Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What does Rarity do when she goes out with her friends?

ggg-2

Out of all of the mane 6, it seems, at least to me, Rarity has the most everyday customers. However, unlike Applejack who has family that can pick up the slack and help out in her place, she seems to run her business alone. That said, What does Rarity do when she and her friends go out? Does she have somepony mind the boutique for her, or does she simply close until she comes home?

Out of all of the mane 6, it seems, at least to me, Rarity has the most everyday customers. However, unlike Applejack who has family that can pick up the slack and help out in her place, she seems to run her business alone. That said, What does Rarity do when she and her friends go out? Does she have somepony mind the boutique for her, or does she simply close until she comes home?

I ... I ... um ... Well ... Oh nuts .... Headcanon gap uncovered ... I guess she closes up shop. I shall have to ponder more about this.

To the Ghostiecave!

• Brohoof 2

She probably takes a lot of extended breaks :lol: Poor girl is either working or socializing - plus it seems most of her garmets are made to order. It wouldn't hurt business too badly for her to get off of the sewing machine for a bit to enjoy herself :D

Also, Rarebear makes her own hours. I live in a small town with a bunch of shops and little corporate influence, and they're not open until 10 at night. Some only go from 11 to 2. Seeing as Ponyville is a rural community like my own, we musn't rule out the possibility her hours are shorter :D

• Brohoof 2

Actually, high-fashion boutiques such as hers are often by appointment only, so she'd know exactly when customers are coming in... Though I'd imagine that as generous as she is, she'd have the shop open when she was home, and see anypony that stopped by without an appointment...

• Brohoof 4

She probably just closes it. It's her shop, she can do whatever she wants with it.

Either that, or Opal somehow takes charge.

At the end of Rarity take Manehatten, I seriously hoped she was going to hire Coco! But nooo Dx Can't add an important character can we!?!?!?! Dx

Coco Pommel wasn't that important. Sure she helped Rarity out, but other than that she didn't do much (more than Trash Sentry, at least).

Also, Rarebear makes her own hours. I live in a small town with a bunch of shops and little corporate influence, and they're not open until 10 at night. Some only go from 11 to 2. Seeing as Ponyville is a rural community like my own, we musn't rule out the possibility her hours are shorter

Actually, high-fashion boutiques such as hers are often by appointment only, so she'd know exactly when customers are coming in... Though I'd imagine that as generous as she is, she'd have the shop open when she was home, and see anypony that stopped by without an appointment...

From a different thread.

She just closes it. Shows generosity again that she is willing to risk her financial health for her friends.

Rarity_thinking_S1E14.png

d5puKYA.png

• Brohoof 1

Coco Pommel wasn't that important. Sure she helped Rarity out, but other than that she didn't do much (more than Trash Sentry, at least).

That's what I'm saying. The didn't make her important, and the really could have! She's so cute! ^u^

Shatap. Flashlight FTW!!

post-28503-0-30091100-1412030646.jpeg

Barely anyone shows up anyways, but I assume it just stays open. The customer will realize she's not there and go off to find her. She mostly makes new line clothing not really anything individual. Other than her other friends, is there really anyone there to come in to buy things from her?

Barely anyone shows up anyways, but I assume it just stays open. The customer will realize she's not there and go off to find her. She mostly makes new line clothing not really anything individual. Other than her other friends, is there really anyone there to come in to buy things from her?

the puppeteer, and some high social status ponies order custom designs from her.

the puppeteer, and some high social status ponies order custom designs from her.

I sort of meant ponies that are from Ponyville. Rarity would probably know if there was some celebrity in town just to keep her shop open.

With the Boutique? Gee, I dunno, never really thought about it... her place of business is her house though, so I imagine her business hours are whatever time she wants to put into it, so whenever she feels like, it's closed. ;p

I'm a stickler for canon. 

So, since we haven't seen other ponies who work for Rarity yet, she opens amd closes it herself. Which makes sense, because she's the founder & manager.

The shop is also her house. She can come and go as she pleases.

Edited by Royal Samurott

Funny:  I'm planning on making a game where you can play as any of the main 6 and switch any time.  If you're not playing as Rarity, she's minding her shop and getting a pretty good number of customers.  As soon as you switch to her, she realizes she's seen her last customer off, there's no line (at least for now), so she hangs up a sign on the doorknob of her store saying "Be back soon!" and then you can play as her and walk around Ponyville.

I figure that's pretty close to how canon would work, too:  she'd hang up a sign if she weren't there, saying how soon she'd be likely to get back.

Not many ponies are there so I would say Rarity closes the store when she goes out. Sweetie Belle would be too young to handle running a fashion shop. Maybe if she handled it, her cutie mark would symbolize running a clothing store.