Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Facebook infection (nothing bad)

CapnKrunk

So recently.I've been on the internet long enough to know something is going on.

99% of websites/everyday products have the facebook symbols that say something like 'follow us' I'm not hating on facebook,but I feel like facebook is taking over the internet.I use to have a facebook profile,but It becomes an addiction and had a hard time focusing on school.Facebook got me into trouble at school too,therefore.Deleted my profile and never to return to Facebook.Even though facebook is a good way to chat with family members,My facebook has been destroyed by people sending me pictures that say stuff for example "like this picture or you have no heart"

So I advise you:If you have facebook.Use it responsibly,It can become an addiction

I have a facebook but I don't really get on it all the time. It is mostly a few time every few weeks thing. I also get annoyed with how much people like to put pictures up and want to make you like it it's even more annoying when your family members do it. It's not an addiction to me but it's mostly used to keep in touch with family and friends even with the million invites to play stupid games I'm not interested in.

first off, ive noticed how facebook is every where too. i mean slashdot.com has facebook in its own topic thread( which is all the articles and everything new or wrong with facebook or facebook related) and ive noticed that every one has a facebook. I mean a local burrito joint( burrito express) here in gillette is the only one of its name, there is only one in existenceand it has a facebook. I dont get why a restaurant needs a facebook when its only in one location and only the people of one town can like it or whatever. juat weird if oyu ask me lol.

Secondly, i use facebook as a sort of friend manager i guess. you know to keep track of peoplre i know, and see how they are doing. Im never on it tho, i mean im usually only facebook in the middle of the night when i cant sleep.

I got rid of my FB account a while ago and its kinda awkward seeing Facebook symbols on every website i go to :/ but at least most of them have stuff for twitter! :D

I have a facebook but I don't really get on it all the time. It is mostly a few time every few weeks thing. I also get annoyed with how much people like to put pictures up and want to make you like it it's even more annoying when your family members do it. It's not an addiction to me but it's mostly used to keep in touch with family and friends even with the million invites to play stupid games I'm not interested in.

Thats what I hate too.I keep on getting farmville request all the time and it gets annoying

I'm sick of it too, now its in real life, wipe my face with a napkin from a fast food restaurant that says follow us on facebook, pass my library at school with a follow us on facebook sign up, and finally, get a pack of candy that says follow us on facebook.

Facebook has not only infected the internet, their infecting society.

So recently.I've been on the internet long enough to know something is going on.

99% of websites/everyday products have the facebook symbols that say something like 'follow us' I'm not hating on facebook,but I feel like facebook is taking over the internet.I use to have a facebook profile,but It becomes an addiction and had a hard time focusing on school.Facebook got me into trouble at school too,therefore.Deleted my profile and never to return to Facebook.Even though facebook is a good way to chat with family members,My facebook has been destroyed by people sending me pictures that say stuff for example "like this picture or you have no heart"

So I advise you:If you have facebook.Use it responsibly,It can become an addiction

How so?

(In America at least,) Did you know what ever you post online, as long as posted outside of school, cannot be penalized in anyway by the school! This is due to citizens having freedom of speech even on the Internet. And if it was not on school grounds, the school does not have the ability to punish you for it. However, there are laws such as harassment and terroristic threats that can be punishable by law, which is a completely different subject.

The more you know!

I have a Facebook, but its mostly for family picture sharing purposes and planning things with friends.

There are the little things to make things better. Like Ponyhoof...

post-461-0-04722400-1333075074_thumb.jpg

I see this EVERYTIME I share something and it makes me laugh! :D

• Brohoof 1

How so? (In America at least,) Did you know what ever you post online, as long as posted outside of school, cannot be penalized in anyway by the school! This is due to citizens having freedom of speech even on the Internet. And if it was not on school grounds, the school does not have the ability to punish you for it. However, there are laws such as harassment and terroristic threats that can be punishable by law, which is a completely different subject. The more you know!

About what you said about the school punishing you on what you do on facebook.................THats the reason I deleted my facebook in the first place,because of the,school,I got sent up to the principles office because of what I say on facebook.Also you said the school cant punsish me for outside of school.Well they just did.My school stalks me and its been taken advantage of.

Facebook wasn't entirely popular here in my country until 2009. Before that everyone actually had the sense to go out and see you in person if you wanted to share something. If not then Friendster... Now it's dead and we've crawled into the social plethora, Facebook for entertainment.

At first it was like a cancer that was plaguing our society. Everybody wanted to jump right on the wagon. There were shirts, billboards, crappy TV ads that told you to "Like us on Facebook!". The last one just felt really pathetic to me. But these days it's common now and everybody here has stopped being complete attention whores and have focused on other remedial issues like "How high was your score on Tetris last night??" sort of thing.

I get tired of Facebook... I only have it because 1 of my friends asks me to keep mine. I have no problem with it, but I get tired of everyone who uses it. I had something like 250 friends at one point and I deleted all of them that I don't talk to, so i'm down to like 100 with friends and family. I had someone go up to my friend and ask them if I had any friends. I seriously hate that it creates your social status (no pun intended).

Also mirror pics. Seriously. If you have one... just... shame on you.

I don't like that companies have the "Like us on Facebook!" it's just like... I don't want to... and then there are discussions on Facebook that no one would ever have in person.

I prefer Twitter. You post the thing, you read it, you're done. I just hate the character limit.

Edited by TOMahwk

About what you said about the school punishing you on what you do on facebook.................THats the reason I deleted my facebook in the first place,because of the,school,I got sent up to the principles office because of what I say on facebook.Also you said the school cant punsish me for outside of school.Well they just did.My school stalks me and its been taken advantage of.

Unless your state has a very specific rule on "cyberbullying" that I don't know of, technically your school is not allowed to do that. It is up to local law enforcement to take care of such things, NOT the school system. There have been cases in the past of people bullying kids over Facebook to near suicide and the school tried to suspend them, but then in a case they ended up beating the school because the school overstepped its boundaries.

Technically speaking, you could have a case on your hands, but a petty case. Not one necessarily worth the legal fees of going to court and hiring a lawyer over. Your best bet is probably to lay low and stay off of Facebook anyway if it is causing so many problems. But I would tell the school that they are violating your personal space by stalking you on the Internet, just something they should know.

If you get into future troubles with your school you can tell them that due to freedom of speech law they cannot punish you unless your speech on conduct is within school grounds and see what their counter argument is. Also bring proof like a print out of other cases. Sounds like your school really needs to learn its limits!

• Brohoof 1

Unless your state has a very specific rule on "cyberbullying" that I don't know of, technically your school is not allowed to do that. It is up to local law enforcement to take care of such things, NOT the school system. There have been cases in the past of people bullying kids over Facebook to near suicide and the school tried to suspend them, but then in a case they ended up beating the school because the school overstepped its boundaries.

Technically speaking, you could have a case on your hands, but a petty case. Not one necessarily worth the legal fees of going to court and hiring a lawyer over. Your best bet is probably to lay low and stay off of Facebook anyway if it is causing so many problems. But I would tell the school that they are violating your personal space by stalking you on the Internet, just something they should know.

If you get into future troubles with your school you can tell them that due to freedom of speech law they cannot punish you unless your speech on conduct is within school grounds and see what their counter argument is. Also bring proof like a print out of other cases. Sounds like your school really needs to learn its limits!

trust me..My school is taking advantage of everything,Even the dress code,but let's not go there.But thanks for the tip.This problem has been on me this whole week

It's the cancer that's destroying the internet.

That is what haters say about ponies...

This thread eerily reminds me of a pony-hate thread, except the word pony has been replaced with facebook.

I guess we could take our own advice that we give to adamant haters and just ignore it to the best of our abilities.

I'm not trying to say you can't dislike facebook, but I just thought some of the similarities were interesting. :ph34r:

I only go on Facebook once a day for like five minutes before exiting out. Even less than that most of the time. I just check my notifications, there are usually zero, so I just leave. No point in sticking around. At school, I can use proxies to get around the firewalls but I don't even bother. It's too much work just to check my notifications.

Facebook is extremely popular, so no wonder a lot of websites have decided to add Like buttons and follow buttons from Facebook on their website.

It's understandable that it takes over the internet in a way.

I have a Facebook, but I rarely get on, if ever. When I do, I might be on for a good few hours (depending on who's online) or just a few moments. But yeah, it does seem like everything has turned to Facebook.