Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What movie do you want to be made?

Justin_Case001

As we all know, reboots and terrible, money grubbing sequels are rampant today.  I just watched the preview for this Terminator Genisys nonsense.  You know, it feels like they're making fun of their own franchise.  The whole movie looks like one big internet meme joke.  Rather than coming with asinine ways to keep franchises running, it might be nice if they used that money to...idk...come up with something new, perhaps?  You know?  And then there's the reboots.  Not just reboots, but reboots of reboots.  Hey, now THERE'S and idea!  They should reboot Reboot!  Anyway, I believe I heard they're planning an Alien reboot.  Wouldn't surprise me.  That's really sad.  I wonder when the Blade Runner reboot is coming?  *shudders*

So, my question is, what movie do want to see be made?  Or, what movie do you think should be rebooted?  I want a reboot of Dune.  That's a movie that really deserves a modern, proper, good version.  The orignal wasn't very good, imo, and it tried to cram too much into too short of time.  We need a version that's about six hours.  Like, two 3-hour movies.

So what do you want to see?

How about some more films which are not reboots, remakes, sequels, prequels, or adaptations of existing works?

Let's see, what's out now/soon...?

• The Theory of Everything - adaptation
  • Annie - remake
  • Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb - sequel
  • The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies - sequel and adaptation
  • Paddington - adaptation
  • Fifty Shades of Grey - adaptation
  • Into the Woods - adaptation
  • Taken 3 - sequel
  • Big Hero 6 - original, yay! no, apparently this is an adaptation too
  • Are You Here - original, yay! (panned by the critics though)
  • Birdman - original, yay!
  • The Woman in Black: Angel of Death - sequel
  • Big Eyes - original, yay!
  • Exodus: Gods and Kings - adaptation, though at least somewhat creative
  • TinkerBell And The Legend Of The Neverbeast - sequel
  • Get Santa - original, yay!
  • Penguins of Madagascar - spin-off
  • Horrible Bosses 2 - sequel
  • The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - adaptation and sequel
  • Nativity 3: Dude, Where's My Donkey - sequel
  • The Imitation Game - adaptation
  • Interstellar - original, yay!

So out of 22 films listed here, only sixfive of them are based on someone coming up with a good idea and deciding to make a film out of it. The rest are just playing it safe - making something derivative of a known successful product.

I loved the Hunger Games books, but having read them, do I really have to see it all again as a film too? I'd much rather watch something brand new and mind-blowing, than experience the same narrative twice.

Edited by Vital Spark
  • Brohoof 1

The Professionals:

Originally a TV show from the 1970s which was an action-cop show from the UK.

They attempted a reboot with a new team in the fictional CI5 called The New Professionals back in 1999 but it got axed after one series.

I’ve heard the odd rumour of a movie remake but so far nothings come of it and I’d like to see a modern day interpretation of that, OR even better than that a re-birth of the action-cop show concept set in the UK.

Dune

I agree on Dune, my dad loves Dune the movie but I found it really endlessly dull. And since it’s originally a book not a remake a re-interpretation

• Brohoof 1

a re-birth of the action-cop show concept set in the UK

Spooks was good. And does 24: Live Another Day count?

Although not action-based, Broadchurch was fantastic. Ditto Shetland. Ditto Happy Valley. Whatsmore, all three of those are due a new series in 2015.

I also enjoyed By Any Means which was kind of Hussle meets Spooks. And Paradox. Neither were well-received by critics though. :(

And let's not forget Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes. And Sherlock. And Ripper Street. And Luther. And Inside Men. And Jonathan Creek. And Line of Duty. And What Remains. And The Missing...

A sequel to Tangled, by Disney should be made.

There was Tangled Ever After, though it was only six minutes long.

Also, there was this...

_1385951986.jpg

Yes, Frozen is Tangled II. ;) 

Edited by Vital Spark
  • Brohoof 1

Spooks was good. And does 24: Live Another Day count?

Although not action-based, Broadchurch was fantastic. Ditto Shetland. Ditto Happy Valley. Whatsmore, all three of those are due a new series in 2015.

I also enjoyed By Any Means which was kind of Hussle meets Spooks. And Paradox. Neither were well-received by critics though. :(

And let's not forget Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes. And Sherlock. And Ripper Street. And Luther. And Inside Men. And Jonathan Creek. And Line of Duty. And What Remains. And The Missing...

Spooks was awesome (can't wait for the apparent movie there doing) I'll give you that, but 24 is an American show so I wouldn't count that tbh.

By Any Means was awful impo, but Life on Mars and Ashes I was super obsessed with, ain't seen any of the others apart from Creek which I'm re-watching on Netflix and Sherlock which is awesome, the ones I ain't watched do look good from reading them up on Wiki :)

Edited by Scootaloodle

Anyway, I believe I heard they're planning an Alien reboot.

Oh god, they're making an Alien reboot? And here I thought Hollywood was at it's lowest point when they made A Christmas Story 2.

• Brohoof 1

If they could somehow pull off a Fallout movie or TV series, that would be freakin' awesome.  B)

The Silmarillion. I think it would be fantastic. So much more epic than the Hobbit. They would have to pick one part of the book to base it on - preferably Feanor and his war against Morgoth - but I think it would be as good as Lord of the Rings if not better, bringing one of Tolkien's less popular works onto the limelight and giving us some good old fashioned high fantasy media.

• Brohoof 2

The Theory of Everything - adaptation Annie - remake Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb - sequel The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies - sequel and adaptation Paddington - adaptation Fifty Shades of Grey - adaptation Into the Woods - adaptation Taken 3 - sequel Big Hero 6 - original, yay! Are You Here - original, yay! (panned by the critics though) Birdman - original, yay! The Woman in Black: Angel of Death - sequel Big Eyes - original, yay! Exodus: Gods and Kings - adaptation, though at least somewhat creative TinkerBell And The Legend Of The Neverbeast - sequel Get Santa - original, yay! Penguins of Madagascar - spin-off Horrible Bosses 2 - sequel The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - adaptation and sequel Nativity 3: Dude, Where's My Donkey - sequel The Imitation Game - adaptation Interstellar - original, yay!

Big Hero 6 is an adaptation. http://marvel.wikia.com/Big_Hero_Six_(Earth-616)

Now to answer you question, I'm perfectly fine with what's out now. Hell, all I really care about now is superhero movies and upcoming video game based titles.

• Brohoof 1

I'd really like to see His Dark Materials as a completed movie series.

I'd also like to see a Star Trek movie reboot that's better than Abram's action-fest.

Oh, and a Warhammer 40k movie, even though I think the whole thing would probably work better as an HBO TV-series production. 

• Brohoof 1

The Last Unicorn

I would love to see a remake of this movie, I love the cartoon but having something

done in CG with todays Tech with just kill it!   Given how much the book is loved and

the movie and all!  I know it would be a killer flick...

The Dark Crystal-sequel

Given its a classic,  has a huge fandom and love and was a stand out art in puppetery

and all such things!  Yet maybe getting a sequel would be a killer.......

The epic of Gilgamesh, 300 kind of style.

A movie about Arthas from Warcraft, starting as him as a child and ending in him donning on the Crown of Damnation. "Now... we are one!"

Dune

I agree on Dune, my dad loves Dune the movie but I found it really endlessly dull. And since it’s originally a book not a remake a re-interpretation

I heard that they originally wanted to cast Salvador Dali as the emperor in that movie, just wanted to say :L

Edited by NotoriousSMALL
  • Brohoof 1

I'd like to see Stanley Kubrick's movie about Napoleon made. I heard there was a chance Spielberg would direct or produce it still. Preferably they would spare no expense and actually hire some extras as soldiers. The movie Waterloo is still an amazing film 45 years later imo because they hired 15,000 soldiers from the USSR and 50 circus performers (as stuntmen) for the battle scenes. Please don't make this look awful with CGI armies

A Warrior Cats movie (or anime series). Preferably not done with 3D animation and made "family friendly" like the awful Guardians of Ga'Hoole adaptation

A good Civil War movie. If they want an adaptation, Shelby Foote wrote some amazing novels. There's also Ambrose Bierce's famous short story "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge" which has already influenced films like Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo

Edited by LZRD WZRD
  • Brohoof 1

Well okay, I'm not too worried anymore but when I was a bit younger my favorite book series was called Cherub. They promised me a Cherub movie, here we are 6 years later... Nope, no movie :c So I would still love that!

But as for a whole new idea, I would love some skit shows made in the same style as the ABCs of death :D Except hopefully not as bad

An adaptation of the Pendragon book series would be pretty cool, as well as an adaptation of the graphic novel: The Sandman, by Neil Gaiman. The former could probably go with live-action, but the latter seems better suited towards an animated format.