Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you use social media like Facebook and Instagram?

Sommar

I have accounts, but it's solely for communication between family and friends. If not for that, I honestly don't think I'd use them at all.

• 7 months later...

I do have social media, but I don't use it. I used to use it for school-based communication, but now that I have finished high school, I don't use it anymore.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have accounts on some of these sites but never really use most of them. Twitter I still check sometimes as the accounts I follow there amuse me, but I'm definitely not doing any significant amount of socializing on any of these "social media" sites. Nor am I using them as news sources, if that's what the "media" part of "social media" is supposed to mean.

Quality socializing has pretty much always been exclusive to chat rooms and forums for me. Somehow it simply never happens anywhere else.

Edited by Ixrec
  • Brohoof 1

Nah I only use social media which is direct to people like chat groups and that. Or forums I guess lulz 

I have a mostly empty fb account jus for work purposes or if i ever need anything from a group or whatever and linkedin ye

• Brohoof 1

I only use tumblr. That’s it. I’ve got a Twitter and instagram. But I only log into the latter to scroll through profiles. Nothing else. 

• Brohoof 1

No... I mean I tried, but I honestly don't see a point in using those sites. Not interested in the lives of strangers or what they just ate etc. :D And I don't think others would be interested in mine, that's why I keep my profiles empty. Friends would be different, but I talk to them in person anyway - hence they are my friends.

I've made bad experiences with big Discord servers and other chat rooms. I don't fit in there. :D The best sites to use, in my opinion, are forums. People who don't like me can just ignore me and everyone can focus simply on the stuff that are resonating with themselves.

Still not seeing the point to connect to family or random strangers, without having something in common. Only having "life" in common is not fun

(edited)

I have a Telegram account as well as Discord, Parler and Twitter(I call it Twatter because of all the sheer number of assholes on there, though to not come off as rude I will be using its original name rather than my personal nickname for it).

I don't have Facebook due to all the constant personal/private information leaks and scandals, not to mention selling your information to third-parties.

Though if you fancy chatting I can always give you my Telegram and/or Discord.

Edited by Yakamaru

11 minutes ago, LeighHoward said:

And what about TikTok?? What do you think about it?

Personally I'd say stay away from it. It's Chinese in nature and spies on the people on there.

Numerous governments across the world are banning it, and the US are already considering doing so.

I do have Facebook as it became a "requirement" in today's world, but I don't happen to use it often. I used Instagram for a while, but it easily bored me. I just use Twitter regularly.

• 3 years later...

I only use Facebook to follow wildlife sanctuaries and bat groups. Or sometimes to message people. Instagram I have but don’t use because I just don’t see the point. Twitter is really the only big social media app I use regularly.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

When I had my first laptop I had MySpace and Bebo, then had Facebook, spend alot of time on it. Then Twitter still used alot and now spend alot of time Instragam, thank my first three convestions and love for cosplayers,

I used to have a facebook account but rarely used it. There was nothing enjoyable about it. I tried Instagram once and didn’t understand it; it didn’t impress me at all. I’ve heard good things about sites like Discord but again, I can’t figure out how to make them work or how to do anything on them. I must be missing something obvious but I have tried. I simply failed, so the answer to the big question is no, I do not use social media except for these forums right here, and that’s it.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

(edited)
On 2024-02-06 at 3:22 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

I used to have a facebook account but rarely used it. There was nothing enjoyable about it. I tried Instagram once and didn’t understand it; it didn’t impress me at all. I’ve heard good things about sites like Discord but again, I can’t figure out how to make them work or how to do anything on them. I must be missing something obvious but I have tried. I simply failed, so the answer to the big question is no, I do not use social media except for these forums right here, and that’s it.

I figured you’d say that: you always seemed old-fashioned :proud: . A classy fellow you be!

I had one but it was hacked and I had requested it locked. Haven’t gotten it back, and am mostly ok with that, though I might create a Facebook just for family to stay connected eventually.

Edited by DubWolf
  • Hugs 1