Thoughts on moths?

Hansel

I think they're cute and fluffy. Moths are one of the four types of bugs that don't petrify me (the others being rolly pollies, dragonflies, and daddy long legs, which is strange because spiders terrify me more than anything else). Well, once I recognize it as a moth and not something else, anyway.

Edited by Booker

On 12/16/2014 at 3:10 AM, Dovashy said:

Moths are cool, but I prefer not to have them inside.

So I tend to open a window for them to go outside again. :) 

Yeah, they're cool and some are pretty but it's annoying when they get in the house. 

FYI:

butterfly-moth-comparison.gif

I hate all night life, trying to get into the open window (even with mosquito net protection) during the hot summer. As soon as there is light, the big moths using their heavy body slams to get through and into the house, once in there they will find my monitor, and keep flapping over it, until I finally grab them, which makes a lot of nasty wing powder over my hands and monitor. So NO!!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

When moths are outside I'm cool with them but when they come inside it's a nightmare. I remember having to chase three of them out of the window. I swear it was like an episode of Tom and Jerry and the Three Stooges except I was the butt of those moth's joke.

Edited by MarkusTactician
Bloody misspellings... curses!

• 3 weeks later...

In general I like moths, except for pest moths, like grain/pantry months and clothes moths.

I caught an awesome one called a polyphemus moth. I was getting gas at night at a very bright station and he was dive-bombing the ground trying to get away from the lights.

Polyphemus.thumb.jpg.edea307b671b3a0d2f41eb485d9c71ff.jpg

• 6 months later...
(edited)

I saw a very beautiful moth the other day. Some of them are just as beautiful if not more so than butterflies. I saw these black one before and it was so coool. 

The small tiny moths that eat ur clothes tho they make me angeryyy :angry:

Edited by flurry

• 2 months later...