Do you say 'lol' in real life?

Revy ~ Two Hands

Lol survery  

134 users have voted

1. 1. Do you say Lol in real life?

• Lol!
    • No

• 4 weeks later...

I say lol all the time, but only when I am kidding around. I never really mean it.

Yeah I do that too, it never just slips. But when I'm trolling my friends or something, I'll say lololololol just to be funny.  :P

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I do that too, it never just slips. But when I'm trolling my friends or something, I'll say lololololol just to be funny.  :P

XD exactly! My friend and I will be laughing at something we said, and then we both just start going lol in funny voices. :P me and my friends are the weirdest people at my school. Yay weirdness!

• Brohoof 2

As much as I HAATE!! to admit it, I have actually said lol MANY times in real life. Perhaps its just because I'm a teenager but, still, what is the point of me saying lol in the real world? Why did I use that abbreviation so much? Uugh!

• Brohoof 2

Yes, I do. You see, it started as ironic use. And then, after a while.... I actually got into the habit of using it almost involuntarily. I became the very thing I was mocking.

I got a friend of mine to promise me whenever she hears me say 'lol' to punch me in the arm. I've been getting out of the habit, now. :P

• Brohoof 1

If I say it, I don't say each letter independantly, but rather pronounce it as a word. You'd say it something like lawl. But yes, I use it commonly, and I also read it as "lawl" rather than L.O.L.

• 3 months later...

Never- I'm normally not around people that know much about internet slang, to be honest, aside from people I can't even speak to normally. And even if I did have someone that knew what 'lol' meant to talk to, it's not really my kinda phrase, to be honest.