Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Bosses/enemies/areas you've had trouble with in games.

Discordian

Legend of Zelda OOT: I had trouble figuring out how to kill Bongo Bongo.... and after i figured it out, i had to figure out the timing...

I'm not the only one!  :D  I hated Bongo Bongo, and I had a strategy guide that told me how to beat him...  I guess the boss fight itself wasn't terribly difficult, but the dungeon is set up in such a way that if you die, then you have to go through the whole thing again to get back to him.

Other than that, there's:

Metal Kor from Jak 2: he wouldn't be too bad if there weren't also an infinite swarm of enemies and spare ammo lying around for only one of your guns.

Jade Mechon from Xenoblade Chronicles (the last time you fight him in Agniratha): while there are a lot of unique monsters that I had trouble with in this game, the only story-required boss that I had a hard time with was this one.  It mostly has to do with this one area of effect attack that he uses that basically always hits everyone for massive damage.  The best I could do was throw Monado Speed on one teammate (usually the healer) in hopes that they could dodge.  I suppose that i could have used Monado Armor as well, but I hadn't learned it by this time.

Hector's Hard Mode from Fire Emblem: the bane of my existence.  I gave up several years ago after wasting a ridiculous amount of time getting about two-thirds through it and realizing that I still had to go through one of the most difficult missions in the game soon.

Edited by Antismurf9001

Oh Man. I remember the days of The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.

there was this area in some old crypt that was filled with zombies. Now don't get me wrong, it's not that bad but as a 5 or 6 year old kid at the time this was like the most realistic game I'd ever seen in my life.  :o

Needless to say I was far too frightened to push onto the next area. You could hear the sounds coming from the tomb.  :eww:

It was just awful. Nowadays I bet I can just clear that area in 10 seconds flat.  B)

• Brohoof 1

I still have bad memories from trying to beat the final bosses of Sonic 2 (the Genesis one) to this day. Even after I beat the game, it's still a pain to do the final bosses with no rings or checkpoints whatsoever in the final stage.

• Brohoof 1

I still have bad memories from trying to beat the final bosses of Sonic 2 (the Genesis one) to this day. Even after I beat the game, it's still a pain to do the final bosses with no rings or checkpoints whatsoever in the final stage.

I never understood why there wasn't any rings on that stage 

Orstein and Smough from Dark Souls.

2 formidable bosses AT ONCE? AT THE SAME TIME?

Yeah, that sh*t's f*cking fair. ;___;

You might not believe this, but there was a video of a guy beating that boss playing with a Rock Band Guitar Controller. See for yourself.

Edited by Shadowking58
  • Brohoof 1

Well Discordian I haven't played that  game for a long time of Odin Sphere makers of Atlus Games part RPG and fighting you do have bosses that are tough in fact I couldn't beat the newest boss called THE UNICORN KNIGHT !  Also in Assassins Creed Blood lines on PSP portable have you ever beaten that pain in the ass bitch boss The Templer Witch she's hard and she knows your every moves !

That stupid ass blue room from Uncharted 1 where all those enemies ganged up on you... >_>

The Bay Bridge track from Virtua Racing...yeah, just a racing track...but the only track I could never win on...except once...FREAKIN' ONCE... ;_;

Shao Kahn from Mortal Kombat...nuff said...

The final boss from Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters...I can't beat him...

The games "Solar Jetman" on the NES...that game would make Dark Souls seem like childs play...I love the game...but the gravity in general is the enemy, essentially...

• Brohoof 2

Bosses;

- Doku's Ghost (Ninja Gaiden Sigma). This guy does a lot of damage, has an insane reach, moves around pretty quickly and can heal himself. To top it all off, on hard mode or higher, he'll summon those damn Ghost Fish. Clearly, Team Ninja knows the definition of "unfair".

- Colonel Mael Radec (Killzone 2). Anyone who's played Killzone 2 probably knows what I'm talking about. He has a seemingly endless supply of soliders that you have to defeat before you can fight Radec himself. Believe me, that can take a while (even on easy). To make matters worse, Radec will shoot frighteningly accurate shots at you. Once (or if) you manage to take down all of his troops, you'll fight Radec himself up-close and personal. In this phase, he'll try to teleport(?) behind you and stab you in the back. I don't know if this is an insta-kill, but it probably does a lot of damage nevertheless.

- Air Man (Mega Man 2). I'm surprised no one mentioned this guy before. The reason I find him so difficult is mainly because his tornado attacks leave so little room for dodging.

Enemies;

- Roaders (Super Smash Bros. Brawl). This guys are unpredictable, does decent damage and has some serious knockback power. Once you hear that "Vrrroooom!" sound, you're probably one stock less.

- Fission Metroids (Metroid Prime). I hate hate hate hate these guys. Unlike regular Metroids, these guys can't be simply frozen with the Ice Beam and then shattered by a missile. Instead, you'll have to fire whatever weapon corresponds with their color. They can take a crapton of damage and what's worse, when they have half health left they'll split into two individual Metroids! Explore the Impact Crater they said... It will be fun they said...

- Ghost Fish (Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2). These guys are some of the most rage-inducing parts of Ninja Gaiden games. They always come in large packs, they always try to swarm you and just one of them can do serious damage. And if one of them reaches you, then the rest will come very soon. Fighting them in Ninja Gaiden Sigma is the angriest I've ever been recently.

- Phazoids (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption). These guys take forever to kill!

Areas;

- The red room (Ninja Gaiden Black). This. Goddamn. Room. There are swinging pendelums, narrow platforms and enemies shooting you from afar. I cursed like a sailor trying to beat this room! I'm so glad they changed it in Ninja Gaiden Sigma (proof that even Team Ninja knows when something is too unfair).

• Brohoof 1

I remember when I was like 7 or so and we had this 3d frogger game where you had to collect the little frog children and the second level was a haunted house and to get one of the frogs you had to go in this room, and this ghost would appear and chase you, and the baby frog would run away from it so it was hard to catch it, and I could never pass that part because I was so terrified of that ghost. Still never finished the game because I lost the CD in the abyss.

Oddly enough the boss that gave me trouble growing up was Bowser in Super Mario 64, mainly because I was 5 and didn't know you had to throw him into bombs. My older brother had to help me defeat him twice on both his levels. As far as bosses I fought on my own go, I'd say every boss in The Legend of Spyro Eternal Night was both aggravating and irritating to fight, course now when I play I can beat them with ease.

-DOOM The Plutonia Experiment: I could barely get past the first few levels. Once I was bored and cheated to see what MAP32 looks like. Don't mess with MAP32.

-MegaMan 2. The final stages were a huge difficulty spike. It ends up being more frustrating than fun. Heck, I think the Yellow Devil is easier.

-Half-Life. 

Xen.

The Darklurker from Dark Souls 2

Holy shit, that fucking boss.

One of the biggest reasons I hate that boss is that it's one of the only bosses that you actually have a finite number of tries against. 

To access it, you have to use an item that there is a limited amount of in the game, so if you run out of them, you're screwed.

It's actually an optional boss, but if you're going for a certain build, the reward for killing it is too great to pass up.

In general it's just op. Its attacks deal a shit ton of damage and have a huge area of effect. And the best part is, when you get it to about half health, it clones itself! and it's not like it splits its power between the two clones, no. Both of the clones are attacking you at the same time at FULL POWER.

Good luck finding an opening if you're a melee-oriented character!

I know that feel bro.

I'm currently on knew game+, and even though I have +5 silver knight armour and black knight halberd It's still stupid hard.

They were annoying as hell.

Also, The Four Kings. Always The Four Kings. The hell if I can defeat one fast enough before second appears when I have a character focused on PVP rather than PVE...

You might not believe this, but there was a video of a guy beating that boss playing with a Rock Band Guitar Controller. See for yourself.

Meh, of course there is a vid on that. Probably NG+? Full Havel's? Once you gear and lvl up, DS becomes as easy as pie. It's not an art to kill Ornstein and Smough when you're already dam OP by yourself (well, maybe that's not OP stage yet, but just "yet").

I'm trying to think of bosses tho myself... and I can't come up with much.

I don't know, Serious Sam series on Serious/Mental difficulty? Dahaka from POP: Warrior Withing on hard? Maybe certain moments from Uncharted series on hardest difficulty.

For sure CoD: MW2, special ops, Breach&Clear 2players coop on highest difficulty. Getting through those 3 rooms was a real pain and took us much longer than expected, even with perfect use of all available arsenal (flashbangs, nades, all guns etc) and slowmo-entry.

Beowulf from Devil May Cry 3. That boss is so annoying, there's no perfect way of dealing with him, there's a lot of luck and/or patience involved.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion on:

A: Vanilla Level Scaling. Once you leveled up, the game became insane. It took you 20-30 arrows to kill off a level-scaled rat. Not to mention daedras.

B: Oscuro Oblivion Overhaul. I thought that level scaled monsters were hard, until I met monsters set manually to remove the scaling. It's a great overhaul, but its difficulty really, REALLY makes the game insanely lengthy and hard.

Of course, neither of these two were really hard if you knew what to do and went for 100% magic resist and physical resist/deflection.

- Colonel Mael Radec (Killzone 2). Anyone who's played Killzone 2 probably knows what I'm talking about. He has a seemingly endless supply of soliders that you have to defeat before you can fight Radec himself. Believe me, that can take a while (even on easy). To make matters worse, Radec will shoot frighteningly accurate shots at you. Once (or if) you manage to take down all of his troops, you'll fight Radec himself up-close and personal. In this phase, he'll try to teleport(?) behind you and stab you in the back. I don't know if this is an insta-kill, but it probably does a lot of damage nevertheless.

Yeah, after finishing Elite, I will never forget this fight ...

....at least I got the platinum trophy on 2012 XD

Oh, THIS should be fun.

-Ridley and Mother Brain from Metroid: Zero Mission. This is coming from someone who's COMPLETELY NEW to the series, I wasn't really prepared for the reaction time that was required for even the most basic strategies until I had died at least 10-20 times. Blargh.

-Razor and the police chase directly after he is defeated from Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005). It took me a long time to figure out his driving style...as well as a good bit of cash and miscellaneous races to buy the Carrera GT and even then, it was annoying when he'd randomly shadow you and fly past like you were standing still. Don't even get me started about the Condition 5 police in the chase either; to this day I have an INTENSE hatred for rolling roadblocks. Also, screw the hirpins near the fire station and this game's physics system; you do 100+ MPH around that corner: YOU. WILL. FLIP. DX

-Normal Mode Magnus from MapleStory. I...yeah, screw this too. To this day I STILL can't beat him, and it's mostly due to two factors. One, balls falling from the ceiling can take away 50% HP or kill you instantly. Two, you can only heal ONCE EVERY THIRTY SECONDS. It's going to take more firepower to bring this guy down, and...who knows when I'm finally going to be able to finish him off. Don't ask about Hard Mode. Just...don't.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF they weren't even hard. i killed them with the Deprived class at level 1. it wasn't hard the first time. None of the bosses were hard in Dark Souls.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF they weren't even hard. i killed them with the Deprived class at level 1. it wasn't hard the first time. None of the bosses were hard in Dark Souls.

Especially Papa Nito ;o

Tanked the sh*t out of him. Died like a b*tch doing his AOE attack.

Nito was a little bitch.

One of the easiest bosses. You just have to let him come to you so the giant skelly men don't aggro.

yarr

But c'mon, Dark Souls bosses were hard.

Who're you trying to impress with that level 1 deprived story? ;o

And even, how were you level 1 deprived in Anor Londo?

• Brohoof 1