Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Maybe there's still a possibility for Sunset Shimmer to show in season 5?

ManaMinori

Do You Think Sunset Shimmer Will Appear in Season 5  

25 users have voted

1. 1. Do You Think Sunset Shimmer Will Appear in Season 5

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If So What Should Her Element Be

• Wisdom
    • Redemption
    • Forgiveness
    • Reliability
    • Teamwork
    • Passion
    • Other

Maybe just not the one from Equestria Girl World. SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!  While the 2nd EQG movie showed that there are mirrors active now in Twilight's castle leading from Equestria to EQG and back, meaning they can cross over into EQG world from Ponyville and vice-versa, I don't think the show series will be holding onto movie continuity regarding that. And with Sunset Shimmer from Equestria now, regrettably, staying in the human world, I'm sure the universe is trying to keep her and her doublet from interacting with each other in that world, so the pony world is lacking a Sunset Shimemr there. Howeverrrrrr, there still is the alt. universe from the IDW comic that the Mane 6 went to to meet good AU King Sombra, where good Queen Chrysalis, Wise Derpy, and humble Trixie also exist. Perhaps an AU good Sunset Shimmer also exists there, and she find a way to cross over into the opposite universe where the Mane 6 exists in the Equestria we know? (I know all this dimension-hopping can't be good, and the regular Sunset Shimmer from our Equestria just needs to return back there and try to become Celestia's student again) But what do y'all think?

Why wouldn't you think they would keep the continuity of the always-on portal in the main show? I mean, I don't think they'll bring it up or anything but it's not going to be like it's non-canon.

As for Sunset Shimmer, I think there might be points where the one we know from Equestria Girls visits Equestria; her and Celestia still have some stuff to work out, and I think it'd be cool to have some closure on that end. The only reason I don't think the AU from the comics will come into play is because the show hasn't referenced the comics once. They're canon, but it feels like they're still sort of sanctioned off in a sense.

Edited by TenorSounds
  • Brohoof 2

Why wouldn't you think they would keep the continuity of the always-on portal in the main show? I mean, I don't think they'll bring it up or anything but it's not going to be like it's non-canon.

As for Sunset Shimmer, I think there might be points where the one we know from Equestria Girls visits Equestria; her and Celestia still have some stuff to work out, and I think it'd be cool to have some closure on that end. The only reason I don't think the AU from the comics will come into play is because the show hasn't referenced the comics once. They're canon, but it feels like they're still sort of sanctioned off in a sense.

I just think a lot of the fans think that humans don't need to be traipsing into Equestria and interacting with ponies. ..like in G1. I'm sure there existed an AU counterpart of SS in EQG before pony SS went there. And ...well....if Hasbro does keep continuity, how are they going to do it, exactly? In the movie, the mane 6 know about the AU and Sunset Shimmer. If they keep continuity in the show, how are they going to introduce SS? And which one will it be? Original pony SS? EGQ SS? AU King Sombra's SS? Would they Just recap and bringing up events that happened in the first movie, like the second movie took out time to do for the audience, if it IS the original SS?

Equestria girls is , excluding the occasional cameo or appearance from pony flash (which has only happened twice, and only once did he speak), supposed to exist on its own. even in the episodes where Flash does appear in the main show, never once has Twilight's adventure in the alternate world been alluded to. and Sunset has CERTAINLY never been referred to in canon. so her suddenly showing up is highly highly unlikely.

• Brohoof 1

We need more of her. Also Flash. A romance between Twi and somepony would be an interesting thing for the show to handle.

ehhhh, i could do without Flash

I don't think romance focused around the Mane 6 is even necessary

I would like to see Sunset Shimmer appear on the show, but I doubt it considering Equestria Girls is separate from the My Little Pony show. I would like to see her come to Equestria and visit Twilight and her pony friends and make amends with Princess Celestia.

• Brohoof 3

I would like to see Sunset Shimmer appear on the show, but I doubt it considering Equestria Girls is separate from the My Little Pony show. I would like to see her come to Equestria and visit Twilight and her pony friends and make amends with Princess Celestia.

I agree. That would be a cool episode, and to see Shimmy again would be great too ^^

• 1 month later...

It would be kinda cool seeing Sunset back in Equestria, I mean, she's from Equestria, she can't stay in the human world forever.

What if theres already a Sunset Shimmer in the Human World and Sunset from Equestria has to come back.

Just a thought

I think that it'll be kept seperate from the show. It's funny, but now that Sunset Shimmer has been reformed i've actually grown to like her character, she now seems relaxed and down to earth. I personally wouldn't mind, maybe if it would deal with the problems and causes that drove her into the EG world, without mentioning too much what actually happened during her stay there. 

A part of her might want to face Celestia at this point in time, for example.

I think that it'll be kept seperate from the show. It's funny, but now that Sunset Shimmer has been reformed i've actually grown to like her character, she now seems relaxed and down to earth. I personally wouldn't mind, maybe if it would deal with the problems and causes that drove her into the EG world, without mentioning too much what actually happened during her stay there. 

A part of her might want to face Celestia at this point in time, for example.

Weather it's in the show or in an EG movie, that's something that I feel pretty much HAS to happen at some point. They need closure.

I don't think they're going to put Sunset in season 5. She would be cool to have, sure, but I think she would be pretty much the lead character in the side series, Equestria Academy. Maybe a small cameo or a mention would be cool, or they could connect Equestria Academy to the main series, and Sunset could write to Twilight at the end of each episode, and in the main series, Twilight would get the messages from Sunset's Journal, and read them, or they could just be a cameo every now and then or Twilight would tell about how Sunset writes to her from the human world.

• 1 month later...

Okay so I really liked Rainbow Rocks, and I loved the last song Shine Like Rainbows and the manga art which defined the mane 7. And that's the thing, their the mane 7 now, I think it would be really cool if Sunset got her own element. The story would kind of be like this: for one episode, after the 2 parter, the library episode, Maud Pie and Pie family episode, and possible CMC getting cutie mark episode (That's very likely as they have said "You'll have to wait and see" which gets my hopes up. Twilight is talking to her friends when a note comes from the book sort of like MLP Skype I always thought, and Sunset Shimmer wants to return to her homeworld to make up with Celestia. We then get an episode were Celestia forgives Sunset, the mane 6 meet her, and Celestia mentions an additional element that would make the magic of friendship even stronger.

I think a new main character would be a nice move to keep the audience interested and to have a nice little change of pace. I feel it would be as we could get a brand new character to explore and define.

It would also be good because it would make the race's balanced again, before Twilight became an alicorn we had 2 unicorns, 2 pegasus, and 2 earth pony. Now that Twilights a princess it would be good to get another unicorn, so we would have.

Rarity and Sunset: Unicorns

Pinkie and Apple Jack: Earth Ponies

Fluttershy and Rainbow: Pegasus

Twilight: Alicorn 

Look how well they fit together. I feel as if we were always missing a member of the main 6 who is on the dark side a little bit and could use dark magic.

post-30649-0-58659800-1419419999_thumb.png

Edited by Arctofire
  • Brohoof 2

I certainly can't see her joining as part of the mane cast. If she showed up in one or two episodes though, that would be nice. I don't expect that to happen, but if it does, I wouldn't be massively shocked by it either.

If Equestria Girls 3 completes Sunset Shimmer's story arc in the human world (and it's way too early to speculate about that; the film hasn't been officially confirmed yet) then that would provide an opening for her return to Equestria.

It's unlikely. Meghan McCarthy, while this was a while ago and plans always change, did promise during the release of the first Equestria Girls that neither series canonity would explicitly converge. The closest it's come to is the silent showing of Flash Sentry in pony form, but that is probably going to be it. I do like Sunset Shimmer and I think that, if nothing else, adding a new member of the Mane Six would be interesting and has potential.

Sadly, I really do find it unlikely, and if it does happen, it's probably not going to be Sunset Shimmer. My bet would be that she would evolve into the lead of the Equestria Girls franchise rather than converge with the Friendship is Magic pony show.

But remember, that was the FIRST FILM. You know the one that everyone including me hated. They tried to do something new and it fell so flat that it could have ruined the franchise. But this is Rainbow Rocks, I don't think it has had a SINGLE NEGATIVE REVEW. Everyone loved it so much that some even consider it to be one of the best MLP property's ever made. Also Brad was in season 4 and I think plans could change, or hopefully they will as I want to see them cross.

Edited by Arctofire

But remember, that was the FIRST FILM. You know the one that everyone including me hated. They tried to do something new and it fell so flat that it could have ruined the franchise. But this is Rainbow Rocks, I don't think it has had a SINGLE NEGATIVE REVEW. Everyone loved it so much that some even considered it to be one of the best MLP property's ever made. Also Brad was in season 4 and I think plans could change, or hopefully they will as I want to see them cross.

I think you're being a little close minded here or otherwise exposed to opinions enclosed in a specific social circle, rather than broadly. While the whole Brad thing taking a backseat was fantastic, I personally preferred the originals' songs for example. This is the first time I at least hear Rainbow Rocks being acclaimed, most of the bronies I know at least found it to be slightly better or worse than its predecessor. I myself feel that I enjoyed it less.

I did mention old Brad Sentry made a cameo in the FIM universe, but I simply find it very unlikely for them to merge the two franchises rather than let them continue on standalone. It would likely infuriate the silent but no doubt considerable audience who dislike Equestria Girls vehemently, and also practically tear out the only original, concurring thing about Equestria Girls. It would leave the franchise in a status that makes you think the situation over there is no different than before the first movie.

Well if you thought it was worse than the first one then your just, well, I don't agree with you.

Also I want to link you to a post of Equestria Daily. 

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/10/the-fandom-reacts-to-and-reviews.html

I think you sir are being closed minded. Also I don't think people will mind it because people liked the second movie and also people are now obsessing over Sunset and Sontana.

Also did I mention a certain poll on the same website.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/12/poll-results-how-open-would-you-be-to.html

I wouldn't mind having her as the focus in one or two episodes, and looking at RR's reception, she probably will be. But I really can't see her joining the Mane 6 on a permanent basis. Whatever magic she shares with their human counterparts is not the same as the magic shared between the elements of harmony. They can't just make up a new element and give it to her. Not after everything they established in the show's lore.

Edited by Lord-Pomegranate

Hello @Arctofire!

As this topic had been discussed previously I went ahead and merged it with the previous one after moving it from Sugarcube Corner to Show Discussion.

Please keep in mind for future references to use the search function. I found the older thread by search both Sugarcube Corner and Show Discussion with the keyword 'sunset.'

Also, these topics are slightly similar to this one, but different enough to keep them separate.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/113289-the-maneseven

http://mlpforums.com/topic/101836-if-sunset-shimmer-comes-back-should-she-retain-her-bad-attitude

I've listed them here for future reference. Thank you, and have a good day. :)

I doubt she'll appear in Season 5, but I'd say she'd represents the element of forgiveness as true friendship needs forgiveness when a friend makes a horrible mistake.

Well if you thought it was worse than the first one then your just, well, I don't agree with you.

Also I want to link you to a post of Equestria Daily. 

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/10/the-fandom-reacts-to-and-reviews.html

I think you sir are being closed minded. Also I don't think people will mind it because people liked the second movie and also people are now obsessing over Sunset and Sontana.

Also did I mention a certain poll on the same website.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/12/poll-results-how-open-would-you-be-to.html

Of course, opinions differ, and you're welcome to yours! However, as I said, this is a very specific social circle. Other communities feel differently from what I saw, albeit know that I didn't say they hated it, just that they didn't find the first Equestria Girls to be terrible and Rainbow Rocks a masterpiece. I found their opinions and reactions to be not much different than when the first one aired.

Just because some people hate the Equestria Girls franchise doesn't mean they hate the characters. I very much like the sirens as well as Sunset Shimmer myself! All  I am saying is that Rainbow Rocks wasn't universaly critically acclaimed nor was Equestria Girls universally critically... boo'd.

Additionally, the tweet by Meghan McCarthy, if I recall correctly, was before even the first one aired. Not to mention that the Sirens are unlikely to make a return and that Sunset Shimmer, should she leave the Equestria Girls franchise, would leave it dry of all the things you mentioned people were interested in. I just find Sunset becoming a permanent FiM cast member not to necessarily be a bad thing or a PR disaster or whatever, but just a pretty bad business move. She might actually appear! But joining the mane six? Unlikely. If another pony would join the Mane Six, it would probably be a character that was designed from the ground-up to join them.

Edited by Inactive User