Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv An anime villain you can't help but love?

RAGESTAR

Do you have an anime villain that you just can't help but love, despite knowing that they would probably kill you upon meeting you? For me, that villain would be Tyki Mikk, from D. Gray man.

He's just so chill, so disarming, so...badass! I can't help but respect and love the psycho! What about you guys? Are there any anime villains you have a soft spot for?

Lelouch vi Britannia and Schneizel el Britannia. Something about these two just oozed so much love and charisma. <3

The black knight Ashram from Record of Lodoss War was pretty bad ass as well.

Dang, there's quite a few for me

Younger Toguro, Sensui, Tyki Mikk, Midora, Rokudo Mukuro, Madara, Grimmjow, Crocodile, and a few more I can't name off the top of my head. Some villains are just more awesome then they logically should be lol

Almost all the murderers from Case Closed.

They usually end up having sad stories.

And I'm a sucker for sob stories.

I am a sucker for sob stories too, I used to love watching case closed on this random channel we had (in like the 9000s on dish) called Colors. I stayed up to watch it in school too. Never really watched the show though, only caught when I could stay up long enough.

For me though, I love Envy form Full Metal Alchemist (Brotherhood) and Azula from Avatar: the last Airbender. Been talking about ATLA alot lately.

Edited by Bright Bastion

I am a sucker for sob stories too, I used to love watching case closed on this random channel we had (in like the 9000s on dish) called Colors. I stayed up to watch it in school too. Never really watched the show though, only caught when I could stay up long enough.

My brother showed it to me. He had DVDs of it. And we loved to watch it on Adult Swim.

Vegeta. In terms of sympathising with him as a villain you can't argue with the Namek/Freiza saga. He's just generally always bad ass and hilarious, but then whenever he has to live in the shadow of Goku, despite the fact that he himself is prince of all Sayians! He was supposed to be the Super Sayian but it didn't happen.

During the Majin Buu arc when he accepts the power up from Bobbity to try and kill Goku and he confesses he did it because he knows he'll never be better than him. It's really quite sad  :(

• Brohoof 2

Angel from Fairy Tail. She's gorgeous, I love her to bits.

I have a few more but none I can think of off the top of my head. .-. I really liked Daphne (Fairy Tail anime only) as well.

Lo- Oh wait, that's Marvel comics not anime... um, Road Kamelot from D.Gray-man? I don't know. I've always thought she was really adorable, even if she is twisted. XD I can't really remember any current anime villains I really like.

However, a previous one from when I was sixteen is the Digimon Kaizer. I actually met his english voice actor this year at my anime convention. I told him that the Kaizer was my childhood crush, and he was like, "Aw". XD

Hisoka from Hunter x Hunter. He might be a real creepy motherbucker and definitely insane but he has a personality that is just intriguing no matter what 

Edited by Chaco

For me, my favorite anti-villain is Long John Silver.

... and no, old timey novels are NOT my cup of tea.

But in the book Treasure Island and it's adaptions, Long John Silver is ALWAYS the best character. Next to the simpler, easy-to-understand characters like Jim Hawkins and Captain Smollet, Silver has great complexity. He's ambitious but not pretentious. Greedy but not apathetic. Friendly but never trustworthy. He's the best!

• 2 weeks later...

Cell, from Dragon Ball Z.

Best anime villain I've ever seen. The entire rogues gallery of DBZ is awesome, but this bastard is impossible to dislike and impossible to not hate.

He's scary, he's creepy, he's powerful, he's near invincible, he could have blown up the entire Solar System!

• Brohoof 1

Kyubey from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. He's so adorable in a weird, emotionless way. He's very creepy now that I think about it.

I don't know if she would count, but technically she is a villain. Homura Akemi from Puella Magi Madoka Magica as well. I can understand her sacrifices, and I can kind of relate to her in the way she cares about her friends.

My choice is a little old, but this guy left an impression on me. Any leader who gets a room chanting his name you know is hardcore.

Question: What is that from? It looks familiar to me but I can't place it.