Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How did you feel when you first told someone you're a brony?

Alex Z

I don't go around actively telling people unless the person I'm talking to is a brony/pegasister. But I tell them nonverbal my by wearing my rainbow dash pullover or talking about it with some of my brony friends, or bringing pony merchs.

Then when someone asks me about it I just go "yeah I'm a brony" and carry on with my business.

Don't really feel anything nervous about it, the feeling I get is pretty much "I tell you the fact, you have whatever opinion you want as long as you don't hurt anyone."

Edited by Solid Scorpion
  • Brohoof 3

I didn't really feel much, except maybe a little tiny bit of excitement watching the face my friend was making. His first words, as I quote, were:

"What the F*ck?"

He wasn't even mad or disgusted or anything, just generally confused XD

• Brohoof 2

My dad walked in on me making a Big Mac emblem on CoD. He was like, "Is that My Little Pony" and I was frozen in place and I was like "Yeah....", "Are you a Brony?", "Yeah...." then he left, 20 minutes later he comes back in to figure out why. Apparently he had heard Bronies are people that dress up like ponies and do it, I dispelled that and it never came up again he was cool with it I guess.

But I was shaking in my boots :P

• Brohoof 4

I was excited and a bit nervous when I told my parents.  Not because I was worried or anything; I knew they'd be find with it.  I guess it was just the same kind of nerves you'd get before making a speech or something.  Now it's just no big deal.  I wear my mlp shirts around, and honestly I sometimes forget I'm wearing them.

@: Great avatar.  I love Ed, Edd, n Eddy.  You don't hear much about those old Cartoon Cartoons anymore.

Edited by Justin_Case001
  • Brohoof 4

I was a bit nervous but then i resolved into not caring AT ALL. I lost all sense of giving a damn about negative implications and just said it to people who might be caring. They don't? I stop talking about it. Someone nags me about it? I casually say "Gtfo."

• Brohoof 1

My friends at the time told me I was to be a brony. :confused:  Watched the first five episodes. Was hooked. Went back to school the next day and proudly acknowledged Rainbow Dash as my fav. 97504+-+20_percent_cooler+animated+artis

• Brohoof 3

I just casually told my friend that I watch mlp:fim on a regular basis. One was a little weirded out, while most others couldn't care less as we were busy watching someone soiling their pants over stream :wacko:

• Brohoof 2

Excited I was like ‘ Hey I spent all my time watching ponies on youtube' they were like 'Ok' and I was saying how much I love the show and they were all 'I don't care'

So yeah like that.

* and they were like 'Go watch your pretty ponies' and then I was mad...

Edited by MaybeRepunzel
  • Brohoof 1

I think it's different, as a female saying she likes MLP:FiM. When I told my family, they just shrugged and said: "Okay. Cool, I guess." I didn't really feel scared or nervous because I had no reason to.

• Brohoof 3

I got found out when my friend Kye discovered me drawing a picture of fluttershy in art class. He asked if I was a brony, I said yeah, then he said "ok" and walked away with a massive grin on his face. One of the most awkward moments I have been involved in, even thinking about it makes me feel horrible. Me and Kye are still bros though :)

• Brohoof 1

I don't think I've ever told anyone rather than other Bronies. Instead, I wear it. I've not felt nervous or anything, but when my grandmother shakes her head I'm like "What, you think I'm a little girl or something?" then I just snuggle my plushies even more to make them mad lol.

• Brohoof 3

the first i seen of MLP:FIM was a friend of mine sho was a brony showed me the scene where twilight was fighting tirek, i thought nothing of it but later that summer an urge to watch the show came over me and i couldn't fight it anymore so i watch the first 2 episodes, i found it interesting, but i realized that this was a kids show and can't be liking it but something kept me coming back to it, thats when i knew i was a brony but i didn't  want my grandma finding out so i kept it a secret but when i seen "Bronies the extremely unexpected adult fans of my little pony" it all became clear and i found the courage to tell family that i was a brony and explained it to them and they thought it was great even my bro found it interesting. so yeah thats my story

• Brohoof 1

i never felt anything when I told my family,but i got a little bit nervous at first when i told my friends :blush:

now i'm proud of myself for being a brony -_- because some of them are started to be attracted by the show :lol:

I first mentioned I was a Brony by mistake while talking to my friends and made an MLP reference. I didn't even realise I'd said anything till one of my friends said: "What the hell is 'The Stare'?" And I blithley said: "It's something Fluttershy does in My Little Pony." There was a moment of extreme panic followed by pant wetting relief when I remember that one of my friends is gay and came out to us before anyone else and another friend told us about her parents divorce even though she was in counselling for it. Me liking a show about ponies barely registers. As evidenced by they're reaction, which boiled down to: "Oh, okay."

• Brohoof 1

i don't hide the fact I like cartoons/anime

and very much a nerd so when I have

a mlp moment,  yah I got strange looks

from co workers or random ppl but I

don't care,  I'm a fan of something, why

should I feel shame in something I enjoy!

• Brohoof 1

Well, I became a brony in January, so, about a year ago.

I had begun watching it at late-night on Netflix, with my volume extremely low, like, 6.

One night, in February, I asked my mom if she could hand me something real fast, and it was out of my room, so while she was doing that, I pulled up MLP on Netflix.

I said "Surprise!". She had knew, I felt very odd, as if I was in the middle of a speech, or something.

She didn't care all that much, matter of fact, she's into the show, BECAUSE of me.

I waited until my birthday-celebration (I get money and go buy myself some games and stuff.) and then, I bought some MLP merchandise. My dad saw it, and I was okay with it, since, you know, who buys something and hides it?

He saw it, and didn't care. I was a bit worried about telling him specifically, because I knew he made fun of bronies with some friends online... so I was worried he might think I am gay or something, I mean, if I was gay, I would just deny it and move on, until I came out of the closet, but I am not gay, or transgender, or bisexual, so yeah.

No one really cared, except one of my ex-best-friends on Xbox Live who insulted me consistently and lost contact with me for it. I, honestly, since we had been web friends for years, I was sad.

I hoped none of my other friends did said action, and later, I purchased a MLP Gamer Picture pack, and used it. They didn't care, except that one guy.

I messaged him a few times asking him why he de-friended / un-friended me and he said "Because you're a pony loving gay faggot!" in a message.

I, honestly, after that, reported him and blocked him, and of course avoided him.

Haven't talked to him since, and never plan on it.

(Too long didn't read edition: No one cared except one of my friends. My parents supported it, because why not? I'm going to EFNW 2015, as well.)

post-29951-0-61418700-1413790731.gif

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...

Relieved that they didn't react with the scorn and ridicule that I expected them to, for the most part. Other than that it was simply nice to get off my chest. At the age I joined the fandom I was somewhat of a nervous wreck in public and wasn't very skillful at expressing myself, to say the least.

• Brohoof 1

Been about 6 years now, most of the people that find out early on were random people from school that followed a link from my steam page to my mlpforums profile. The first person I told face to face was a few years after I started watching, it got spread throughout my friendship group at the time that I watched the show, didn't end up telling anyone from then on. There are a few people I have in my life at the moment that I've almost been able to sneak it in with but it's not really a priority so I just dismiss it.