Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the worst weather that happens in your area?

~Sugar Sprinkles~

(edited)
4 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

Indiana weather doesn't make any sense, that could be the worst aspect of it all. Some years during the spring we may get severe weather with possible tornadoes, other years we could get snow in April. Sometimes we have constant 60 degree (F) weather during the winter, other times we could get ice storms and tons of snow. Our severe weather season was once Spring, then it became Autumn for some reason and now we don't even know.

That is basically the worst aspect, unpredictability. Ninja weather always lurking in the shadows, ready to strike us Hoosiers. 1050795071_NinjaEmote.png.95e60f51d3fdb0f4898ca595fe774cf5.png

That sounds completely like Oklahoma. Except (in NE Oklahoma, anyway) we don't get real snow storms anymore, ever. It's been eight years. I've given up hope on it ever happening again. We really don't get much ice anymore, either. I haven't seen a significant sleet in who knows how long? The last time I even saw sleet at all was a couple of Springs ago. lol I miss sleet. It sounds so pretty when it falls.

Autumns are generally peaceful here, though. Last year was an exception, where we had tornadic storms on the last day of November. It was complete and utter bull. I was putting up a winter solstice tree and had to turn on the TV to make sure my house wasn't going to get destroyed by a tornado. >.> They all went east. But it was very eerie, because late November is probably one of the least likely times for a tornado to ever happen here, because by the end of November, we've essentially moved on from autumn and now it's winter. To watch the weather people doing their storm chasing during that time of year, when it's supposed to be peaceful and we shouldn't have anything to worry about was so bizarre.

Gosh darn it, that feels like just yesterday, that we were going into winter and I was so happy. That time passed in the blink of an eye and now we're back to the most dreadful part of the year. ='( It's not fair how fast winter flies by (nor is it fair that winters suck where I live, so I never get my fill).

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Here in Texas? You've got extreme heat with high humidity that lasts from June or so until October, and you've got hurricanes that come by and wreck $#!+ once in a while (Ike, Harvey to name a couple). Also you almost NEVER know what the weather will be like during the spring and the fall.

Edited by Dusky, the Boy Queen
Ugh.

(edited)

I know I've posted here already, but that was for my dorm in Norfolk, not my home. My home is in the mountains, so we never really get much serious rain or snow since most of it gets caught before it can reach us. I'm sure the city could flood easily (and I heard it did a little during the hurricanes last fall), but because of the mountains, it's rarely a problem. The biggest issue I have is how during the winter sometimes, it can literally be below freezing one day and 60 to 70 degrees the next. Mother nature is crazy.

I remember we got a derecho a few years back, though. It wiped out power during the hottest week of the summer. Luckily someone on my dead end street knew people at the power company, and he got our street fixed up pretty quick. We might not have had power for weeks without his help.

Edited by Zephyr / Karou
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2019 at 5:03 PM, Zephyr / Booker said:

I know I've posted here already, but that was for my dorm in Norfolk, not my home. My home is in the mountains, so we never really get much serious rain or snow since most of it gets caught before it can reach us. I'm sure the city could flood easily (and I heard it did a little during the hurricanes last fall), but because of the mountains, it's rarely a problem. The biggest issue I have is how during the winter sometimes, it can literally be below freezing one day and 60 to 70 degrees the next. Mother nature is crazy.

I remember we got a derecho a few years back, though. It wiped out power during the hottest week of the summer. Luckily someone on my dead end street knew people at the power company, and he got our street fixed up pretty quick. We might not have had power for weeks without his help.

Derechos are on my top list - but they're just too rare here. El Nino-influenced ice storms probably are the worst weather occurrence. 

• 8 months later...

In the summer of 2018, we had a local tornado, that went though out property and ripped up some trees and stuff. I can still see the damage today. The weather was so local and so extreme that many people didn't even notice it.
I noticed it because the trees and bushes outside laid down flat, in the strong wind. It was really scary!

Also, we don't have tornadoes in Sweden (very very rare), so yea, that's why it was SO scary!

A mixed bag. We've been getting "historic" snowstorms every year for the past ten or so years. In the summer, we get unrelenting heat and the occasional thunderstorm. There was a time several years ago where we had tornado watches.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Nothing beats that local tornado we had (told above), however the Storm Dennis was evil to my Internet broadband and broke a phone pole, taking out my Internet for a week! I was so sad :(

Lots of rain :unamused:

When I was little we had a couple or tornados which was kinda nerve wracking cause back then we didn’t have a basement so we had to hurry up and drive to someone else’s house who did have one. 

• Brohoof 1

Although I truly don't mind the heat, we can get some really hot summers in California...the only reason I would consider this bad is how that results in the constant state of drought we're in, as well as the forrest fires. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think the worst thing that's happened in my area of Colorado to my knowledge is that before my family moved here there was an F3 tornado that hit about 15 miles away from where I live, and there was also massive flooding caused by abnormally heavy rain in 2013 which I distinctly remember. As far as the usual stuff goes, we can get pretty harsh winters and a ton of hail storms in the Spring and Summer. I actually got a pic from a particularly bad hail storm from a couple years ago, this actually even being after the hail melted a bit.

No photo description available.

Edited by SuperNESBrony

• 1 month later...