Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you want to see in G5?

Plonkett

If we were soon to get a G5 show, what would you want it to have, and what would you want it to be like? For me, I don't want to just see a more fleshed out world then in FiM, but I want to see that world explored more. I also want the animation style to be as interesting as FiM's, but probably not too similar.

Things I would like to have in G5

. Great Animation

. Well developed characters

. Good writers

. Great story

I hope all of these elements from FIM carry over to G5 if it gets made.

• Brohoof 2

Things I would like to have in G5

. Great Animation

. Well developed characters

. Good writers

. Great story

I hope all of these elements from FIM carry over to G5 if it gets made.

Yes I would love that.

Would be cool if it could also have a well made film series that would go on each year. While the TV show would be mostly slice of life comedy with adventure elements, the movies could be bigger adventures.

Plus, a very well constructed world would be nice, with many locations and continents, and having a rich history. It should also have lots of different races and creatures, even more than in FiM, but non that would appear human in any way (though minotaurs, centaurs, satyrs, nagas, etc I'd very well prefer to see)

Two words: Princess Derpy!

(Okay maybe not, but I'd like to see a little continuity between G4 and G5, even to the point of being in G4's future.)

• Brohoof 1

Twilight as princess of equestria

The rest of the mane 6 appearing as secondary or tertiary characters at important episodes (dunno, protagonist travels to manehattan, protagonist encounter with rarity, protagonist do something with rarity)

I'd love to see a G5 connected with the G4

Twilight as princess of equestria

The rest of the mane 6 appearing as secondary or tertiary characters at important episodes (dunno, protagonist travels to manehattan, protagonist encounter with rarity, protagonist do something with rarity)

I'd love to see a G5 connected with the G4

Story: 5 of em betrays Twilight because they're jealous. 

• More battle scenes. Not a whole lot but maybe 3-4 that are really good. 

More controversial topics. Homeless, Pseudo drug problems, gambling addiction etc. 

Another Trixie episode. 

More Bulk Biceps

Expand a little on background ponies like Lyra, Octavia, Colgate and a few others. 

Give princess Luna her due and more emphasis on stuff that goes on at night. 

More places to go and see that is not Canterlot and Ponyville.

A rainbow dash song that is not about competition, flying, or the team she wants to join.

Yeah I'm on the same boat with you all, I'd like to see Equestria also be part of the G5 setting. I believe the setting for the past three gens was Ponyland, was it not? I think Equestria would be a great setting for future pony gens to come.

Yeah I'm on the same boat with you all, I'd like to see Equestria also be part of the G5 setting. I believe the setting for the past three gens was Ponyland, was it not? I think Equestria would be a great setting for future pony gens to come.

I agree. Equestria is a much more imaginative name for the setting, so I agree that it should carry over. Other than that, I'm not really married to anything in the way of bigger details. Maybe the name Ponyville can make a return for the third series in a row.

After checking out past series, I can say that they're all quite different from one another, and from FiM despite all of them having a universal pony essence to them, yet they each have their own individual charm to them as well IMHO, even though none hold a candle to FiM. What I want for a G5 or G4.5 series would be something different from anything that came before it. I do, however, want it to have the same writing quality that FiM has, and of course, the pony charm that every MLP series has. Otherwise, the sky's the limit. It could be a pony water world series, where all pony races also live in harmony with sea ponies, and the mane cast is wrapped up in some sci-fi plot with like-themed villains. It could be another pony series in a modern setting, where ponies have to live in a world with smartphones without opposable thumbs. It could even be a series set in a medieval period where ponies have to fight to avoid assimilation by a species that is bent on ruling over all nations in the land. Anything's possible, really. I just hope it will capture the essence of what makes FiM great.

• Brohoof 1

New set of characters so they could learn and evolve from the scratch. Would be interesting to see Discords child being a main character. Or even entire mane6 offspring. After all G5 stands for next fifth generation.

The Equestria of G4, but after something has occurred that has changed it completely. Not post apocalypse change just something very big. Besides that just an improvement in overall quality.

AND THE RETURN OF THE MAKER. (Lauren Faust)

• Brohoof 1

I think G5 should have a different setting. Obviously still in Equestria but move away from Ponyville, it might be interesting to have a series set in one of the big cities, it would give it a very different feel to the current Gen and would open up different possibilities.

Twilight should be the mane princess of Equestria by that point as a nice bridge between Gens.

• Brohoof 1

honestly I think that no matter what happens Hasbro will not be able to disconnect any thing related to pony from FIM in any generation.

FIM has become it's core of this series and they would be fools to take in another direction