• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

Did ANYBODY choose to be a Brony?  I have yet to hear about someone who made an affirmative decision from the get go to become one. 

Let me quote my own profile here:  "A number of Bronies are former Powerpuff Girl fans, myself included. A former friend of mine, who I originally met in the PPG fandom, had come into town for Thanksgiving in 2011. She was already into MLP:FiM by then and she had me watch the series pilot during her visit. I thought it was a fun show and found it to be surprisingly free of cringe inducing moments, even the Giggle at the Ghosties song. By late December/early January, I too had become a Brony."

I think becoming a Brony is similar to going to sleep.  It's not intentional or deliberate.  It just happens. 

At first I never heard of the show, I have seen avatars on some forums though, then a year later, my friend wanted me to watch it, I accepted, because he said there are older fans than just little girls. I watched upto midnight in my bed every night, was very secret about it, but since I knew that my friends did, I openly discussed with them about it.

After Season 2 ended, I was quite happy about bronyism. In the summer, I decided to buy a 'Deal with it' custom from Spreadshirt. I came out of the closet from then on and started to go to conventions (my first one was MetaCon 2012 in August). Fall 2012, first day of school, I wore a Brony shirt and when the teacher was getting to know all of us, I said "I am a Brony!" I stood up, and said, "Deal with it!" and I met over 9000 Brony friends from then on.

Well, after the usual "my friend talked me into it" I watched the first 3 episodes. All I remember was screaming "BEGIN THE TRANSFORMATION" I think I might have been struck with lightning...long story short I became a brony, and I also now have wings :P

Is it like the season 3 finale?

Did you have Red Bull?

Because the last time I checked, "Red Bull gives you wings."

And that's how equestria was made.

i became a brony back sometime in october when my friend, a 27 yr old talked about how amzing it was! i was like- are you serious? then he said well watch the very last episode and you'll be hooked. well i was a bit procrastinaed and then i decided okais- and i did- now i regret waiting so long! i even created my own- an oc by the name of nagare boshi. :) i love mlp fim sooo much! i have no regrets!

I can't exactly remember how long iv'e been a brony,but i think i became a brony last september.

And this is how i became a brony: My friend (DerpyTheMessenger) Really liked mlp and i kind've thought it was stupid (Was'nt a hater though) And one day i saw that mlp was on TV so i watched some of it (First episode i ever watched was the cutie pox) and i watched it and i loved it.

So thats ma story of how i became a brony :).

• 3 weeks later...

I joined in the summer of 2012. When I was looking through the TVguide channel, I saw that it would be on in 1 hour. I decided to see what all the fuss was about, and ended up seeing 'Bridle Gossip'. I had a good laugh and was hooked ever since.

I became a brony sometime in March of 2011. I actually had no idea that there was a reboot to the series, and while going on my art sites, I kept seeing people post journals titled things like, "where can I watch all the mlp episodes" and the likes. I thought people were talking about the old school stuff. Kind of wondered why everyone was interested in watching MLP all of a sudden. Eventually I saw some fanart of Twilight Sparkle and Trixie (which I really wish I could find), and was reading the comments of people's speculations and stuff. Seemed interesting so my best friend and I decided to check it out. Fell in love immediately.

I've got no idea, sometime in 2011 when I had nothing better to do, I actually got in it through curiosity alone. One of my friends is becoming one. He's relaxed and (toleration mode active) thinks pinkie's annoying. Family doesn't really approve though. I've done stuff online but never been to bronycon, even though I'd like to one day. Family doesn't really approve of it, but they're ok with it.

I was minding my own business online, when I started seeing posts about various ponies, and being naturally curious, decided to see what all the commotion was about. I watched the first two episodes of Season 1, and thought that it was pretty good, but nothing to write home about. I decided to watch a few more, and before i knew it, I was hooked on ponies.

I knew about the brony community since about a year but I never watched a episode about a month ago when I was really bored I remembered the brony stuff and so I watched my first episode, it was read it and weep.

I thought it was really good so watched another episode so I watched all 3 season in 2 days.

Thats how I became a brony !

I saw my friend's teamspeak avatar of Pinkie, I wonder what it was, asked him. Watched the first episode, and was sucked in. 

And here I am.smile.png

(edited)

It was January of 2013. 

I had just finished watching every episode of Ouran High School Host Club (awesome anime, by the way), and I was looking for other animated series to watch. I saw MLP: FIM, and decided to give it a try. 

I was addicted. I watched and re-watched every episode for what seemed like days. Some months went by, and I new I had to find somebody else who loved the show to fangasm with. So, here I am.

Also, Gaia Online is getting boring for me, so, I may stay parked here for the forseeable future.

Edited by Darrin Rowan

Just a couple weeks ago, back in the good old days of March, Netflix advised me they predicted I'd give the show 5 stars. Well, it was something I just couldn't turn down. And here I am!

March 30th 2013

I became a brony when i was on youtube and saw a link to a MLP video and gave it a shot and I became a brony in one episode!

Ive gone through all three seasons in 5 days!

I'm actually rather proud of my conversion to bronydom. I joined because I liked the show, not because of the huge fanbase or peer pressure or even curiosity as to why people liked the show - mostly because I had no idea bronies existed. Sometime around May of 2011 I was reading through youtube comments (y'know, like normal people do) and there was just one random comment that said "Don't watch My Little Pony, it will melt your brain." I immediately marathoned all 26 episodes that existed at the time, loved it, then realized I wasn't alone. I wish I could erase my memory of all the episodes, just so I could watch them again with fresh eyes. That's why I try to convert friends to bronies, to relive the experience of my first night. It was a moment in time that will never exist again. smile.png

I believe it was in April of 2012.

Mal (Starbolt) posted about the show on Facebook and I got curious. I then found out that most of my favorite voice characters are in the show so I decided to watch.

Before then I've had heard of MLP from other friends, but I just didn't see the appeal in pastel-colored ponies.

But now... It's safe to say that ponies have become a huge part of my life and I'm glad I found this show and became a part of the fandom.

If I remember correctly, I started watching the show around the time Season 2 came out; I believe it was right after "Luna Eclipsed" aired. I'd heard about the show via word of mouth on several websites, but put off watching it until then. Needless to say, the show exceeded my expectations.

February 19th 2013. It is now an important date in my life xD.

I became a brony after I found the bony sub culture. I watched the show for the hell of it and thought "To be honest, I like this show just as much as I would like a kids show like sponge bob". 
Then I slowly became a stronger fan, then I watched the famous Brony documentary and bam! I labeled myself a brony!

Now I use the show to express moral aspect, create art, and even work on a little side project for when I'm bored. It's basically a little MLP story board but with more adult satire (about as much as the Simpsons). I might post it on the forums some day.

July 2011

I watch a couple of Youtube remixes from the show. I didn't know what it was a first until I saw the names "Fluttershy" and "Rainbow Dash" and looked up thier names and saw "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic". At first I was like, ehhh. But then I saw that men my age and older liked the show. So I saw some clips from the show on YouTube and I thought it was funny. So I tuned on The HUB on my TV and watch Swarm of the Century. After watching that episode, I was sold. Especially Fluttershy's adorableness. I was like "AWWWW SHES SO CUTE!

Well, at first i was like, Pasha.

But then my friend, Roman, told me to to watch at least one episode (not the pilot [self explanatory] ).

I instantly fell in love with the show, i haven't stopped watching it since and I don't plan to anytime soon.

I started in october/november. I'm up to the point where i'm getting a fluttershy t-shirt and don't care if people make fun.

It made me "20% cooler".

I became a brony on July 14, 2012 and since then I have never been happier in my life.

I actually discovered the show before I became a brony and I thought that it would be a show that I never would catch myself watching.  I kind of ignored the show but then I kept seeing it everywhere, and long story short, I watched an episode and I absolutely loved it happy.png

I became a brony in May 2012. Before I watched the first episode, I was sceptical about whether it would be any good or not. A week later I had watched all of seasons 1 and 2 and was impatiently waiting for season 3. It's funny, because before I became a brony, I thought the concept of someone my age liking a show originally designed for little girls absurd. I've learned not to jump to conclusions before I investigate something first! happy.png

About a year and a half ago. It's a pretty plain story. My sister is a pegasister and she said I should watch the show. So I did. O.o. :P