Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@~Phoenix~

Yeah I'm fine enough. Just some stuff with my dad and his health that popped up and made me worry a half ton. Sounded like he was under care though when I got hold of him, so that's good.

Thanks for asking. :)

@Blitz Boom 

So, B.B, what I'm gonna do now (and btw, sorry I've been, like, not responding for, like, a week now, heh) is that Ambie's only real changeling to him is some color-changing and some slight, uncontrollable fear-emotion feeding. So since both the anti-magic-mare and him are kinda fearful, that emotion-enabling-magic will backfire, ping between the both of them and knock them both out. I like playing the 'something bad happened, but no one's really at fault, but it still gots to be dealt with" card. Besides, I'm sure her sister won't like that and that'll certainly give a show to @genessee to react to!

..and, uh, know you & @~Phoenix~ be tired n' all... but, ah, you is gon' check up on me right? Like, you did kill me after all. Like, plan to "wake up" when you two do take the time to poke my ashen remains... but you two do need your rests!

Oh, and I do keep saying, B.B. Don't want you to feel obligated like you HAVE to post here. If you've got already far too much on your mind worrying about your Dad, you take care of life first you know!  B-besides... gives me more time to become more active here too, heh...

I will post replies to things here when I can on my way to work here tomorrow, but right now, I really need to sleep.

Also, yes, seemed like I missed the one for @Dji and one for @genessee Sorry about that. :( I had them on my phone, but forgot to post them along the others last time. I got them down now.

@dosey doe

I have no idea honestly. Try pushing back fifty pages then see what's going on. The attack lasted for month in real time, so it's quite a bit of a read when you find the start.

@Blitz Boom

In your most recent post,

"It would be interesting to see if Will meant the same as he would eventually get up, but they'd see when that were. Alonsus had enough time on his hooves to wait."

What did you mean by "It would be interesting to see if Will meant the same"?

By the way, Alonsus wanting to hide his past while Will wants to remember his past makes them potential foils. They could work off each other well.

@Blitz Boom

This idea circled my head for a bit, might require a few questions to be answered before I suggest it.

1. How long has Athriel been around?
  2. Who might have imprisoned her?
  3. What if it was a family member?
  4. Do you like the sound of Athriel Star?

Yes I am suggesting the idea that Sapphire and Athriel are related, depends how long Athriel had been around imprisoned or otherwise.

@Widdershins

I am afraid that wouldn't work, as a backlash like that would be a magic attack, and that sort doesn't work on her. Might be it'd bash him though and make Void freak out.

And if you do let her touch him, I assume the magic just fizzles out on him and the colors becomes stable. She negates stuff, not kill the user or something like that. :)

And yeah yeah, I'll look up Widders soon enough, but one thing at a time. I have a tired mare that needs transportation first. ^^

=========================

@dragon4111

If you want to have a dragon show up to fight yours, it will not be in Ponyville. As I have mentioned a few times already, enough have already been destroyed in town the last few days, it's time to let them rebuild.

Also, far as I can see from the show, there is one dragon lord and staff thereof, and that currently belongs to Ember. Why would Ember attack Ponyville?

========================

@Foxy Socks @Twilight-Shimmer

I don't know. We could go for eating, but I also waiting to see what Shimmer will do. He have been awfully quiet recently.

Let's move things along as they should and see what happens, just no cheating further into the line. :P

==========================

@Seamore Sandwich

Good to see you writing again mate. ^_^ Missed you.

=========================

@dosey doe

Shortest possible? Big shadowy thing that tried to eat everypony. Got defeated by a load of creatures that ended up stabbing it and making it fall down into dust and bones. Some of those that helped are still in town, like Last Stand.

=====================

@WiiGuy2014

You took it out of context mate. Look at the line before where he said that it was hard to get through the day with a cup of morning coffee. :)

=======================

@Lloyd

1. Athriel have been in her current state from around thirty years after Warlock was imprisoned, when the elements needed to be relocated because the Canterlot vault wasn't safe enough. Could be longer if it fits your timeline better though.

2. I haven't decided. I tend to wing things, so could be anypony, though likely one of the others that were meant to protect the elements from their intended wearers.

3. Could be her family had been protectors in that Fallen Spires faction she called out to the statue, so yes.

4. I don't have an issue with that, though you are not going to get a happy response from Athriel by mentioning that name or showing Sapphire. I can't imagine her and her family got together well with her trying to betray them and get what was rightfully hers.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Well, I have a bit of "Evil Sapphire" that I came up with. If they are related; they used to be immortal sisters, working together for a while, but Sapphire found herself getting a friend, turning good as she learned about friendship and started to try and stop Warlock when he came about. After that she imprisoned Athriel after a long battle, Sapphire living long after.

Sound good? Also, any idea where Athriel was trapped all those years, or should that be up to me since Sapphire traped her?

@Lloyd

I like the idea that they were sisters, but I think semi-immortal would be better than actual immortal for now. You can see that as being one of the goals for them to study more forbidden magic, and the continued studies, as more knowledge might make them more than just incapable of dying from old age, but actually, physically immortal. Sure they would eventually perhaps just want power, but it's just a suggestion anyway. :)

Others I may have consists of:

1. Athriel were the older one, yet more in the background, being dragged along by her more confident and goal-oriented sister.

2. A split could happen when Sapphire went a better way as you said, which would make Athriel become hateful towards her sister for setting her on a dark path, making her like it, and then just up and leave her behind for somepony else.

3. Potentially, Sapphire were indeed the one who trapped Athriel to begin with, when the younger sister finally stopped holding back from the call of the Element of Deceit, wanting to become more powerful than Sapphire ever could be, so she could make her pay for abandoning her and force her back to her side, even if it meant having to brainwash her.

4. She didn't want the element to begin with because she didn't want to end up like Warlock. That being exposed and trapped.

As for where she were trapped while we're on about it: Athriel were stripped of most of the power she had collected through unsavory means when she were defeated, and her essence and soul were locked into a bauble about the size of a pony's head. After the time came when the elements of disharmony had to be placed in more secure locations, Athriel's bauble were handed over to the griffons, who didn't have a problem ignoring the deceitful calls from the bauble, and locked her in their most secure vault in Griffinstone.

Yet years pass and rulers change. After a few kings and/or queens, the importance of the bauble went down to it just being a valued item of historical value, and were put in a museum in their town. Athriel would have stopped trying to communicate by then, likely too weakened to be able to try anymore, and would stay there, until a pony who knew what it contained broke in and stole it, thinking if he followed instructions tot he letter, he could take the power, and leave the soul inside. That being Chow, and the rest is history.

For the record: Athriel have known about Warlock, but never met him before this RP. Works better with what we have down already.

Sounds grand?

==============================================================

@Twilight-Shimmer

It's easy really. Foxy and Anomaly are just talking everyday things right now, with Anomaly changing forms now and again out of boredom. Currently, she is a small palm tree. Or well, her avatar is. She is mostly over with some of the others, which is why her persona here can't have her regular form. Figured it'd make it easier to distinct when she does this.

They have just gone over a bit about Briar, Widdershins, and how Anomaly were partly at fault for creating the Evergrown to begin with, through another of my OC's that instructed her in how to create a seed that would spawn the trees they come from. Purpose thus far unknown.

Asd for you specifically, last I replied to you, I had Anoamly looking at your new bird with big eyes, and setting questions about whatever she could do something to it to see it burst into pretty flames. I'd advise you tell her a prompt and direct no to that. :)

=============================================================

@dragon4111

Unless you mean that he goes to dragon land to lead a rebellion I have no idea what you're on about anymore mate, sorry. :/

• Brohoof 1

...it always gotta be a power-play?... Gosh, I'm gettin' lost now.

So, ah, @Blitz Boom? That's kinda what I was thinking. That what little Ambie's got is passive magic anyhow. So, like, just getting near her sets him haywire, he panics & her magic sorta triggers whatever that magic is that changelings use to feed on emotion, it sort of gets forced out of him, and in the panic they both get knocked out and afterward the hubub is about sorting out what happened.

Uh, so what do I do now then?

Oh, but I understand in Widdershins's storyline. I'll just drop that until you get back to me!

@Widdershins

As I said, magic doesn't work on Void, and if she touches you, whatever is massing up will fizzle out.

My suggestion? Let him jump back in panic when he gets near and feels something is wrong, then he explodes, and sends himself smashing towards Void. He is a physical object after all. :)

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Hah! Good thing I'm purely a mental construct! I win the Intangibility Award!!

Well, I guess. Wouldn't he have to spin around then to aim his back at Void then? Isn't she behind a counter right now, or has she stepped out from behind it to approach Ambie? Hum, not so sure about 'jump back' so much as 'stumble foreward.'

Oh, and is Genessee's Lance in the group with Void & her sister, Null?

@Blitz Boom

Sounds grand, yeah. Definitely sets up some hatred towards Astral herself, might ruin Warlock's idea to try and recruit Astral, but also might help it, who knows? Although this would build to Iron Star and Misty possibly dying, which wouldn't be very cheerful, but I could think up a work around for this so someone else does it instead of Warlock, or Warlock just blames said pony/being for their (possible) deaths. I'll figure it out since they are my characters.

Actually, have many OCs died in this rp yet?

How are we going to converge all these story lines, if at all?

And I'm still confused about how these Elements of Disharmony are meant to figure out they're the Elements of Disharmony and whatever's happening with that.