a compulsion, and their organs don't function, what gives them the ability to move their limbs, or do anything? Are they violating thermodynamics? Conversely, if they actually are capable of digesting food and have biological functions, then that would make them susceptible to organ damage - something which every zombie movie I'm aware of clearly states is NOT the case (they don't even need to breathe, so you can shoot them in the lungs and it doesn't matter, for example).

Edited by dosey doe
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
18 minutes ago, dosey doe said:

Conversely, if they actually are capable of digesting food and have biological functions,

Then that would make them alive. Thereby defeating the point of calling them "Un-dead."

What I feel zombies represent is essentially a living paradox & a perversion of nature's will. Magic essentially puppeteering vacant bodies. They're frightening because they are propped up by a force you don't understand and can't be stopped along conventional means because of that. That's why most zombie movies use the strategy of sheer, increasing numbers. Sort of like trying to fight the ocean's waves. Short of an infection/curse (which, really, means more fear ought be placed on the magic then there.) one zombie really can't do much of anything... but there will always be more zombies. Like the elements, they'll eventually wear away at even a tank.

...but that's sorta the issue there. An undead human is even worse because humans don't exactly have natural defenses. Thin, easily broken claws, blunt teeth, comparatively weak muscle strength... the only thing humans have is their mindpower & free will. Take that out and what do you have? Might as well animate a giant, living Town Dump. Which would be totally awesome!

Though I'll give zombie stories that credit. Fighting an unending, un-natural force forces more creative thinking out of the characters attempting to survive. Or some cathartic, wild chainsaw waving!

It is, after all, the same deal with ghosts. And spirits I do believe in. By definition, they cannot work or be threatening, but by the same quality it makes them both scary & awesomely interesting.

Edit: Oh, and actually... Zombies do exist in the real world.

Edited by Widdershins

I mean you've got ophiocordyceps and stuff like that, but that's more biological mind control than actually dying and coming back to life; same thing with rabies, those aren't actually zombies; as far as Haitian voodoo zombies, I'll believe it when somebody does a peer-reviewed study on it that doesn't come back with "lol it was mind-altering drugs"

• Brohoof 1

Alright, a long list of things to reply to it seems. Guess this is what happens when I finally use some time to sort my MTG cards and leave you people alone for a day or two. :P

========================================================================

@Widdershins

Or the blast can smash from behind. I don't know, it's your magic. I'm just saying that said magic can't affect Null or Void in any capacity, which is why I added the option to fling yourself one way or another. And yes, as have been said preciously in the thread with Ambie, Void have stepped away from the desk to get closer and try to touch Ambie to stop whatever is going on. And yes, Null and Lance are close. Within two meters.

========================================================================

@Lloyd

I don't want anything to do with killing off OC's since that is pretty much the worst god-modding move you can make, and people tend to like their chars, so none. It ain't D&D after all. :3

Some monsters, animals, and three pony NPC's have died (Though I am disregarding the last three as the one who used them stopped showing up) but killing off OC's are a big red flag. Imprisonment, leaving, vanishing, stuff like that happens, but not death. Not counting Widdershins here either, as he seems very talkative for a dead thing. Suspicious.

I also don't count Vivid getting decapitated, as she got back from that, so she didn't technically *die* in the traditional sense.

As for what sounds like your plans to off a few of your chars, remember that no graphic deaths are allowed since we wanna keep this somewhat kid friendly, and there are other options that could still leave you with your chars intact. Like Misty and Iron are currently away and are likely pretty drained from the almost-drowning. Put them in stasis potentially, so they could seem dead as they recharge themselves. Could take a whole long time before that'd be over with, and with Morning Dew right now having hold of them, not too many would think twice about looking after the two. Knock him out in the process and you have one heck of a hidden slumber party. :3

==============================================================

@Dji

Elements have had their bearers chosen here in the OOC. Now comes to part to get them to their owners, the situations thereof, and finding the rest of the elements. We'll wing it as we go along.

Also, the storylines does not need to be intertwined. It's restrictive and narrow if the RP goes from having a form where folks can be all over the place, to having to follow a specific, narrow line all as one. Bah to that I say! :)

===================================================================

@Lil' Lovebug

Understood compadre. :) We might want to just split with him for the time being though. I can have Bubble Tea interact with him when he's around, and you can have Vivid for yourself once more. Might speed things along instead of having to wait a few weeks for him.

=================================================================

@dosey doe

I don't know. The site messes up constantly after the rework unfortunately.

For example, at random times, it will suddenly stop letting me press enter, up and down, and/or not find anypony when I start to try and tag. Not until I refresh the page. It also messed up my bioses royally, and I still haven't had the time to fix 'em yet.

Going past the gloomy stuff, it seems like you folks have a nice zombie chat going on among one another that doesn't need my input. Until either of you start to try and eat the princesses or something I guess.

====================================================================

@BloodDrops

The thing stopping you from killing everypony would be me. If I wanted to be around mindless, soulless corpses feigning humanity, I would've joined Livejournal. :P (Burn!)

1 minute ago, Blitz Boom said:

The thing stopping you from killing everypony would be me. If I wanted to be around mindless, soulless corpses feigning humanity, I would've joined Livejournal.

Pretty much, and the fact if Blood Drops did that she would be sent to tartarus.

Blood Drops is essentially a canterlot ghoul, minus the bale fire radiation, disfigurement or extreme powers from it.

She is a carrier of the zombie virus, able to spread it to other ponies via biting and infecting them with a full virus. Though she retains her intelligence, though she does have the flesh urge of the virus. That she can control in some ways. 

@Blitz Boom

There's a few things about the gem to keep in mind, so that way we can both avoid some possible deaths. The gem can be used to punch a pony's entire body into the Astral plane, which Sapphire did throughout her fight with Athriel, who may or may not know about this. The gem could allow Athriel, or Warlock, to seem as if they killed Iron and Misty, allowing them to get Astral to side with her after convincing her dark magic was the only solution. Which could be used as leverage to bring a resurrected Sapphire to join them and note, since Sapphire is already dead, when she comes back (If Athriel brings her back at all) I would like to treat her more like an npc, so she could be killed off later, or might just save the world again. Who knows? Also, do you think her eye could also be a element of disharmony? or could it just be an enchanted gem?

So... @Blitz Boom. Finally got around to picking Ambie's threadline back up. Way I left it, I hope I'm not 'god-modding' too much. Figured I'd leave it up to you whether Ambie has managed to knock Void, the larger mare, over into... shall we say, Typical Anime Position? 

You should totally see the Boy smirking right now. It's adorable.         Oy! Stahp! I narrate you, you don't narrate me!

Have we mentioned we've just gotten back into anime a little while ago?

Point is, though, while I didn't bring this up in the actual post, I intend to have it look like Ambie is passed out in a compromising position ontop of Void. Something I'm sure incenses her much more vocal sister, Null, I'm sure, heh...

Oh, and also to you & @Lloyd, I've kinda dropped the intent on how to interject my pirate griffon in as the Elementbearer of Cruelty. I'm, like, so lost as to what your story is. Nor am I at all sure how to pull off introducing the two, as I'm utterly convinced he has to come with his ship, even if that ship will only be momentarily an issue and quickly forgotten of.

Also... would AU (Alternate Universe) characters be out of the running for "This Universe's" elementbearers? If the elements work via fate, a character can't be fated to have them if they're  not actually supposed to be in this universe, right?

@Widdershins

Don't worry, I'm lost on @Lloyd's story too. I have no idea on how Dawn is meant to be the Element of Depression at this rate.

@dosey doe

A typical anime position is the boy fainting on top of the girl with his head landing on the girl's chest in between her ... area. Can't really say it but you should get what I mean. At least I hope that's what @Widdershins is talking about.

• Brohoof 1