Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Bosses/enemies/areas you've had trouble with in games.

Discordian

Topic title is self explanatory. What boss, enemies and areas have you had trouble with or been frustrated with in games? What gave you trouble? Keep spoilers in tags, of course.

Let's try not to attack people for things in games they find difficult. Everyone has that one thing they just can't get right in a game as much as they have that one thing they are supremely good at.

I'll start with the Holoholo Bird in Baten Kaitos Origins, fight starts at 2:30:

This fight is annoying because it comes right at the start of disc 2 and if you aren't keeping multiple saves you're stuck here since your airship crashed in this jungle. Can't go back to buy anything and there's a cutscene from the start of the disc where the last save is. If you aren't prepared for this fight you'll get royally screwed. This guy makes it look easy, especially since he's using pretty advanced techniques like the skill turbo which allows you to use any amount of skills, rather than being stuck with the few that match the power level of the meter on the right that has a maximum of five.

• Brohoof 1

Any particular moments you'd like to mention, Rising Dashie? Maybe I or someone else can help you out if it's a game you're currently playing or plan to replay.

I finished my games, I just suck in specific parts again and again XD

Uncharted 1 = You have to climb on a wall of a fortress. One one part I fail 99% of new games on that part by first time XD

MGS1 = Sometimes I beat Liquid easily, other times, I get killed by first try XD

Etc.

King Galaxian back on Pac-Man World. Oh my god... the horror...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBfv7PmZI7I

What made this worse was it took a few hours to get to this point in the game, and if you lost, you had to start all over again, which is something you don't see very often in games anymore.

That sounds pretty rage-inducing. Luckily the fight doesn't look too hard, just not something you wanna rush. :lol:

I finished my games, I just suck in specific parts again and again XD

Uncharted 1 = You have to climb on a wall of a fortress. One one part I fail 99% of new games on that part by first time XD

MGS1 = Sometimes I beat Liquid easily, other times, I get killed by first try XD

Etc.

Ah, so it's one of those "that one part of the game you dread every time" things. You prepare yourself mentally as well as in-game to get past that one part in the hopes of a chance.... :lol:

• Brohoof 2

That sounds pretty rage-inducing. Luckily the fight doesn't look too hard, just not something you wanna rush. :lol:

You are correct. The problem is, I was 6 when I played this game. ^_^ There's actually another level which is probably more difficult, just because it's more luck-based.

Edited by Frostgage

You are correct. The problem is, I was 6 when I played this game. ^_^ There's actually another level which is probably more difficult, just because it's more luck-based.

Those are the games you wanna go back to years later. You'll usually find things you hated aren't as much of a problem and you feel awesome for kicking that part's ass for giving you so much trouble way back when. With age comes vengeance... :lol:

• Brohoof 1

The End in MGS3, sometimes you get lucky and take him out quick, other times you spend two hours playing cat and mouse with the geriatric bastard.  

I'm also going to say DMC3 on normal mode because some of the areas will kill you dozens of times before you barely slip-through. I still haven't finished the game on that setting(last time I played I finished the first fight with Virgil and haven't tried to get any further yet) 

• Brohoof 1

The End in MGS3, sometimes you get lucky and take him out quick, other times you spend two hours playing cat and mouse with the geriatric bastard.  

I'm also going to say DMC3 on normal mode because some of the areas will kill you dozens of times before you barely slip-through. I still haven't finished the game on that setting(last time I played I finished the first fight with Virgil and haven't tried to get any further yet)

I always found easy mode harder in the DMC franchise thanks to easy-automatic. It makes playing the game way more frustrating for me.

• Brohoof 1

I always found easy mode harder in the DMC franchise thanks to easy-automatic. It makes playing the game way more frustrating for me.

I honestly never had a problem with the game on easy mode, but normal on DMC3 keeps kicking my ass up one wall and down the other. 

Legend of Zelda OOT: I had trouble figuring out how to kill Bongo Bongo.... and after i figured it out, i had to figure out the timing...

Kingdoms Hearts 2: The large pendulum Heartless was just an unforgiving mess of a boss battle..... and jack sparrow is USELESS as a party member.

The final boss in Quake 3 (Xaero). This guy was a huge pain on higher difficulty settings. His aim was just crazy. Furthermore, he always managed to get hold of the BFG before me which was really frustrating.

I second The End from MGS3.

Unless I'm trying to get the Moss camo, I ALWAYS kill him either early on or by bumping my system's dates

• Brohoof 2

Kingdom Hearts 2: Demyx.

I mean, just...

Those water clones were the most aggravating things ever, and with the countdown on top of it, I had to retry multiple times before I won against this guy.

Since a few people have already brought up Kingdom Hearts, do not get my started on the Sniperwilds from the first game. Out of the all the Final Mix unique enemies, these things are the worst, especially if you're going after the item they drop. If so much as one spots you, they spawn infinitely and fire homing shots from all directions that can only be stopped by leaving the area or by being killed by them. I literally spent hours trying to get one item from them and you need several if you want the best weapon in the game. 

Most recently was the White Rider from SMT Nocturne. Not only does he have an ability which can insta-kill a party member and a massive fire attack the hits the entire party that he loves to spam, but the worst part is that he's camped right outside a save spot. A save spot that is necessary to advance the story along.   

PoisonClaw, on 10 Oct 2014 - 3:01 PM, said:

Since a few people have already brought up Kingdom Hearts, do not get my started on the Sniperwilds from the first game. Out of the all the Final Mix unique enemies, these things are the worst, especially if you're going after the item they drop. If so much as one spots you, they spawn infinitely and fire homing shots from all directions that can only be stopped by leaving the area or by being killed by them. I literally spent hours trying to get one item from them and you need several if you want the best weapon in the game.

Most recently was the White Rider from SMT Nocturne. Not only does he have an ability which can insta-kill a party member and a massive fire attack the hits the entire party that he loves to spam, but the worst part is that he's camped right outside a save spot. A save spot that is necessary to advance the story along.

Man, I haven't even tried to fight most of the Fiends yet. I fought a couple and got to Trumpeter. He singlehandedly stopped my first playthrough. I only ever beat Hell Biker, Daisoujou (who was also one of my main party members afterwards) and obviously Matador. I shudder to think what it'll be like to fight the others. >_<

Other than the entire game of Resident Evil 4 for about 5 years, there is The 3rd Boss from Battletoads Double Dragon: The Ultimate Team, the 3rd to last mission in Star Wars Shadows of the Empire, and lastly....The Skedar Priest from Perfect Dark on the mission Skedar Ruins. Those were all of the things that I had trouble with in games that I remember. 

I'm generally pretty bad at video games, so I won't give any boss examples... Not that I really remember any in particular right now. Lol.

My mind goes to the cursed Beamos in Skyward Sword. Beamos are generally annoying enemies in all Zelda games, but they are much harder to deal with in Skyward Sword. It's been a looongggg time since I played Skyward Sword, but I remember them requiring something very specific, like a straight horizontal slash or stab? I would correctly do the motion for it, but the sensor would read it wrong and do a different slash, keeping the Beamos alive and frying poor Link until the sensor would read it correctly. There was a room in that ship dungeon with multiple Beamos and I must have died soooo many times in that room just because of this.

Overall I liked the motion controls in SS, that was the only place I really had issues, but those Beamos... >.<

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

I've always had trouble with ice worlds, especially in Mario games.  I tend to rush recklessly in video games, and not being able to stop quickly without sliding across half the screen didn't help me, lol.

• Brohoof 1

Victor (Tales of Xillia 2): This guy can do everything you can do except even better and can wipe everyone out if you are not careful. But he also gave us the most awesome cutscene of the entire series.

Julius (Tales of Xillia 2): Can also do everything you can except better but you fight him alone.

Ghirahim (Zelda Skyward Sword): This guy is the hardest first boss fight I ever did and he only becomes an even bigger monster every time you fight him and he has the creepy factor big time.

Cid Raines (Final Fantasy XIII): His attacks hurt like hell and he is able to heal himself a near limitless amount in a short period of time.

Havana (Assassins Creed IV): Governor Torrez knew I was coming for him and put the entire city on lockdown, guards will try to kill you on sight no matter where you are in the city.

Secret World (Super Mario World): A world even more hidden than Star Road and one that adds quite a bit of extra challenge.