Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Facebook infection (nothing bad)

CapnKrunk

Gee... feels weird to see how all my other friends have 300+ friends (maybe even 1000) on Facebook while I have only 81. Yep. Facebook's definitely infecting social status by gathering "friends" by spamming.

Edited by Derpity Derp

Heres the thing. If I ever get a Facebook, it would not be for personal reasons. I would get a Facebook if I got a lot of subscribers from youtube, or if I end up owning my business, and I will only use it to tell people of my plans of the future.

• Brohoof 1

Ehhh, let me tell you all about my joyous Facebook experience.

I created an account probably two years ago, because I lacked a form of communication with my friends I decided to do so. I never actually used the site for any real purpose, nor did I ever use it for scheduling meetings or dates.

Throughout the months of occasionally logging on to see what was new with people, I read countless pointless arguments among friends and social groups. It was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen, childish conflicts spouting up all over the place over 'Liking' someone's post or not.

I never used it often when I did have an account. Primarily to get away from all the drama that is plaguing that website.

About 5 months ago or so I wound up having around ~300 'Friends'. Then it hit me; I only talk to and know a very small portion of these people. Why would I care what Jane Doe is having for lunch, or what John said about Sam? None of their statuses affected me and it pained me to read such pointless and mind numbing updates.

Also, there is tons of those sickening Facebook games that are all re-skins of each other and serve no enjoyment or reward from playing the little browser games. It boggles my mind knowing that such games have gotten popular and people even made schedules, agendas and calendars in order to keep track of whenever the heck their potatoes would be done growing or some other such nonsense.

I deactivated my Facebook account about 2 months ago, and I feel great knowing that they have one less 'customer'.

In the end, it's a helpful site, but not one that a person should spend hours upon hours using. I see it as a more of a status updater than a social networking site to spend hours a day on.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 years later...

I agree, Facebook is ""taking over" the Internet. It seems like every website has a "follow us on Facebook" feature to it. It's like the company wants us to weave the social networking site into the fabric of our everyday lives. I personally rarely go on it anymore; I think it's a waste of my time and breath to be checking out my friend's status updates. The only reason I currently have it is to keep in touch with my extended family whom I rarely see and my friends who are away at college.

Edited by MissBookworm

I actually deleted my Facebook about a week ago and am still stuck on whether or not I should go back or not. I feel it is a self promotion scam but at the same time a great way to fuse your social connectivity of those you know Irl with those you have met on the internet. I honestly love it but that's why I hate it, I don't like feeling it's about my ego, I love sharing ideas and pages and important information, but I hate how wrapped up in drama things can get simply for having an opinion. I also hate that advertisers use us to promote products we may not even like. I just don't know whether or not the pros or cons are greater.